Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - A PUBLIC ULTIMATUM TO MEATY: - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Can he do it?

YES! I love you, MEATY. I am a true carnivore! Kick Clantoncs's ass!!

70%

70%

[ 7 ]

NO! You might have the skillz, MEATY, but CLANTONCS has what it takes to pay the bills, whoops, billZ. He'll keep that number 1!!!

30%

30%

[ 3 ]

Total Votes: 10

clantoncs

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy shit! You're new here? I thought you were some veteren contestant who just returned or something until I checked your profile just now. You're really great at this and your pics look wonderful!

So, I can probably never compete with you in a real way... BUT we are both on the "Rising Stars Board". I'm on the top ONLY because I'm the oldest new member, but with a pretty good lead. I'll be up there for about another five days, so here is my ultimatum:

If you don't pass me before I'm taken off the board, I will live forever as a better photoshop artist than you. NO MATTER WHAT.

Ok, well, that's not true... but I had to make it sound ultimatimum-ish. You're a much better chopper whether you pass me or or not. Mathematically, if you stay at the same VPP and I stay at the same number of votes you'll pass me easily. The competition winner either gets to go off the rising star board with a little bit of pride (me) or gets truly confirmed as a PS badass (you).

SO! Can you do it? Do you really have the skills? Will you be a true Rising Star? Honestly, I think you'll do it, especially if you enter 2 a day for a couple contests. I'll still vote for you, but I'll also enter pics myself to try to "win" ...if you could even call it winning.

Soooo.... LET'S GET IT ON!

Wait. I mean that in the boxing sense, not the Marvin Gaye way....

--
Chris

Meaty

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:31 am   Reply with quote         

Lol thanx alot mate, until i get the chance to vote, im afraid its been a little unfair, there have been soooo many awesome pieces posted that i havent been able to vote on, until i have enough time to post more pieces there are going to be pieces that miss out on my votes, SORRY ALL YOU GUYS Sad Im working on it Wink
Im having a great time here so im sure we are going to go head to head on a few pieces sooner or later and I hope its when i have the chance to repay the guys here who have voted for me in the past few contests. Thanx everyone who has voted for me in the past btw, its not only given me encouragement but made it worth while becoming part of this great community. Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks like Meaty pulls ahead. >_>

wendysmurfie

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

meaty: 272
clanton: 271

he beat you clanton! congrats meaty! Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

COMMON;;;;; Shocked

mikey

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked oh oh! Micose have you been eating the oil paint again? ~ Laughing

Micose

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn Mikey....u too are looking for whoring votes ?.... hahaha
clantoncs

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

OH!! The bitter sting of defeat! The agony of failure! That was the first time I had ever been First at anything in my life--probably the last time, too. Why, God, WHY?!

To be honest, I'm seriously considering suicide now-- I mean, what's the point of living if I can't be the number one Rising Star. My little self esteem is entirely gone. I just can't go on....

I'll never chop again.

*sob*

clantoncs

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

In all seriousness, congrats, Meaty! You totally deserve that number 1 position--your work is, well, beautiful. I love your style. It's no surprise that you got more votes in one week than I did in an entire month-- I was actually rooting for you.

But! I should have 2 or so more contests before I'm taken off the board. You better watch your back! I'm going to make the coolest, most beautiful, funniest chop you have ever seen. I'll get like 300 votes for it, and disgrace you. You'll be so humiliated that you'll throw your Wacom tablet out the window and chop off your "choppin' hand" ...

Actually, tonight's my birthday party, so I'll probably just get really drunk on BaiJiu (like Chinese whiskey) and spend the rest of the weekend too hungover to think of any good ideas. I concede. You win. Watch out though, Grampz and VBpad are really coming up quickly and making better and better pics.

Congrats!

Chris

vbpad

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:36 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah the only problem is that my "First month" is almost up but be sure i'll still fight as hard as i can to get some awesome pics out there.

But yes big congrates Meaty you've got lots of skill there almost inspires a teach it yourselfer like me to go take a course in photoshop (almost).

FootFungas

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

I almost got on that Sad
but that was the same month theshaman was starting

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Was fun getting there clantoncs mate:) after all if its not fun then its not worth doing it.
Least now i can start voting Very Happy

vbpad I cant vouch for being tought mate, im a self taught myself, I only got into photoshop when i needed to touch up the scans of the warhammer minitures I paint so i could post them on another forum, after that i never looked back. Wink

Thanks to all the guys that voted for my pieces, and all the great comments ive recieved. They have been an great inspiration to me.

vbpad

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ok well i guess you inspire me to try harded and learn more.

Alex

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Awesome signature Meaty...
Nice piece of art. Really great thinking.

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
I almost got on that Sad
but that was the same month theshaman was starting

Shocked yeah sorry bout that FF I started 2 days after you....

Congrats to Clan & Meat. keep up the good work Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - A PUBLIC ULTIMATUM TO MEATY: - Reply to topic