Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - staring at feature pics. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

TheShaman

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I try not to think. It ruins everything.

Exclamation

a funny idea usually comes to me rather quickly... If not, or if everyone else had the same idea, then I try to do an all source picture using effects and parts of the program that I am not as familiar with. It may not grab as much votes, but atleast I'm trying to expand my knowledge of PS

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

This is how I get idea's ~ Cool

sage

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

I just call claf, ask him what he's doing, and try to beat him to it.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I've taken to camping in a tree outside reyrey's house and chanting his name as my mantra while I hug his garbage bags.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:19 am   Reply with quote         

ahhh so that is you I saw the other day Tofu, it all makes sense now Laughing Wink

blue_lurker

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:33 am   Reply with quote         

DRUGS
Dont matter what I chop it all looks good after I take my meds.....

Patre

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

Sometimes ideas evolve out of simply transformimg the source in very mundane ways,scale, rotate etc. At other times, an idea will surface as the result of searching the internet for related theme elements. On occasion, a flash of intuitive insight magically appears and presents an idea that can be worked into an image. And there are times, when I am dry as a boat in the desert, lying on sand over which it can't sail. These processes seem to run in cycles that have seasons waxing hot and cold with the changes in the human biorhythm.

Another part of the creative process equation for me, has to do with the extent of my experience creating images on the PSC site. A year ago, I posted images I wouldn't even think of posting today. What I considered creative then doesn't "wash" now in light of learning the features of an image that actually make it worth viewing. After more than a year on the site, I also know what has been previously submitted and don't want to repeat ideas that already have a corner on the market, are redundant, and /or have been done so well by somebody else that my submission would pale in comparison. In short, it is more difficult to be "creative" now when confronted with the history of the PSC experience.

Finally, there can be a gap between what my mind says is a great idea and what my photoshopping skills allow me to actually create in the real world. Thus making a good idea workable in the world of creating images may be more a function of my lack of artistic and photoshopping skill than it is of a lack of imagination.

There do, however, seem to be a few people who can regularly combine imagination and photoshopping skill to prodce the highest quality images on an almost daily basis.They are the fortunate few among us whose gifts of artistic talent,imagination and technical skill allow them to bring life to highly imaginative dreams.

I still, nevertheless, enjoy the process of attempting to make a dream come to life.
And while it has become easier to avoid the nightmares, it is not always as easy
make a good dream come true.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 05, 2006 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Thought bringing this thread temporarily back to life was worthwhile since Listen2Ween's in the final four comp & started this thread.

I found his entry pretty awesome...looks like some others did too.

There's a lot of new PSC members now...So...if anyone else want to share how they approach/interpret/mutilate the source to acheive a creative chop, this would be a good time.

CONGRATS to the remaining 4 in the H2H!!!

And, Patre, we sure do MISS YOU!!! Crying or Very sad

kittie

Post Fri May 05, 2006 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

If nothing comes to my head I just play around with the pic and do things to it that look like a bad idea.. then generally some accident happens and it looks pretty cool.

Post Fri May 05, 2006 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I get drunk typically. So, whether it's cool or not it's cool to me. Nothing beats waking up not remembering what I did the night before and seeing I have a chop on the daily contest. Laughing

In the cases were I am not drunk, the idea usually just comes to me while driving, eating lunch, or somewere not at a computer. Then I pray that I can pull it off and/or find decent outside sources.

listen2WEEN

Post Fri May 05, 2006 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey my thread is back!! thanks eve.
i havent really changed my method.. i still just stare at the feature pic for a really long time... and sometimes i stare at the thumbnail, that works too.

Post Fri May 05, 2006 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I stare at my thumbnail, too! sometimes when I can't get a good idea, I start chewing it off. bad habit, you shouldn't do it. Wink

Post Sat May 06, 2006 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I eat cheese

Post Sun May 07, 2006 8:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Be creative" Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - staring at feature pics. - Reply to topic