Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - WHO WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

malcinbl

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Having endured the nightmare of watching Tim Henman get humiliated at Wimbledon today followed by Sri Lanka thrashing our cricket team it will be good to get back to the tournament on Friday when we could see the end of the South American interest.
Great games in prospect, and as marco says, lets hope the referees let the games flow.

Just as I suspected, not only is the South American interest ended but so is Englands.
I've just been onto the main street in my town and everybody is looking so miserable.
For me I think it is a blessing in disguise as I don't want to watch any more of our ugly uninspired hoof and run stuff any more.
The England players are supposed to be gutted but I think the £100,000.00 weekly wages that they get from their clubs will offset the dissapointment in a week or three. As for Sven-Goran Eriksson, his contract has now ended and the sooner he gets away from our fair land the better.
Beckham, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard - so called superstars, have a watch of Zinadine Zidane and see just how ordinary you are.

Brazil - Argentina, at least you went out with a fight, no pun intended Argentina.

My hopes for the final has to be Germany v France

Eepi

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
My hopes for the final has to be Germany v France

Germany YES! Baguet munchers NO! Rather Portugal.

arcaico

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Portugal vs Italy

go supak!!!!!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

malcinbl

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Portugal vs Italy

hopefully for third place play off.

arcaico

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

malcinbl wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Portugal vs Italy

hopefully for third place play off.

nope... for first place I mean.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anfa

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Arc, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

arcaico

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:19 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Hey Arc, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

damn you and yer voodoo tony!!!! Twisted Evil

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

Oh! No more Brazil! Shocked
France gonna win the World Cup! Surprised

arcaico

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn Claf... YOU ARE CANADIAN!!!! CA-NA-DI-AN!!!!!! damn french colonized people... Laughing

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeah! Anyway I dont know what I'm talking about!
I only know few soccer players names,,, I'm still asking myself why soccer players
practice faking injuries,,, you see!
Smile

malcinbl

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Well the smelly stuff has hit the fan here in the UK. Sven thankfully has picked up his last pay check and pissed off. Our Captain has jacked it in (UK speak for resigned as opposed to USA speak for something else), not the brightest boy on the block so that isn't a bad thing. Latest story doing the rounds here in Manchester - What do you do if David Beckham throws a pin at you? Run: he's got a grenade in his mouth.

Tottenham manager Martin Jol launched a scathing attack on Cristiano Ronaldo following the England v Portugal game, describing the Manchester United winger as a "disgrace to football".

Ronaldo lead the Portuguese protestations after his Manchester United team-mate Rooney trod on the grounded Ricardo Carvalho during the quarter-final. In the melee that ensued, Rooney pushed Ronaldo – an action for which he was dismissed. I'd really love to be on the training ground when the Portuguese lady boy turns up for pre season training. I hope Rooney gives him a serious gubbing!!

Oh isn't footy wonderful. COME ON FRANCE.....

Oh finally - Feliz aniversario Arcaico

arcaico

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

malcinbl wrote:
I'd really love to be on the training ground when the Portuguese lady boy turns up for pre season training. I hope Rooney gives him a serious gubbing!!

[size=16][b]Oh finally - Feliz aniversario Arcaico

he's not portuguese... he's brazilian... portugal is an european country, brazil is an american country...

and thanks for the birthday wishes...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

malcinbl

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
malcinbl wrote:
I'd really love to be on the training ground when the Portuguese lady boy turns up for pre season training. I hope Rooney gives him a serious gubbing!!

[b]Oh finally - Feliz aniversario Arcaico

he's not portuguese... he's brazilian... portugal is an european country, brazil is an american country...

and thanks for the birthday wishes...

I was referring to Ronaldo the Portuguese Lady Boy, not to be confused with Ronaldo the highest ever scorer in World Cup Finals. The very same Ronaldo that went screaming to the referee when Rooney accidentally trod on the Portuguese defender who was trying to chop his legs off. If he plays in the English premier league this season he will be crucified verbally on every ground he appears on including his own Old Trafford.

This Lady Boy

arcaico

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ohhhh... that's a second class Ronaldo... Laughing my appologies malcinb...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Caldera

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Outsiders view of the World Cup;

First off, I have watched a good number of games (which surprised me), and overall have really enjoyed them. When I was young I used to watch the Bundeslige (German premier league) with regularity ... until they stopped broadcasting it in the US. So I suppose I have a dormant appreciation of football/soccer. And also, I'm not the typical American that has to have tons of scoring to be interested in a sport. I love good defensive / strategic battles, no matter what sport. This being said, let me tell you what I think should be done to improve the World Cup in particular, and football in general if it is played in the same manner.

Typical scenario repeated ad infinitum in each Cup game I've watched this year. Dude in pony tail falls down as if shot by a gun, writhes in pain as if on his death bed, and proceeds to be up and running full speed moments later. Dude with thin girly headband (ponytail optional) falls as if shot from a gun, writhes in pain, and gets carried off by stretcher, only to be back in the game 5 minutes later and running full speed. And 90% of the time on replay the collisions are less than my daughter sustains in a weekend softball tournament. And 25% of the time the only meaningful contact has to be the breeze generated by the opposing player. Is it a requirement to take acting classes prior to entering the World Cup? To say it is a joke and cheapens the game, and enjoyment of same, is an understatement. So, here's my suggestion.

Use a video replay and review of these supposed fouls, and summarily rule as to the degree of acting. And hand out those silly cards (either immediately or retroactively), thereby setting up a deterent for future use of these cheap tactics. Also, if you get your ass carried off on a stretcher you are gone for the game, period. If you're not in good enough shape to run the whole game, and need a fake injury to catch your breath, you don't belong anyway.

At the end of the Brazil/France match Ronaldo had dribbled through a seam into the goal box and appeared to have some daylight, only to fall down on his own and try to draw a cheap penalty shot. In all fairness, his big toe was clipped (maybe), but why not contiue his rush on goal and try to score? It was obvious he just feel down, rather than trying to stay on the ball I just don't get it.

So, is my review idea possible at all? It is a great sport, but I found all the dramatics distracting and disruptive in the least, and downright game changing at times.

BTW, it seemed pretty obvious that Rooney was at fault, and lost his composure. To blame it all on Ronaldo (the other one ... lol) is a cop out. When I saw that, the first thing that crossed my mind is "Rooney will get crucified over this if England loses". And even if Ronaldo planned this exactly as it turned out, it was Rooney that lost control. Ronaldo was playing for Portugal at the time, not ManU. Shouldn't he be doing all he can to win for the team he is playing for at the time? Anyway, what do I know ... I'm just a Yank Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - WHO WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP? - Reply to topic