Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New layout?! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:35 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing
Does PSC want to remain young ? Cool
It's perhaps a mistake or a bad handling, but I believe that ( in the profile ) it is impossible to indicate a birth date lower than 1969-12-31... Embarassed
It's a pity for the cool grandfathers-choppers… Wink Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:41 am   Reply with quote         

you mean there are people alive born before 1969...... ha, your having a laugh arn't ya Merlin Laughing Wink Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

so...waitaminute now...we can add comments to already pre-posted images??? Shocked Whatthe...???

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:27 am   Reply with quote         

OK...this is really freaky...we can comment BEFORE the contest starts...I see upsides and downsides...the UPSIDE being the ability to look at someone's image & add creative input before contest starts...Ex: "Hey, the shadow on ABC is too dark...maybe you should fix the perspective..." That sort of thing...Downside being..."Hey, this entry bites! Maybe you should do another one!"

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing both can be considered helpful advise DP....although point 2 could be worded nicer Very Happy

Showcase

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

OK, so I know you're all waiting for my take on all this new stuff... Wink my 2 cents...

the positive...
Let me start with the good stuff...some of the changes are AWESOME. It obviously was a lot of work to change it around and add all the new stuff...Good job!

now...the negative.
Preview Advantage posts. There is nothing good about it. Less people will post once they look in advantage and see better images than they made. I dont want to know how bad my image sucks until the contest is open and its too late. Smile I, too, like the surprise of the images once the contest opens. Many times, my vote (as few as I give out lately) is given for the initial impact of an image...If I've seen the image a half dozen times in advantage, it wont have the same impact.

The white background. Late at night, when I'm tired...it will cause all the tiny forum text to go blurry...I might fall over and bump my head or something. I'd like the white for the images pages but something less...errrm...white for all the intensive reading. I understand this might throw of the whole continuity of the site so I'll just tighten my turban and hope it protects my head.

Avatars Everywhere. I hate it. I hate it in chat, in the contest entries on votes and comments...it drags the page out from a single page to possibly 3 pages of text and bunches of avatars. To read your votes, if you have more than 50 requires much scrolling...MUCH scrolling. I tried it on one of ReyRey images so I KNOW! Very Happy

forums. I would love to see the forum menu moved to the top. the search function, logout, etc. I miss it way at the bottom of the page. I also miss the little link that takes you to the last comment made in a particular forum. Remember on the main forum page, way on the right it would list the last person to comment with a link. It isnt entirely useful but if there was a hot topic in a particular forum, you could bet the last comment would get you there.

Contests. As a few others said, the front page with YESTERDAYS winner is old news. Id like to see the current winner also. Not to mention the votes for each of the thumbnails listed. I think others have mentioned it was a quick and dirty way to check the progress of the current contest.

Alls the advertisements. Not that I need to worry about it but when I visit a website that is loaded down with the amount of adds PSC now has when Im not logged in, I would turn around and walk back out to find something a little more inviting. With all the spam talk these days, popups, etc...people are really sensitive about having ads all over the place and might not bother trying to find their way around all the ads.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it pans out and read some of the other feedback. Overall, I was hoping for a scionshade blocker, but this will do Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

Just a note...people will get tired real fast trying to see who has how many votes...since they are looking for this before they vote, then
it stands to reason the # of votes for a particular image effects their vote...
I sincerely BEG that this is left alone long enough to see just how it changes the voting around here. I suspect very strongly that we will see an immediate rise in the fairness in voting factor.
If the large image of the homepage being last winner is open for
alternatives, My suggestion is that the large image be whichever image is in the number one vote spot for this days opening contest--
it will be very dynamic as it will keep changing as one image then another takes the lead.
Lastly...spellchecker.

blue_lurker

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

dont beleive Im guuna say this but...um...well...this is hard for me ya know...shit...but well...
I AGREE WITH SHOWCASE
Oh the shame the shame of it all.... Crying or Very sad

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

I agree completely with Showcase as well and I stated similar thoughts earlier.
I didn't notice the "avatars everywhere" problem until today. I don't think anyone would complain if the avatars were used more sparingly.

I appreciate all of the work that was put into this and I do realize you can't please all of the people all of the time.
I just hope that if a substantial number of members express dislike for a new feature, you will take their thoughts into consideration.
For instance, it seems that a lot of people are unhappy with the new
pre-post viewing feature. Will this make a difference or is that feature here to stay?

Also, just hoping the Safari issues will get resolved.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

Man, you guys sure complain a lot. >_>

The avatars are neat. I love 'em.

Don't change anything for at least a month or two. Give everyone a chance to get used to the layout. I'm sure most of the complainers will change their mind by then.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:

Don't change anything for at least a month or two. Give everyone a chance to get used to the layout. I'm sure most of the complainers will change their mind by then.

My bad.

You know, I didn't even need a month to see the light.
I changed my mind on the avatar issue immediately after seeing your adorable cartoon figure.
Now my only "complaint" is that I want the avatars bigger! Three times bigger!
F**K all the scrolling, it's more of a good thing and I can't get enough of that cute little face!

ReyRey

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I've decided. I really don't like being able to see the entries ahead of time, Or my entries being seen ahead of time. It stops some people from using their brains. It is easier to steal others ideas and then create your own version. So the person who created an image without looking at others entries gets robbed. It's kind of like seeing the other persons hand in poker. Now you know what he is holding so you know weather or not to get new cards. It's not fair to the person who used their creativity to come up with an idea and it's not fair to the person who decides to copy other's ideas. They will never grow creatively. Also I wonder if some people might get discouraged by seeing really good entries. Will they say "screw it! I can't compete with that!" I wonder. Now I don't want to post my entry until the last minute and that's not fair either. Does anyone agree with me?

I agree with ReyRey Cool

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Mac has that affect on people. >_>

Quote:
My bad.

I changed my mind on the avatar issue immediately after seeing your adorable cartoon figure.
F**K all the scrolling, it's more of a good thing and I can't get enough of that cute little face!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Bottom menu says "skillfull". Isn't it skillful?

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

Death of a Clown wrote:

My bad.

I envy you that you can get away with such sarcasm.
I know it's just being sarcastic and no big deal.
*ok my point was made...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New layout?! - Reply to topic