Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - DoctorWu Tribute - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:47 pm   Reply with quote         

good choices there DP Smile

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

the202
Site Moderator

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

What a terrible loss…I am grateful Tom is no longer suffering, he was a wonderful artist and exceptional person. Tom did not deserve his fate, I have incredible empathy for his family and friends and I will miss him and his work.

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Never had the pleasure to meet him, but still I want to express my condolences to his family and his friends.

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont know this person, but he was very talented and gifted" I pray for peace and love for him in the presence of the Lord. I offer my condolences to his family too" Smile

the202
Site Moderator

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Tom's sister left a note on his website guestbook. I encourage everyone to visit winkygod.com and let his family know how important he was to our community.

http://www.winkygod.com/guestbook/index.php

YerPalAl

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry to hear this. a good chopper and human being lost.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

Tom was before my time here, so I never really knew him, only that I have seen a few of his works before, but reading of this tragedy, I went through his wonderful body of work, and I could quickly see he had what we all are looking for, a vision of what can be, his work will continue to inspire most all of us here, I'm sure of that, it's really an honor, and nice to have a tribute for him, I hope many artist participate on his day of remembrance, and may he rest in peace.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad

ScionShade

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:01 am   Reply with quote         

Just wanna bump this up.
Make sure everyone catches the news again for the tribute.
http://photoshopcontest.com/news/psc-news/1994/tribute-for-a-friend.html
For anyone without advantage..the tribute day image is linked to that news article, so it's a day of advantage for you.

Caldera

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Been one the road and away from PSC for the last several weeks, and come back to find this sad news. He had a quality to his work that always made it stand out. And as someone mentioned already, I browse his portfolio every few months, as I will do with many of the best choppers here. I was wondering why I hadn't seen much from him over the last year or so Sad I offer my condolences and prayers to his family and friends. Just know he touched many people here with his prodigious talent.

splodge

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

i would like to say i.m an biker, heavy drinker, and a lot of my friends do drugs, i have friends die on a mounthly basis,but Dr woo dieing, hurt me more than anyone else, he was special, he had tallent,,,,
love and miss yo dr woe

Hallcross Toots
dumbat

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

very sorry to hear about this

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I wanted to thank everyone who’s posted with their heartfelt condolences about my brother Toms passing.

It’s been a joy reading about how his art work was truly admired here by so many other talented PSC members and how his personality crossed over even online. He was fair minded and good willed, with a wonderful sense of humor… a gentle soul who expressed himself through his diverse art projects.

I’m grateful to Jeremy for consenting to keep his profile page up indefinitely, especially since other members go there for inspiration, and to bluefist for taking DoctorWu’s tribute a step further dedicating a themed contest in his memory. How incredibly thoughtful… his family and friends are deeply touched and I’m certain Tom is pleased to know he is being remembered through the artistic talents of so many whom he admired as well.

When we have Tom’s memorial we plan on displaying the finished art work from Thursday’s themed contest in his memory as a tribute to all the participating members at PSC who cared enough to take the time to honor a fellow artist.

Sincerely from the heart,
Linda & Family

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7308/drwutribbookmarkpv8.jpg
While I was doing my chop, I also made a Dr Wu bookmark, just a simple reminder.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - DoctorWu Tribute - Reply to topic