Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Angels among us - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Marx-Man

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

i dont remember boasting

just when i thought i brushed up all the rubble sassy tips it over...

i have a problem?

i just thought i fueled other peoples problem with me

Twisted Evil

like i say people taking me literally is a major mistake

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Sassy wrote:
Don't go away mad...just go away...

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Sassy wrote:

Yeah ya jerk thanks for Highjacking my "Kind" thread as far as I am concerned your the one that should be swinging not Arc (Sass cuts the rope)WTF is your problem anyway ?? if your so unhappy with life that you need to boast and obviously not be able to pony up and put your chopping where your mouth is why even bother boasting?? All it shows ev1 is your completely full of shit...I try to find the good in ev1 but I am tired of looking for it in you cause it dosen't exist and that is a very sad thing...
Don't go away mad...just go away.....HANG elsewhere and take your rope with ya ..

Chill out, Sassy.

I get 15 versions of this story forwarded to my inbox every week.
They always end with, "send this to 20 people you know for good luck".
I guess posting it on a forum is a quick loophole but let's not make
a habit of this.

Marx-man didn't hijack your "kind" thread. He simply stated a harmless opinion that was blown way out of proportion. And that is what ultimately hijacked this thread.

The good natured teasing when he first joined the site went sour pretty fast and now people are ganging up on him.
If you gang up on someone and call them enough mean-spirited names, eventually it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. At this point he's just playing up to your view of him.
If people made him feel welcomed from the start, he'd be a different person.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:19 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
If people made him feel welcomed from the start, he'd be a different person.

If he hadn't come across as this arrogant, know-it-all jacka** when he first joined we'd ALL act a little different.

If he had posted entries to back up all of his supposed knowledge, we'd all act a little different.

However...regardless of that... that's STILL no excuse for telling one of our members to go hang themselves...no matter what this thread was originally about.

To me, respect here is earned through chopping skills and constructive participation in voting, threads and comments.

He has yet to show any of that.

Sassy

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-man wrote:
i know about everything in photoshop and imageready..

good thing your not boasting ..one month and 6 whole entries and 154 forum posts later.. not sure why you would even want to stay where your not welcome but whatever floats your ego... Confused

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         

whew i thought i was alone... yay bad cop.

but how did you know i was delivering the the goods as they perceived me??

whispers did you take psychology.

... no im welcomed just not by like 10 ppl who post often on the forums well i cant name ten but its a nice round number

Marx-Man

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Chicken wrote:
I think that little whiney 4 year old bitch needs a good shak'n!

i get roasted for saying my bit but he gets away with that... hmm

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Chicken wrote:
I think that little whiney 4 year old bitch needs a good shak'n!

i get roasted for saying my bit but he gets away with that... hmm

Yep...Please see comment regarding...RESPECT.

Marx-Man

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Surprised Shocked Question Exclamation Arrow Idea Very Happy

Sassy

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

... no im welcomed just not by like 10 ppl who post often on the forums well i cant name ten but its a nice round number

Well if you truly believe there are only 10 then maybe you should start a thread with a poll on it and find out Razz

Until you screwed with my thread yesterday I had reserved an opinion on you Marx..now I know your an asshole so I am sure there are others that saw it with this thread also....I have better things to do then spar with you on a thread that started off so nice...

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
i dont remember boasting
Your "Marx is here" thread, I believe is what Sassy is referring to. Oh... and the tutorial thing on terminology... I think you eventually deleted that one, though.
Marx-Man wrote:
just when i thought i brushed up all the rubble sassy tips it over...
By the timestamps, I'd guess that Sassy was still composing her message while you posted yours. That's a common occurance.
Marx-Man wrote:
i have a problem?

i just thought i fueled other peoples problem with me

Twisted Evil

like i say people taking me literally is a major mistake
1) depends on whether you care about making new friends and becoming part of this community.
2) yes, but finally acknowledging that is not the same as an apology for doing it.
3) most of us give others, especially NEWCOMERS, the benefit of the doubt--meaning you are taken AT YOUR WORD... that's all we have to go by... No one else but YOU can be responsible for how you represent yourself.

My suggestion, Marx-Man... start over... discard this username, PLEASE keep "Marx-Man's" personality on a short leash... with a tight muzzle... lay low... probably even use a new name if you want to stay with PSC... you've caused a lot of upset and many people will pre-judge you by what history (however little) they know of you. Some people are not fooled by aliases, though... so be aware of that, too. And, with the hurt feelings you've caused, I can actually hear the groans at my suggestion of you starting over... sorry, folks, but I AM being my ever-honest self.)

If you stay on PSC... take a break, then start over, whether you keep your current account or not... and... this has nothing to do with "morality" or "religion"... think about how you would probably like to be treated... yes, the "golden rule": treat others the way you WOULD HAVE them treat you... another way of looking at it is your treatment of others will generally be reflected back in how you are treated.... just a thought.

PhotoshopContest.com is not simply a "look what I can do" site, but one geared for learning... share what you know, and be open to sharing what other people know... I guarantee there is a LOT to share around here as no ONE of us has ALL the answers.

ReinMan put it best (at least) once: I'm an idiot. I learned that by saying "I KNOW THAT" is the best way to stop the learning process.

And, I know the conversation has continued while I composed and picked out my words... still, here ya' go. Confused

kallekelly

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

Marx-Man:
I have no problems with you whatsoever. I don't know you, so I'm not going to judge you. It just might be a nice idea to be careful in how you present 'controversy', especially regarding religion or politics, which are touchy subjects for most people. I've been in the same place you're in- I mentioned to some Republicans that President Bush isn't God... BIG MISTAKE. I ended up in tears over the issue, and it was just ugly. Lesson learned: Don't stir up controversy if you know that the people around you won't change their minds. Also, if somebody else stirs up controversy, stay out of it. There are enough opportunities for people to be mad at me without me creating them on purpose. You may be wise to learn from my mistakes Smile
Anyhow, I hope that makes sense. I hope we can all just start getting along soon!

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

If he hadn't come across as this arrogant, know-it-all jacka** when he first joined we'd ALL act a little different..

He came across as an arrogant know-it-all, but that's not a crime for an immature 19 year old on the net. If I remember correctly, he also offered help.

I believe the "jackass" part was him being defensive of the non-stop teasing.

digitalpharaoh wrote:

If he had posted entries to back up all of his supposed knowledge, we'd all act a little different

Would we respect him more if he ended up winning his first 5 contests?
Arrogance is arrogance. At least it's funny when it's unsubstantiated.

digitalpharaoh wrote:
However...regardless of that... that's STILL no excuse for telling one of our members to go hang themselves...no matter what this thread was originally about.]

True. That's the kind of off-the-deep-end coocoo-nuts behaviour that makes it tough to defend a person.
I mean, at least follow it up with an anecdote about rescuing pigeons...

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:30 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
My suggestion, Marx-Man... start over... discard this username, PLEASE keep "Marx-Man's" personality on a short leash... with a tight muzzle... lay low... probably even use a new name if you want to stay with PSC... you've caused a lot of upset and many people will pre-judge you by what history (however little) they know of you. Some people are not fooled by aliases, though... so be aware of that, too. And, with the hurt feelings you've caused, I can actually hear the groans at my suggestion of you starting over... sorry, folks, but I AM being my ever-honest self.)

I'd have to disagree with you, Caf, on this one. True that Marxy has been a thorn in the side of many people here (in his short tenure as as PSC member), but that is part of who he is. As we become a bigger site, we are going to have differing opinions and attitudes. We as a community have to get used to the occasional screw-ball in the family.

How many families do you know that doesn't have at least ONE of these guys?! Does that mean that we cater to his insulting and patronizing? NO! We deal with it and we move on. I think Marxy is starting to see that he has had this all wrong and I hope Marxy sees what damage he has caused and I hope that he will turn it around and start learning from this community rather than telling all of us everything that HE knows.

I think Marxy should stick around and change his perception of everyone on this site. Realize that he doesn't have all the answers and the he doesn't need to act like it to be accepted. I hope to see him turn out some incredible chops and win some contests. But it's all up to him.

And last but not least... let's all... Shut Up and CHOP SUMPTIN!

That'll be $150.00. Make your next appointment with the receptionist on the way out. Razz

Marx-Man

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

rofl i gotta admit that any rant thread i end up participating jumps by 1000 veiws damn you imfamy and your incredible advertising abilitys.

its nice to see some people see things in a different light but i agree with the chop part i waiting for the next one to come up when i have a good idea

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Angels among us - Reply to topic