Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I see.... (updated with Poll) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

"week advantage" vs "month advantage"

yes, I like the "month advantage"

36%

36%

[ 17 ]

no, I appreciate the work, but I liked "week advantage" more

50%

50%

[ 23 ]

For me it does not make any difference

13%

13%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 46

nifft

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

I think that if you appreciate this site, you must get Advantage.
Thins also that there is a lot of work behind mainteinance and coding, that MUST be repaid!
I'm here for about a month, and i see this site in a positive constantly change.
So ..... keep up with the good work JMH.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:55 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I got 50 bucks says marco has all thirty day pre-posted by Monday!!!11

your gonna owe me money Sci Laughing

ScionShade

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:52 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy
Keep working on it! YOU CAN DO IT!

marcoballistic

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing

patim

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I must say I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the pics. Having not a lot time to chop, I have to pick my entries very carefully. I decide normally by looking at the 7 days of next week if there is one I'd like to compete in and than spent alot of time on it.

Now with a month's worth of pics I can't seem to see clearly anymore (and I seem to lazy to open up all the thumbnails) Laughing .

Plus I don't like to work a month in advantage, that is way to long for my physical ability.

But that's me Wink

Maybe a poll can sort it out???

ReinMan

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess I still come from the place where I was when I joined this site:

No "advantage" - image appears, you got maybe an hour, if you're luck a few hours, to get it chopped and uploaded.

No "shopping for the best image". No taking WEEKS (now) on "perfecting" your entry. LOTS of really BAD chops (mine definately included!) to entertain the lesser masses. Excitement of needing to THINK FAST and be creative under a bit of pressure.

Now, in truth, when I see a whole month of images laid out before me I feel depressed. Everyone and their dog that has $2 to rub together can now sit back and tinker tinker tinker with their images until they are perfect. I suspect voting will become more of a challenge as SOOO MANY entries will be of "prize winning" calibre. Thus meaning that popularity etc. will guage who gets The Big Prize.

Sigh.

Have fun with it, y'all. ReinMan's getting tired of these constant IMPROVEMENTS. Wink

(at least the Advantage Meeting Room has its own BATHROOM!! Razz )

MindGraph

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

great idea but I'm with you fempie. I like the same thing. waiting to see what's coming up next and still having plenty of time to work on it. Even as an advantage member I rarely have more than a day before the contest to work on mine. My goal one day was to have the whole weeks worth done and sit back and enjoy but that is probably going to take a while unless.....I....quit my job...that's it!!
fempie wrote:
Since I think that you, JMH, appreciate feedback from us, I would like to say the following:

Now that I have looked in my advantage, I am a bit overwhelmed with all the images that are coming up.
To be honest... I liked the "looking forward" for the next featured pic to pop up on my advantage page. And I liked the "pressure" to have to chop because the contest day is almost there.

I liked the "surprise" elements of the 7-day advantage Embarassed

(just my humble opinion)

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I just got in and haven't a CLUE as to what has happened here...please...no explanations...please... Shocked

fempie

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

patim wrote:

Maybe a poll can sort it out???

I think this is a good idea, so I added a poll to this thread.
I have very much respect for all the work that JMH put in the changings, and I love really most of them, but I am not so enthousiastic with the "month advantage". It is meant as an improvement of the site, but for me it is a bit too much.

For me there are now too many differences between advantage members and non-advantage members.

In short... too much advantage and too much dis-advantage.

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't believe you people don't like the month long advantage. >_>

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Agreed again, Fempie and Reindude...both well stated. Thanks for adding the poll, Fempie.

One other thing is the feeling of anticipation on the day your post is thrown in the comp. Shall I take a peek at it before leaving for work or let the anticipation build a little longer?

Quirky, huh?

Anyway, anything more than a week away, I'll probably forget about. Confused

Derivatix

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm also with you fempie, first I really liked the month advantage, but now I find it a bit too much. Just too many pictures to chose from. All those thumbnails make me nervous. Laughing

If it stays, it's o.k., but I do prefer the week advantage.

I also do like to give a big thank to JMH, the site is just great! You do so much for it and for us, to be an advantage member for me is not only fun, but also an honor. Bow

Greets
Deri

ReinMan

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Derivatix wrote:
...to be an advantage member for me is not only fun, but also an honor". Bow

Greets
Deri

With respect, you are paying (even though it is VERY little) to feel that honor. Huh..

To y'all: I'm aware that this MonthLongWhenWillitEnd Advantage thing is truly neither good nor bad. Some are going to love it and some are, well, not.

I may as well go on the record and say that I don't even like all this PRIZE INCENTIVE stuff... it just keeps on adding to that $$$$$ / "have, have not" thing that seems to be arrising here at PSC.

I'm also just not that good of a chopper to care about a month's head start. As I said in a PM to MindGraph just now, I'm really quite good at doing a 20 minute chop. But that same chop, if I spend another couple hours on it, won't end up looking much better. Razz

Just my thoughts.
I'm suspect this thing is here to stay so we may as well rant while we can. Cool

marcoballistic

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

To cut a long rambling reply short, I would just like to say I really like the months advantage, you can pic and choose far in advance. Yes I enter most days, but sometimes I want to do a fun chop of a simple image, and none are in the 7 of the old style.

This way there are many to choose, people can do what they want, nearly every style catered for.

I can understand peoples view on why it is bad. But I guess while either way I wouldn't mind. But while it has arrived, I like it Very Happy

armogeden

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:
For a month!??
OHH....

*chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* Shocked *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* Razz *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop*

i think it's dead now, you can stop chopping Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I see.... (updated with Poll) - Reply to topic