Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Micose

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
Mine:

1. Anything is part of the universe, and universe is part of everything
2. The spiritual world is often behind our perception, but it is
3. Dont be afraid of the beast as a symbol for evil. Evil is inside you, and just you are able to force it.

cool Cool
Marx-Man

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhfZUZiwSE

Now thats cool no reason why it just is.

Micose

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhfZUZiwSE

Now thats cool no reason why it just is.

wow
scrolbar

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Two hands working can accomplish more than a thousand hands praying…

Marx-Man

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Walks past...

Depends if your going for the praying record...

...I'll be on my way now. Arrow

... Turns out I need to go this way <--

FootFungas

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
you dont need carbon dating you can see the age of the eart by a crust sample... like a tree the layers of the crust gives away its age... as more plant life grows replacing soil...

carbon dating works by radiation... an atomic clock is the most accurate clock you can have and works by decay.

but saying carbon dating is inaccurate past the n'th year

but it has infact been proven by crust sampling thaat the ice age was 40'000 years ago.. and that the jurassic was millions of years before that...

i mean go to a museum and ask them how they know they will give you all the details and leave you with alot of unanswerable questions in the face of religion....

Well the articles I looked at said they used carbon dating.
But still, by setting a date to a crust layer is assuming that a crust layer is formed every So many thousand years.
You dont know if those assumptions are true.
A Disaster (such as the flood) could build up layers quickly.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:

are u serious FF?

Yes.
In the 1600's Francesco Redi Proved that:
"that living things can not come from nonliving things."
Makes sense right?
But I see people all the time seriously believeing that living things can come from nonliving things.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

heh.. well you know that theory on pangea.. its half right...

(having looked at it i have come to the conclusion based on my knowledge..)

Of course back then the earth was still a sphere but water never existed until way later... i am not at liberty to say how i know but... ahem... look at where everything is and close all the gaps to form a sphere.

Now they will tell you that the rock formed this and that gases so on until it was a big ball of gass.. and again they would be half right...

The cause of the earth is actaully as follows.

Demi sun is created.

not powerfull enough to sustain an external temperature hot enough to stay liquid.

External crust. hardens to form a sphere with reidges and weak points.

A seam forms and pressure buiding up trapped beneith the surface of excess material builds up from the core reation. forces a seam which tears the continents as we know them apart.. eventually there is. the distinct shapes of the continents.

the planet stretches and grows proportionatly in size.

surface gasses hydrogen nitrogen oxygen and helium aswell as sulphur begin to mix. resulting in many chemical instabilities...

Produced amoungst the chemicles are. H2O
Hydrogen mixed with Oxygen both by products of the nuclear reaction in the core escaping the edges. of the seams but not the gravity.

the earths distance allows for coldd water.. water falls to the lowest point cooling the seams. resulting in steam...

Over time. the continents moved as a result of planetary increase in volume. as the core converts from one form to another and eventually the maantle is created and grows in size... as the mantle is growing biological life is growing under warm habitisat starting with micro organisms working up to bacteria and so on...

although the pangea we know never existed.. it was a sphere that stretched out along the ... what we now know is the oceanic ridge. where materials come from the mantle to stretch the earth of course...

ahem none of this is considered scientific until a year or twos time... but the evidence is there...

the earth small to large.. in a millions of years... oceans made etc... still growing and so on. and that is why some pople end up with big cracks in the road because the earth is growing and the land is moving as a consequence.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
FootFungas wrote:
I believe the earth was created in 7 literal days (morning and evening)
I don't know how old the earth is but I don't believe its billions of years old. I'd say 10,000 is pretty close.

are u serious FF?

Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing
I have fossils older than 10,000 years Fungas, are you sure you don't want to think about what your saying? Rolling Eyes First off, to put things in order for you, if you could condense the age of the earth to 1 year, man only showed up on the scene, late in the evening, @11:59 with a few seconds to midnight on the 365th day. so from cavemen until now, is only a blink in time when it comes to the age of this rock we live on. It's billions of years old Wink

I want to thank Scion for this picture Wink

FootFungas

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:15 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing
I have fossils older than 10,000 years Fungas, are you sure you don't want to think about what your saying? Rolling Eyes First off, to put things in order for you, if you could condense the age of the earth to 1 year, man only showed up on the scene, late in the evening, @11:59 with a few seconds to midnight on the 365th day. so from cavemen until now, is only a blink in time when it comes to the age of this rock we live on. It's billions of years old Wink

Not quite sure what your point is.
But I don't think man has only been here 99.999% of the time.
I think he has been here pretty much the whole time.
And I realize I am saying I don't think humans evolved from amino acids, and I don't think maggots come from flies either.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

You realize pangea has been debunked for a long time right?

creatrix

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

Um... Foot Fungus... am I missing some sarcasm or something? I'm not going to bash your religious belief, but I think I might call you out on the maggot thing.

BTW, the glass-in-nose episode wasn't really painful perse... just annoying. and gross.

Oh, and I'm a SHE. Wink

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

I 'think' FF is referring to the lack of any model at all for the development of 'metamorphosis' in the evolutionary theory.
I highly doubt there's any sarcasm involved.
_edit_ ok, admittedly it's been a long long time since I looked at Metamorphosis in theory, there may be some theory now..
I'm not gonna volunteer to look it up though.
then i would also have to look up where the Bible makes it clear it's talking about seven literal days.
Then i have to look up where the pangea model was
manipulated to look like it worked when it never did.
If everyone wanted to choose one point at a time and stick to each one in turn, then ok.

anfa

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:53 am   Reply with quote         

Hey, evolution kicks the crap out of creationism in a googlefight!

Smile

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.