Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - doubtful.. - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

aliased

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:32 am   Reply with quote         

I always (in al of my 10 entries so far Embarassed ) try to integrate the source in a way that can't be done by doing most of the work before using the source. I don't think it's wrong to do otherwise, but it probably wouldn't get my vote.

What is wrong though, is not informing voters that he used the flood plugin. He even claimed to have used my tutorial in some of his entries at the other site. Very uncool. Sad

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:07 am   Reply with quote         

its not wrong.. its just uncool, I uploaded 3 or 4 entries in pst but that was before I stuck here.. not nice playing on a double board.. it somehow shows disrespect..

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:09 am   Reply with quote         

I expect to see original work here at psc.

I don't care what you do with your work from here on other sites. None of my business actually, nor my problem, nor do I care.

Vice versa is a different thing. I just like to see a degree of effort in what is done here. If you do, you might get my vote, if you don't, then don't count on it Smile

just my opinion

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 am   Reply with quote         

all MY effort goes here , you can count on that, always did..

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:22 am   Reply with quote         

amen to that

claudiolky

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 am   Reply with quote         

Again: I do not see any problem to post the same work in two or more contest.

BUT in respect to all my friends here and members at PSC, from now, at PSC only original works, showing a little of my knowledge and efforts.

If I have annoyed someone: excuse me!!!

To be fair is a virtue Wink

Claudio

TheShaman

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

while I see the points of everyone here... I see claudios case as well, OK he used outside sources from 2006, from another website that he created a scene with, and incorporated the new bird from here into his older created scene.... ok fine, not a lot of work done from the PSC end but work was done by him regardless if it was now or a year ago. I'm not a fan of the flood filter though. You can definitely get better effects doing the tutorial. either way, it was work done by him. He didn't steal someone elses work and call it his. I'd have more of a problem with that.

and I'm guilty too of using old sources and incorporating them into new contests. why reinvent the wheel when you've already got one? Mind you its not to this extreme. Take the phone contest for example... I've used that Joker in previous contests, I think this one makes 3 times now. sometimes it just works, and I'd rather use something I've already got ready to go and save myself some time than trying to google for something similar.

what I'm really curious about is the people who do the contests here, and then submit their entry to places such as deviantART and/or other contest places... Is that wrong as well?

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:27 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
while I see the points of everyone here... I see claudios case as well, OK he used outside sources from 2006, from another website that he created a scene with, and incorporated the new bird from here into his older created scene.... ok fine, not a lot of work done from the PSC end but work was done by him regardless if it was now or a year ago. I'm not a fan of the flood filter though. You can definitely get better effects doing the tutorial. either way, it was work done by him. He didn't steal someone elses work and call it his. I'd have more of a problem with that.

and I'm guilty too of using old sources and incorporating them into new contests. why reinvent the wheel when you've already got one? Mind you its not to this extreme. Take the phone contest for example... I've used that Joker in previous contests, I think this one makes 3 times now. sometimes it just works, and I'd rather use something I've already got ready to go and save myself some time than trying to google for something similar.

what I'm really curious about is the people who do the contests here, and then submit their entry to places such as deviantART and/or other contest places... Is that wrong as well?

what's wrong with submitting work on deviant art??
there are no contests going on there.. its a gallery! what is so annoying about that?

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 am   Reply with quote         

I'm as curious as the shaman man!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

nothing wrong at all putting your work on deviant art, it is as Sliv says, just a gallery

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
I just like to see a degree of effort in what is done here. If you do, you might get my vote, if you don't, then don't count on it Smile
little clarification on this one: I don't mind if you use your old work in chops here (after all, they are sources too).

The only thing i need to see that you've done some effort to create something new here.

Basically, the reason why I wouldn't vote for Claudiolky's chop is because it's just a simple cut and paste job, not because he uses a previous work.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

I never said it was annoying, I think its just fine too. but since we were on the subject of PSC contests and whats done with them... I thought I'd bring it up.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
your fellow contestants fully expect that you have entered an original image,

How original is it when the source is integrated into an existing work of art done by someone else? Do you have to make percentage comparisons to determine whether it's a new work or done just for kicks?

If the picture Claudiolky used was done by someone else and he inserted the Heron, does that make it a little better?

I'm most suprised at the number of votes the entry has received considering the lack of source. But then again this is PSC.

TheShaman

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:

If the picture Claudiolky used was done by someone else and he inserted the Heron, does that make it a little better?

tad he did all the work on another site that does the same stuff we do contest wise.. it IS his composition. then just added the new Heron to HIS old work.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

in other words he chopped his own chop.. what's wrong with that?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - doubtful.. - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.