Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dbbowling's PSC Tutorial - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Subjects to cover in possible upcoming videos.

1. A beginner's guide to the PSC.
2. A promotional piece for the site. Let's them know what the site is all about...maybe enticing a few people to join.
3. A promo video for H2H 2007

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya wanna make it all the better?

Have it so you can skip ahead to different sections...say...Click HERE for File Sizes...Click HERE for log in questions...Click HERE for Advantage details...that way one doesn't have to sit through the whole thing...and one can go back at any time and see other parts of the video when they wanna know more.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I can do the interactive table of contents using Camtasia Studio software...i will construct a menu to go along with the "Beginner's Guide to the PSC" or specific topics. This should help people skip to the sections they want to hear. I will work on this today...and re-upload it to my site. I appreciate your feedback dp.

Thanks
-dbbowling

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

We have a new member named "Sylvester" ...and he won the recent prize comp.

sufferin' succotash!!

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry eve...i was up late last night...and my brain was half asleep. Didn't mean to call steve a pussy cat. lol

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Honestly?

1. It's toooooooo loooooonnnnngggggggggg. ADD's like me won't make it through the first 45 seconds and this thing is 11+ minutes? Shocked Instead of doing a menu to jump around inside the video consider doing separate short vids for each topic and then linking to them from a main page. This is akin to what DP mentioned. Plus this will benefit the dial-ups and slower broadbanders.

2. The sound quality. Raising Brow

3. We know you have a great personality Dbb. Can we hear it in the video too? Wink

Topics I personally think should be broken up and done on their own (for newbs that have signed up and gotten the welcome message like Stephen said):

- How do I enter my chop in a contest?
- How do I get the big source to work from instead of using the itty bitty version on the contest page?
- What different ways are there to navigate contests?
- How do I vote in a contest (and what are those "quality" options for)?
- How do I post in the forums?
- How do I participate in chat?
- What do the extra features look like in an Advantage membership?
- How do I manage my portfolio?
- How do I manage favorites?
- How do I PM members?
-etc.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree its too long. I will break it up according to topics. Short and sweet. The audio was recorded at the office. I will use the mic i have at home (has less background noise). Next time i do a recording i wont do it so late when im half asleep...i sounded dead. I will up the personality and sound alive on the future vids.

Keep those ideas coming!

-db

Crowned

Post Wed May 02, 2007 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Not bad not bad! Was that an alias I saw there when you were logging in? decafsomething or other? Laughing

The only issue I saw, and its more of an annoyance to me, is when people 'quickly scan' through the thumbnails to vote. Rolling Eyes Please please please don't encourage that! Seriously, if you're going to take the time to vote, you should at least give everyone a look at full view! Thats only fair, and the thumbnail doesn't do many of them any justice..

Other than that I thought it was good for someone who knows nothing about our site and doesn't want to take the time to read... overall nice job!

TheShaman

Post Thu May 03, 2007 7:17 am   Reply with quote         

Crowned wrote:

Well said Rolling Eyes
what are you trying to say NESTOR?
was that really necessary?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dbbowling's PSC Tutorial - Reply to topic