Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Attn: PROC - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing

Marx-Man

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

wow its amazing how much trouble ya can cause when ya work behind the scenes Razz

marcoballistic

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

where is that thing Marx, stick it up

Serps

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
it was a piece on copyright rendered art, it was a similar sphere landscape but orangey if anyone can locate, might say something helpful... or not Laughing

I think that was one of mine back in 2004 (Sphere on the beach) when I was first starting I used alot of outside sources as the main focus of the picture, I caused quite a bit of a stir with that one. The pic has been pulled now.

Some quotes from annoyed people from the forum where I got the pic.

I'd be pretty pissed off!
I actually am mad.
you should bring a lawsuit ASAP.
the posting is by SERP and you should contact photoshopcontest.com and tell them that those are copyright images and your bringing a lawsuit to the table.

it's the same guy stealing every image!!!
class action lawsuit?
this is no joke.
he can be sued and you SHOULD sue him!
FREAKIN' A HOLE

marcoballistic

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:35 am   Reply with quote         

ahhhh a nice bunch then Laughing Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

I am sure a lawsuit is the last thing Proc has on his christmas list Laughing Laughing Laughing

armogeden

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
links not working armo Confused

website's down i guess Confused

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri May 11, 2007 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
links not working armo Confused

It's supposed to be http://www.sxc.hu/home but they appear to be down at the moment.

My $.02 is this:

1. Slashdot recently removed a forum post where the poster copy/pasted text from Scientology copyrighted material. The DCMA basically says that if the owner of the copyrighted material asks you to pull it; then you must do so in a reasonable time frame otherwise they can sue. I tried to find the article but I can't at the moment

2. The county where I work recently got nailed by a woman who, in my opinion, uses a copyright as a source of income (not the work itself but the lawsuit and/or threat of one). Our county-owned nursing home puts their monthly newsletter online on their website in .pdf format. One of the editions had a poem called "The Dash". The person doing the newsletter didn't research to find out who wrote the poem and simply put it as anonymous. The original author apparently spend her time scouring the Net for these types of things. She promptly contacted me with a demand for it's removal and a settlement fee of $5,000 for "licensing" the piece or she would sue for $300,000. The county settled. Mad

Tesore

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

'The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources! (Albert Einstein)'

Albert died in 1955; how did he know?
He was really a smart ass!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

dirtywino

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

and with all that said, it's happy hour somewhere...later... Wink

DKCdesigns

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
only people to win in Dec 2005 beginning with 'C' was Claf and Claudio

No, I meant that Caldera posted an entry for a contest (you know the one with them kiddie scissors), which was of similar "nature" to dfwsusan's which was objected to by members (after they discovered of course), which in turn caused the entry to be removed, and then caused Caldera to change name to DKCdesigns or whatever it is now. Rolling Eyes

I wish I knew what the phuck you were talking about. Not only is nothing about that true, but I don't even know what you are referring to (what contest ... what scandal). I remember Claudio using a headless girl image once ... is that the one you mean? I changed handles because I was starting a new business right when my advantage subscription ran out. A little free publicity in a community of like-minded individuals seemed a good thing to do. I'll admit to being curious as to what the voting patterns would be like for an unknown user though.

Very childish to come in carpet bombing with guessing and supposition, particulalry when it is obvious you don't know what in the hell you are talking about. So, what happens now? A member that read your post but doesn't read this one will think your lies are true. Thanks a lot Sad

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:26 am   Reply with quote         

Oh I don't what I'm on about either... Laughing Shocked

Just ignore what I'm on about.

armogeden

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

DKCdesigns wrote:
Lord David wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
only people to win in Dec 2005 beginning with 'C' was Claf and Claudio

No, I meant that Caldera posted an entry for a contest (you know the one with them kiddie scissors), which was of similar "nature" to dfwsusan's which was objected to by members (after they discovered of course), which in turn caused the entry to be removed, and then caused Caldera to change name to DKCdesigns or whatever it is now. Rolling Eyes

I wish I knew what the phuck you were talking about. Not only is nothing about that true, but I don't even know what you are referring to (what contest ... what scandal). I remember Claudio using a headless girl image once ... is that the one you mean? I changed handles because I was starting a new business right when my advantage subscription ran out. A little free publicity in a community of like-minded individuals seemed a good thing to do. I'll admit to being curious as to what the voting patterns would be like for an unknown user though.

Very childish to come in carpet bombing with guessing and supposition, particulalry when it is obvious you don't know what in the hell you are talking about. So, what happens now? A member that read your post but doesn't read this one will think your lies are true. Thanks a lot Sad

Chill I'm sure he just got the wrong person Cool

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

Well, I didn't mean to upset the community of PSC. I have learned my lesson..and not just about using the outside source like I did. My eyes are open now..

Happy Chopping

Post Fri May 11, 2007 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

To use a copyrighted image you should only use a small portion of it or significantly change it so that it doesn't bear any resemblance to the former. Parody would allow a little more leeway but you still have to be extremely careful. It's a very tricky slope. Just saying you don't make any money off of it isn't good enough when it's on a site that takes in paid advertising.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Attn: PROC - Reply to topic