Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How would i make something like this is ps? - Reply to topic

heamburger

Post Fri May 18, 2007 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

This cool wallpaper ive got:

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=1215

i automatically thought brushes but doubt you could get such a smooth travelling effect.[/url]

Micose

Post Fri May 18, 2007 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

heamburger wrote:

[img]http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=1215[/img]

i automatically thought brushes but doubt you could get such a smooth travelling effect.

a cheap 3D software were used ...some fractal software (i forgot the name tho)....there are free trials if u enjoy this kinda stuff (i definitly don't).
But With ps u can do stuffs "similar" to this, just play with polarcoordinates and transparent layers and gradients u could come with something close with a bit of work i think...

erratum its not 3D stuff...
heamburger

Post Fri May 18, 2007 7:04 pm   Reply with quote         

the guy said it was all paint sho pro and to my knowledge ps can do everything paint shop can...

armogeden

Post Fri May 18, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

heamburger wrote:

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=1215

i automatically thought brushes but doubt you could get such a smooth travelling effect.[/url]

It's just smoke and mirrors, if you look closely enough you can actually see the support wires...

bah this isn't magic at all, I want my money back

armogeden

Post Fri May 18, 2007 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Aside from that, I think i know what he's done. And i'm very bored right now so I'm oging to try and copy it and ill let you know whether i was right

edit: ok here's what I got, obviously the guy had more time to play around with burning/dodging/colours but here's a rough attempt

ok really really quickly how i made it in PS:

Get a huge random image, I had a picture of a hotel (it's that random)

Motion blur the image with a similar slant to the wallpaper and at 999 pixels

Use adjustment layers etc. to colour it blue and increase the contrast to make it interesting

Use the warp tool to make it sort of 'splay' outwards from the center, like it does in the wallpaper

Make a new layer and render some standard clouds on to it, then make the layer blending mode to soft light (play around with the opacity, and make a layer mask etc. to make it look pretty)

Play around with the shadows and highlights using the appropriate tools. To alter the colour, I made a new adjustment layer (hue) and adjusted the settings untill the image was green. Then I played around with the layer mask until the very edges were green

New layer, fill it black. add some gausian monochromatic noise through filters, and posterise the image (image>posterise) so there are very few white dots. Set the blending mode to screen.

Duplicate the layer you just made and motion blur it in the same direction as before (only 10px or something)

Your done

I know this is how to make it in PS but hopefully you can adapt it for PSP Smile

Granulated

Post Fri May 18, 2007 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
heamburger wrote:

[img]http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=1215[/img]

i automatically thought brushes but doubt you could get such a smooth travelling effect.

a cheap 3D software were used ...some fractal software (i forgot the name tho)....there are free trials if u enjoy this kinda stuff (i definitly don't).
But With ps u can do stuffs "similar" to this, just play with polarcoordinates and transparent layers and gradients u could come with something close with a bit of work i think...

erratum its not 3D stuff...

Ultra Fractal ?

Post Sat May 19, 2007 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

There's an infinite amount of ways you could go about accomplishing this effect in Photoshop. Armogeden did a great job on his, and he used his own little way to do it by using a source image. Smile You could do that, or paint it. using a pre-existing image is probably a lot easier.

Post Sat May 19, 2007 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
ok really really quickly how i made it in PS:

Get a huge random image, I had a picture of a hotel (it's that random)

Motion blur the image with a similar slant to the wallpaper and at 999 pixels

Use adjustment layers etc. to colour it blue and increase the contrast to make it interesting

Use the warp tool to make it sort of 'splay' outwards from the center, like it does in the wallpaper

Make a new layer and render some standard clouds on to it, then make the layer blending mode to soft light (play around with the opacity, and make a layer mask etc. to make it look pretty)

Play around with the shadows and highlights using the appropriate tools. To alter the colour, I made a new adjustment layer (hue) and adjusted the settings untill the image was green. Then I played around with the layer mask until the very edges were green

New layer, fill it black. add some gausian monochromatic noise through filters, and posterise the image (image>posterise) so there are very few white dots. Set the blending mode to screen.

Duplicate the layer you just made and motion blur it in the same direction as before (only 10px or something)

Your done

I know this is how to make it in PS but hopefully you can adapt it for PSP Smile

Nicely done Armo! Pretty easy to follow along with your steps.

Kudos dude!Very Happy

armogeden

Post Sat May 19, 2007 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

cheers mason cheers tofu Very Happy

with all this creativity behind me I think YOU were the one that dodged a bullet tofu mate Laughing Wink

heamburger

Post Sat May 19, 2007 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

cheers that worked well ill try it thanks. yea i didnt wanna use psp jus figured if he could do it in ther wec ould do better Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat May 19, 2007 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
cheers mason cheers tofu Very Happy

with all this creativity behind me I think YOU were the one that dodged a bullet tofu mate Laughing Wink

Tell me something I don't know. Wink

Edit: Made my own. Started with the Giza Pyramid Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How would i make something like this is ps? - Reply to topic