Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - H2H No Show Excuses - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheShaman

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

MoLinKo wrote:
It seems like a lot of accidental no posts could have been avoided if people were allowed to update their entries.

Well I think 48 hours to upload (other than arc's power being cut case) is plenty of time for uploading, even with dialup Laughing
MoLinKo wrote:

So why is it a rule that people can not upload and replace versions of their entry before the contests opens?

Because you're "supposed to make sure you're finished with your entry" with a contest this important, BEFORE you submit it Wink

besides, you wouldn't want to vote for something just to have the author completely change it once the contest starts would you?

back on topic please, this is supposed to be poking fun at the H2H no shows.....

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh shit! Today's Wednesday! Shocked

MoLinKo

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
MoLinKo wrote:

So why is it a rule that people can not upload and replace versions of their entry before the contests opens?

Because you're "supposed to make sure you're finished with your entry" with a contest this important, BEFORE you submit it Wink

besides, you wouldn't want to vote for something just to have the author completely change it once the contest starts would you?

back on topic please, this is supposed to be poking fun at the H2H no shows.....

Not to detour this thread. All I'm saying is that if people could update/replace their entries prior to the contest opening for voting Then if people woke up late, forgot about the time change, ect... they atleast could have a previously submitted version up for voting.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I couldn't pull away from a world record setting game of Jenga.
TheShaman

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

no I hear what you're sayin' Mo really I do... but I still stand by what I said before...

You've got freakin 48 hours for Petesakes! You know it starts every Monday morning and you have till 7:59am PSC time Wednesday (which really is 55.9 hours if you think about it) to get it done and uploaded. Isn't that good enough?

Seriously, if you don't have the time, you should either bow out gracefully like most have, or face the punishment like a grown-up, there should be no excuses! Barring, computer/power failure or death of a relative. Being busy isn't an excuse IMPO. If you're busy, let people who aren't busy compete then. Hell I was extremely busy when this compo started in round #1, I still managed to chop. Noone in my opinion should get a free pass to the next round, simply because they forgot or something came up. Its a shame, but really there were A LOT of people that didn't make the first cut cause we had too many people already.

So what? You want to scribble some stuff early Monday morning just to have an entry posted? You'd be better off creating an alias to enter so your main account didn't feel the wrath of a tournament ban Laughing

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
I couldn't pull away from a world record setting game of Jenga.

ohhh Jenga! love that game... my daughter (5yrs old) is great at it Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I died.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
no I hear what you're sayin' Mo really I do... but I still stand by what I said before...

You've got freakin 48 hours for Petesakes! You know it starts every Monday morning and you have till 7:59am PSC time Wednesday (which really is 55.9 hours if you think about it) to get it done and uploaded. Isn't that good enough?

Seriously, if you don't have the time, you should either bow out gracefully like most have, or face the punishment like a grown-up, there should be no excuses! Barring, computer/power failure or death of a relative. Being busy isn't an excuse IMPO. If you're busy, let people who aren't busy compete then. Hell I was extremely busy when this compo started in round #1, I still managed to chop. Noone in my opinion should get a free pass to the next round, simply because they forgot or something came up. Its a shame, but really there were A LOT of people that didn't make the first cut cause we had too many people already.

So what? You want to scribble some stuff early Monday morning just to have an entry posted? You'd be better off creating an alias to enter so your main account didn't feel the wrath of a tournament ban Laughing

Amen!

cherylm329

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I died.

And went to PSC I see : Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I died.

so simple, so precise, so funny, winner Very Happy

MoLinKo

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Last comment on this, I promise.

For my last entry, I wanted to make some last minute changes on wednesday morning, but i have a newborn who sometimes decides to keep us up all night, so I decided to upload it tuesday night, not quite finished. Now since my child slept through the night that time, I could have made those modifications, except we aren't allowed to update our entries. I played it safe but missed out on improving my entry while others didn't play it safe and missed the deadline.

There may not be any "good" reasons for missing the deadlines, But I don't think their are any "good" reasons why we can't update our entries upto the point where the contest opens, either.

Eepi

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Advantage members might have aboot 672 hours to edit their entries in prize contests. NO EDITING IN ANY CONTEST GODDAMMIT!

Mir

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I worked hard for two days straight, had the chop of my life all done and ready to post, this was it, the best chop ever, then I remembered, I had lost in the first round!1 Embarassed Shocked Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Eepi held me hostage until changes were made to contest editing policies.
TheShaman

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL well we all know how Eepi feels Laughing

and Mo... I voted for your dragon, I don't know how much more you could have done to it... even vokaris thought you were going to win with what was entered.
Wink

BTW I've got 2 kids.. a 5yr old and a 2yr old. They still get up in the middle of the night too(ALL THE FREAKIN TIME) "I need a drink of water, I gotta go potty, Can't sleep the clowns will eat me" so prepare for that Laughing sleep is for the weak! sometimes I'm lucky to sleep 8 hours in 4 days. Rolling Eyes

next time, just know, its been the rule as long as you and I've been here, prob way before we got here too...
NO updates, NO edits, post before the deadline or face the wrath of Khan!

Wink Cheers!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - H2H No Show Excuses - Reply to topic