Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Need help... Buying an MP3! - Reply to topic

Oscar

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:39 am   Reply with quote         

One quick question !

I was looking to buy a new mp3 player or mp4 Confused I don't know the difference! and I know that an ipod is nice and all but its too much for what i really need, my budget is $200 Confused

I was searching on google and found this site, they look kind of sweet but seem sort of " fake " bad quality... So my question is this! Do this players work or they just cheap devices that would last no time?

http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=m6w

Thanks

~Oscar

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

Hahahahaha

Yeah buy a Computer...

Mp3 players are notoriously destructable...

- Oh i put it in the wash by accident.
- Dropped it on the floor.
- Head phone only works at a certain angle...
- the sound plays but its distorted.
- i fryed it...

Etc

Ipods may last longer but they are still suseptable to the above.

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

Shop around.

iPods are nifty, but for the money...you can get something just as good if not better for a few dollars less!

Smile

cafn8d

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

Take into consideration what software you want to use for adding music, and whether that software will allow you to rip CDs from your collection. I've heard that many, if not all, Mp3 / Mp4 players are software-specific. Check for compatibility.

For the player itself, how much storage do you think you need? IPod Shuffles are down to $79, and I'm sure equivalent models in other brands are even cheaper. Shuffles (and some other brands' models) use flash memory instead of hard drives, though. Most Mp3-storing cell phones use flash memory. A friend of mine, who has both a Shuffle and a regular iPod (received as a gift) said the sound quality on the regular iPod (with a hard drive) was superior. Your mileage may vary.

If at all possible, listen to a demo of whatever model you're considering. Are the controls easy to figure out and use? How bulky is it or how sturdy does it feel? Also look up reviews. I used to use epinions.com; don't know if they're still around. CNet, enGadget, even some merchants like Amazon.com have reviews.

But most importantly, when you finally choose your player and start using it, PLEASE DON'T SING ALONG--at least when you're out in public! Evil or Very Mad Wink

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

This is the old guy talking here, so you may want to tune me out right away. But I'll give you this bit of advice for free... (I was given it when I was younger but I too ignored it until much later in my life).

Get the best you can get for your money. Don't try to SAVE money on this kind of thing. iPod or ZEN are good machines. I prefer the iPod as the iTunes software is ROCKIN.

Make sure you have good headphones (the ones that come with iPods are pretty damn good) as a 'budget' pair will make your $200 player sound like shite.

You only live once so get the best you can. Stay away from WalMart (unless they have a sale on iPods - which they WON'T) and bargain basements.

I know I know - money is tight. But that is why getting good VALUE, not neccessarily the LOWEST PRICE, is very important these days.

I'll shut up now.

Thanks for listening.

(Oh - and don't play any Country music on your new player as it will make your teeth fall out) Wink

Granulated

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

i've got one of these and love it (although i use my SUPERB Koss Sparkplug earphones with it...
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-Vision-Video-Player/dp/B000CS7U1C/ref=tag_tdp_dp/105-1844602-8931654

Curiously...its 200 bucks !

armogeden

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
One quick question !

I was looking to buy a new mp3 player or mp4 Confused I don't know the difference! and I know that an ipod is nice and all but its too much for what i really need, my budget is $200 Confused

I was searching on google and found this site, they look kind of sweet but seem sort of " fake " bad quality... So my question is this! Do this players work or they just cheap devices that would last no time?

http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=m6w

Thanks

~Oscar

dont buy an ipod. you pay for designer labels and boy is that true for ipods. get a lesser known label. generally speaking the video playback on mp4 players are very good quality

splodge

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

mp3's are for puffs,

Hallcross Toots
the burning couch

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
i've got one of these and love it (although i use my SUPERB Koss Sparkplug earphones with it...
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-Vision-Video-Player/dp/B000CS7U1C/ref=tag_tdp_dp/105-1844602-8931654

Yeah, that or go with an IRiver.

I've had the older model of this and it's worked flawlessly...for years now. IRiver Clix is real nice too.

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I've heard they are soon coming out with these new easy-to-carry suppository-style Mp3 players.

The reviews say that after a few uses, though, they tend to stink. Huh..

ssshisto

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Hahahahaha

Yeah buy a Computer...

Mp3 players are notoriously destructable...

- Oh i put it in the wash by accident.
- Dropped it on the floor.
- Head phone only works at a certain angle...
- the sound plays but its distorted.
- i fryed it...

Etc

Ipods may last longer but they are still suseptable to the above.

I have to disagree... Creative Mp3 players are very tough. My friend accidently put it through the wash, and it still works fine...

ssshisto

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

This would be perfect...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Need help... Buying an MP3! - Reply to topic