Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art Thievery - Hall of Shame II a.k.a Not What It Seems II - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

dewdew

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

well dew it looks like you killed another one.......what......what......another forum topic....what........that was it............ssshhhheeeezzzzzzz,

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Narcolepsy is a lifelong illness. There is no known cure and no report of lasting remission has been confirmed. Typically, symptoms (usually EDS) first become noticeable between the ages of 10 and 30. Symptoms are subtle at first, but become increasingly severe over the years. Narcolepsy may be treated with daily administration of a stimulant (e.g. dextroamphetamine sulfate).

DoubleDew, this explains a lot...

Put some of your energy into learning PS. We'll help you if need it.

jason69

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

"Every Artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief....all steal their inspiration, and sing about their grief." -U2, Achtung Baby

cherylm329

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

jason69 wrote:
"Every Artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief....all steal their inspiration, and sing about their grief." -U2, Achtung Baby

Word!! Very Happy

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea,

I thought you'd be interested to know that today I requested permission to use an image--and it was granted without difficulty. I found an image of a man and woman that perfectly matched an idea I had for an upcoming contest. I went ahead and created the image, then dumped a smaller version in PhotoBucket. I contacted the owner of the source image. With a brief explanation and a link to the newly created image (offered to her regardless of her decision), I made my request. Took me twenty minutes or so to put the whole thing together. I'll use it as a model contact for my next request.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. It applies not only to what we do here, but elsewhere. Technology has made pirates of us all to one degree or another. I have myself viewed pirated videos and tried software without authorization. I am uncomfortable with that. I end up buying either the software or videos if I like them. I am using Paint Shop Pro rather than PS because I can't afford the Adobe product right now. I have had acquaintances offer pirated copies. One actually provided a pirated copy to a local high school art teacher. No secret was made of the transaction. Morality and ethics are definitely lagging behind the technological advances.

Fwiw.

--twk

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
if you search around the forum sections Manic there are a few threads with many many image sites listed like this, Tofu, where are you, where is that really in depth one you did, link it up here Very Happy

Sorry Marco. I wasn't really following this thread (too much to read for my ADD'd brain Laughing). I don't know what made me flip back here but:

The "Link Central" thread.

I'll bump it too. Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

STOP the ROT and CHOP da CHOP
Man you guys need to get a life, it's fun enjoy.
Pfffft Im going surfin...in the ocean that is.

WhimSea

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
WhimSea,

I thought you'd be interested to know that today I requested permission to use an image--and it was granted without difficulty. I found an image of a man and woman that perfectly matched an idea I had for an upcoming contest. I went ahead and created the image, then dumped a smaller version in PhotoBucket. I contacted the owner of the source image. With a brief explanation and a link to the newly created image (offered to her regardless of her decision), I made my request. Took me twenty minutes or so to put the whole thing together. I'll use it as a model contact for my next request.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. It applies not only to what we do here, but elsewhere. Technology has made pirates of us all to one degree or another. I have myself viewed pirated videos and tried software without authorization. I am uncomfortable with that. I end up buying either the software or videos if I like them. I am using Paint Shop Pro rather than PS because I can't afford the Adobe product right now. I have had acquaintances offer pirated copies. One actually provided a pirated copy to a local high school art teacher. No secret was made of the transaction. Morality and ethics are definitely lagging behind the technological advances.

Fwiw.

--twk

that is great! it's what we all need to do and we need to remind each other or ask about externals of each other.

on that note,

I wrote a site and asked for permission FOR ALL OF US ON PSC to use their photos for our chops..... THEY SAID "YES!". It's http://freelargephotos.com The only stipulation to usage is you must give credit for the site on the entry right under the image. (© Copyright 2007 [name of photographer], FreeLargePhotos.com)

another site I found is http://www.freerangestock.com
free registration, read the rules, they summarized free to do whatever. They'd like it you give them credit, but it's not a stipulation of use.

so go get some free to use art, folks!

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
I wrote a site and asked for permission FOR ALL OF US ON PSC to use their photos for our chops..... THEY SAID "YES!". It's http://freelargephotos.com The only stipulation to usage is you must give credit for the site on the entry right under the image. (© Copyright 2007 [name of photographer], FreeLargePhotos.com)

another site I found is http://www.freerangestock.com
free registration, read the rules, they summarized free to do whatever. They'd like it you give them credit, but it's not a stipulation of use.

so go get some free to use art, folks!

Thanks for pointing these links out! I added to them to the Link Central thread. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art Thievery - Hall of Shame II a.k.a Not What It Seems II - Reply to topic