Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SEP 11 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Oscar

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

I would really like to comment on the events that happen on
SEP 11 2001 but I'm afraid of retaliation from some unhappy PSC users... so here it is... Me commenting on SEP 11 2001.

Forget the Politicians and all their bullshi*, today we remember the ones who died and the ones who died trying to save them... THE 9-11-01 HEROES.

Micose

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

yes...we still think about that u know in Europe, i will watch the documentary tonight btw, like each year since 2002. I can talk about what i know only...and what i know is the artists attitude after the 11sept... myself was doing my usual stuff, then the horror happened and i was totally unable to make anything painted or musical (i sing n compose)...nothing...and for a while...then i heard that ALL painters, writers etc...had the same unability to do create ...why creating ? what is the purpose of all this, painting, writing,...writing what? what is important... unable to find any interest in art, to dare to paint, to express...unable...
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:05 am   Reply with quote         

quite right Osc, we must never forget.

I saw the events quite by accident on the largest out door screen (very big) in manchester on that day. As then it is the same now, I can't believe what I saw, and can't imagine what it was like to be in New York that day, or indeed to be an American.

Love to you all this day guys and gals Smile

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

I was so dissapointed when I was watching this 'live', to see such horrible things happen back home.. Loving memories to all!

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..
TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
yes...we still think about that u know in Europe, i will watch the documentary tonight btw, like each year since 2002. I can talk about what i know only...and what i know is the artists attitude after the 11sept... myself was doing my usual stuff, then the horror happened and i was totally unable to make anything painted or musical (i sing n compose)...nothing...and for a while...then i heard that ALL painters, writers etc...had the same unability to do create ...why creating ? what is the purpose of all this, painting, writing,...writing what? what is important... unable to find any interest in art, to dare to paint, to express...unable...

It wasn't just artists. Everyone I knew was in a sort of haze for weeks and even months after. Queen La Tiff told me her story once. She really had it hard as she could see it happen from her apartment window. Confused

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

hear hear

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

let's not forget all those who died and are still dieing in the so called 'war on terror', spawned by this event. Confused

TheShaman

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

This day is a day of mixed emotions for me...

It was this day indeed, that I turned my life back to Christ.

Seeing all that horror unfold right before my eyes, I was very depressed and unhappy with my life. And wondered if there was something I was missing. I prayed for the first time in many many years that day. And believe it or not, I was filled with a warmth and a peace that I had never felt before. Since that day, I've been a different person. Still have a long journey ahead of myself, but I feel I'm now traveling down a purposeful path. Including my being in a praise band, and helping lead worship at church.

Heres one of my favorite songs Praise you in this storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2rLXr3cEU
I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth.
Basically it speaks about praising the Lord in good times and in bad. Even if you don't like Christian Music, the song is a perfect compliment to todays sentiment that has been shown here today.

May God bless all those who were touched that day, be it by their death, or by what had happened to those many many innocents. May God especially bless all of those who lent a helping hand in the aftermath, their sacrifices may never be truly appreciated. May God also bless those who do not yet understand His love.

Amen

lpoetschke

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

I, too, would like to say that I pray for the families of those who died in that tragic event, and for everyone whose lives were forever changed on Sept. 11, 2001.

I know someone who was there that day...his life has been forever changed. He was in the second tower when it was hit. Fortunately, he made it out safely, but he will never be the same person he was before the tragedy. He suffers from nightmares, panic attacks, and many other problems because of it. The saddest part is...he was there to better his life, and look where it got him.

Anyway...my heart goes out to all who were affected by 9/11/01 salut

cherylm329

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

I know I will ever forget that day or the events of that day in my life. To this day, I still get chills and my eyes swell thinking (or hearing of anything from that day) of all those innocent people that were killed without a moments warning and in such a violent way. Karma is a b**** and I hope she exposes her ugly face to the persons responsible for that day! My heart goes out to all that were affected by this tragedy.

On another note, ever since that day I realized that our government is our worse enemy. I also realized why I feared bringing a child into this world. Everyday that my daughter gets older I fear for her future or lack thereof. T.V., the radio, and the net makes me think everyday, "what is this world coming to." I don't know what's worse anymore, the fear of dying or the fear of living in this world today and in it's future. Gahhh, I think too much sometimes. Smile

Martrex

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

I'm sorry that so many lost their lives. And worse for those who lost love ones and are alive to remember it each and every day.

But each day there are those out there who someone can help. Exercise a Random Act of Kindness, and pass it on!

I'm sorry that so many lost their lives in a catastrophe planned by George W Bush. Who had planned on using the American blind rage to sign into law the right for the government to spy on every american. Then followed it by starting a war with a country totally unrelated to the party who claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Yet the Bush family is still long time friends with the family of this terrorist.

So to the US Government 911 was simply a justified loss to get more control of the American people and further encroach on their freedoms.

Just my thoughts and beliefs. Crying or Very sad

annajon

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

Until today, that day was the worst example of what human can do.

That was very sad to see all those victims. And now, everyday, it is also sad to see all the other victims being killed for no reason.
Or for stupid reasons.

The bad thing is that kind of horrible day will happen again and again.
The terror is from both sides. They are similar. They believe they know the truth. They believe they know what is right or wrong.
In fact they are all ignorants. In fact we are all ignorants to believe in who believe in those things.
We don't understand. And because we don't understand, that kind of horrible day will happen again and again.

I hope one day the world will open their minds. We can dream. This is also part of human nature...

Mir

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

I pray for all the people who lost their lives that day and for all the ones who were left behind to face the horror of it all. God rest the souls of the dearly departed and may God be with the survivors. We live half way across the world and the horror of it all still haunts us.

ReyRey

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

I'm still fucked up from that day.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SEP 11 - Reply to topic