Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Fuzzy Little Guy - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

lancoma

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

Just wanted to thank everybody for votes on that contest and to give me a chance to feel how it is to be on a third place Very Happy . I think my heart stoped for a 5 seconds, feeling like I won a lottery Laughing

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

Congratulation Lancoma

G.Senthil

Heinlein

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

Your image deserved it Very Happy

It showed that a lot of time and skill went into it, and it was very entertaining.

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to more of your entries.

Jim Smile

lancoma

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Just wondering: how come that Sliver haven't won? He had a highest rating. Hmmm

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Am I mistaken? From what I remember the first time i read the rules when I was very new here was in case of a tie, the ratings should serve as a tie breaker. But I read the rules again awhile ago it says If multiple images end up with the same amount of votes, the tie-breaker is which image was created and uploaded first. Did they change the rule? Please correct me, I can't rely on my memory anymore, Lol!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

abraham wrote:
Am I mistaken? From what I remember the first time i read the rules when I was very new here was in case of a tie, the ratings should serve as a tie breaker. But I read the rules again awhile ago it says If multiple images end up with the same amount of votes, the tie-breaker is which image was created and uploaded first. Did they change the rule? Please correct me, I can't rely on my memory anymore, Lol!

ratings have nothing to do with it. It's whoever posted first that breaks the tie.

btw...I checked late last night. Nobody in the anon comp had a rating until names were exposed with their images this morning. Interestin' how that rat bastard is operating.

oh, and congrats on 3rd place Lancana. It is indeed a great feeling.

Oscar

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

First time I ever won a 3rd place I felt the same, heart stop, sweat flowing out of me pores, tears came down from me eyes.

It's a wonderful feeling, congrats.

Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats......and wow, 4 entries all on 32 votes. So very, very close.

Eve wrote:

ratings have nothing to do with it. It's whoever posted first that breaks the tie.

....and NOR should they. There was talk initially about ratings being used to break ties, but they have proven (at least to me) that they are entirely unreliable for this purpose. I have seen some fantastic entries rated as 3's and some very ordinary stuff rated as 10's. So I'm more than happy with first in, best dressed.

Cheers,
Brad.

splodge

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

the first time won i went to the pub, bored my friends half to death came home and made sure it was real, there was no 2nd 3rd back then unles you counted votes ;P
went back out
can you imagine a big bunch of hairy bikers, fresh back from a bike rally, i told them i won a contest with a pussy on a pizza box, they were over the moon for me, ha! all old friends, i got away with it

Hallcross Toots

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
abraham wrote:

btw...I checked late last night. Nobody in the anon comp had a rating until names were exposed with their images this morning. Interestin' how that rat bastard is operating.

oh, and congrats on 3rd place Lancana. It is indeed a great feeling.

That's if they didn't update it during the contest, right?

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Back in the day, when the site did not have advantage at all, the image was posted at 8:00 AM EST and everyone raced to get their images posted. It was a challenge of skill and speed...Hellekro rocked, as she was such a fast, skilled chopper and very creative and funny in her posts. There were many others who were also impressive with their creativity and speed in getting their posts up.

Anyway, that is why the rule exists that whomever posts "first" wins a tie. It was never changed, nor do I think it should be.

*edit*
Oh, and I almost forgot!!!

WTG Lancoma!!

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Well done. Good chop, congratz.

Martrex

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats but it isn't over till the skinny butted girl in the uncomfortable chair sings "I Won!!!" Laughing Laughing

dabdi56

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

your artwork #1 winner very good Lancoma

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am   Reply with quote         

congrats lan!!! just stay on the same road your on now and it will pay off for you.
-matt-

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Fuzzy Little Guy - Reply to topic