Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - No PSC for me :( - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

Claf I wasn't so much taking you personally to the coal hill over comments as I was just in all the threads there is a level of sarcasm and negative spirit of care/concern. If you pick up a couple of the active threads on the board at any given time you will see someone accusing or bashing someone.
I certainly don't need or even want to add to that sort of spirit and even saying this here maybe just as bad.
I just would like to see some considerations given to others in a respectful light not accusing anyone here. I guess I'm not against good natured fun with light jib jabbing just the meaness of some of these threads. There is a happy balance. Very Happy

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

My advice, listen to dave ramsey. Get a POS car, forget the internet and cable. Give the credit card companies what you can, but keep enough for food. Don't go out to eat unless you have to. Rice and beans may not be fun or tasty, but living on that for a year is better than living on gourmet food for a couple months, and then nothing for the rest of the year. Also, keep some of the money for emergencies. I'm sure you heard most of this before, and you probably don't want to hear advice from an eighteen year old, but there is no reason to drive hummers and bmws when you cant buy food. That is absurd.

Best of wishes to you oscar. I hope you get this mess sorted out.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Most people do carry this sort of debt around and just pay it in installments but still live. Oscar is one of the rare kind that wants all his debt wiped out. But having a mortgage for 30 years, 2 car payments, and even medical bills for years is just about the reality for a lot of people. I don't think he's nuts but living meagerly is tough too and also hey try constantly transferring out credit cards to the lowest interest rates.

splodge

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

can you swap your credit card ballance to an intrest free one, we do that all the time over here, the intrest on $7,000 must be the biggest part of your payment,
edit,,,,,,,,,,,,
it seems to be very british thing, you transfer your balance to another credit card and get a year or more intrest free.
http://www.balancetransfers247.co.uk/

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
can you swap your credit card ballance to an intrest free one, we do that all the time over here, the intrest on $7,000 must be the biggest part of your payment,
edit,,,,,,,,,,,,
it seems to be very british thing, you transfer your balance to another credit card and get a year or more intrest free.
http://www.balancetransfers247.co.uk/

Havent paid over 3% since the mid 80's. Usually it's 0%...and
my Hundai , which is one of the cheapest to buy cars, that also looks like an expensive car, and they come with the greatest car waarranties ever
so maintaining them is practically free for 5 to 10 years on a 0% credit card
which saved us several grand interest on a car that only cost several grand to begin with.

ScionShade

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Micose wrote:
Granulated wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
Hey Osca'
Can't imagine it'll be long before yer back..so I'll see ya then.
The whole silhouette style that you started
was a very nice addition to this place for a few months there.
Yeah I know a few people copied you to death but that's still yours.
Thanks for bringing something kinda new and well done to the PSC table.

wtf ?

dont forget to say a word too for me when i leave Wink Cool

he got it...

Still not getting it.

Oscar

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

No luxury for me... hummer was a comp car and my new bmw is actually a 1992 325i i got from a friend for 2k

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=199978140&albumId=1030111

I'm doing ok ... For some reason I still got internets... I'll probably get it disconnected during tomorrow morning.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Laughing

No luxury for me... hummer was a comp car and my new bmw is actually a 1992 325i i got from a friend for 2k

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=199978140&albumId=1030111

I'm doing ok ... For some reason I still got internets... I'll probably get it disconnected during tomorrow morning.

Ahhhhh see the story unfolds a little more. Good car to have then as older BMWs and Mercedes will run a long time with little maintenance cost.

So how fast do you think you'll get the $7K outta the way and back to PSC?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Keep your chin up Oscar Smile you'll get things straightened out, and you'll be back Wink You have no idea how lucky you are to be 20 y.o., these are the years to hone your skills, and become great at whatever you choose to do, get your debts behind you so you can sleep at night, this is a priority. Right now the economy is about as bad as it's ever been, I'd hate to say it but it will be getting a lot worse when the dollar tanks and gas hits 5 euro's a gallon, (in the US) because they will stop taking US dollars Crying or Very sad it's like 5 euros per/liter in europe already, I think... Confused It may be time to get a bike, and a job closer to home, either way good luck to us all, we need it. Crying or Very sad The only thing that will save us, will be hydrogen fuel, made from sea water, the only problem is that they killed Stanley Meyer. Shocked

http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html
This is as sad as it gets

Hate to get off track, but it's all related to the problems were having.

FootFungas

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
and gas hits 5 euro's a gallon, (in the US) because they will stop taking US dollars Crying or Very sad it's like 5 euros per/liter in europe

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!
we will NEVER use Euros! or Liters! Mad

Ilovemylife77

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I just bought the advantage package and this side of photoshop contest is better than the free loading side. I am never going back to that side it scares me.

Synthvet

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:06 am   Reply with quote         

Ilovemylife77 wrote:
I just bought the advantage package and this side of photoshop contest is better than the free loading side. I am never going back to that side it scares me.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

Ilovemylife77 wrote:

Plus we have cookies! Mr. Green

Martrex

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Ilovemylife77 wrote:

Plus we have cookies! Mr. Green

And milk served in silver mugs up here in first class. Laughing Laughing

DaVinci

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm loaded! But I just got no time to chop-chop! Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - No PSC for me :( - Reply to topic