Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - New Game-Themed - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bigbuck

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:27 am   Reply with quote         

I've just had a bit of a brainstorm....

Because of the way the source images are set up with the random queue, and the advantage members voting and such..

Maybe we could open a blank 1280 x 960 white page and write a 'theme challenge' on that blank page. Upload it as you usually would a normal source jpg. Now I think BTVS approves the source images before going in the queue. So if he approved a few of these, they would just go through the queue as normal and be voted on....

Is this a stupid idea?

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:14 am   Reply with quote         

Dont be sad, god does love you Very Happy

Sleepyeyed

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:21 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
got a question for ya???? no one has said anything about the non advantage members as they can't see it yet. so my question is i think it fair to release the image to the nonadvantage members that would like to play too as in just p'm the link to them is that ok w/ everyone? now that thats said you can count me in Wink
-m-

Being a non-advantage member myself I would love to see the image beforehand, however I'm sure many advantage members would agree that having an advantage membership means that you have an advantage (makes sense I guess). Besides, I like to scramble to get my chop up quickly, just to see how my work stacks up against people who have had a month to work on something, when I've only had a day or two.

Oh yeah, I wanna do the aminal thingie too.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:03 am   Reply with quote         

so what do ya say - 0 ???? or does anyone else have a thought on that so far, 2 nons have asked to play along.... i did like what sleepy said though... seems like he's looking for a chalenge, he's got some good art and the blarimago guy is really new i dig the fact these dudes want to participate in these things... also very cool idea/game you came up w/ id like to see where this goes Wink
-m-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
annajon

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

OK, I am in. But are you thinking of doing this for every Friday, or does the winner pick the image on the day of his/her choice next??? That would be cooler, don't you think?

But count me in anyway for this one.

annajon

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:26 am   Reply with quote         

And if you want to make sure everybody knows you are entering the competition and you are a Theme Comp member, why not write TCM under the image in the box? Or make a title with TCM in it?

Then all the TCM entries can be linked to this forum (like with the KrisKringle forum) with the image link next to the members name.

MindGraph

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:21 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

Because of the way the source images are set up with the random queue, and the advantage members voting and such..

Maybe we could open a blank 1280 x 960 white page and write a 'theme challenge' on that blank page. Upload it as you usually would a normal source jpg. Now I think BTVS approves the source images before going in the queue. So if he approved a few of these, they would just go through the queue as normal and be voted on....

Is this a stupid idea?

I like it Brad....keeps everything on one page and nothing has to be changed on the site. Only thing is with a theme based comp the non-advantage members are definitely the underdog since it takes a bit of time to think up something. jmo...
Here is an example of LTZ's idea. This was a contest that was tried out similar to what LTZ is suggesting to do on next friday. The contest for those who don't know was the 7 deadly sins. It never got through it all but this one was on "Wrath". You can see the people that participated in it by their title.
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1840/silver-on-silver.html?l=all&o=votes

Micose

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

i am in.
Micose

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
bigbuck wrote:

Is this a stupid idea?

I like it Brad....keeps everything on one page and nothing has to be changed on the site. Only thing is with a theme based comp the non-advantage members are definitely the underdog since it takes a bit of time to think up something. jmo...
Here is an example of LTZ's idea. This was a contest that was tried out similar to what LTZ is suggesting to do on next friday. The contest for those who don't know was the 7 deadly sins. It never got through it all but this one was on "Wrath". You can see the people that participated in it by their title.
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1840/silver-on-silver.html?l=all&o=votes

Deadly Sins... that was a try...we re gonna start this game for real soon.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Where are the crayons?

padfoot7726

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok. I'm confused. How can some people already see the source image? I'm advantage, but I still don't know what you mean. Confused

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Top of the site:
Home Contests H2H 2007 Prizes Galleries Stats Forum Chat Tutorials Videos News Help Store Advantage Chat

Click on Advantage!

I make a fool of myself now, don't I? Confused

Well... I'm a nice person Laughing

padfoot7726

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh! You mean we're going with the normal source image for friday the fourth?

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

padfoot7726 wrote:
Oh! You mean we're going with the normal source image for friday the fourth?

Yes

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote         

No more... I just cant take it

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - New Game-Themed - Reply to topic