Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How important are votes to you?? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

If someone points out a mistake you have made on your entry.

I will not edit my image to improve it because it may cost me votes

5%

5%

[ 2 ]

I'm here to learn and or improve my skills. I will edit it immediately

56%

56%

[ 22 ]

I don't get enough votes to worry about them so I would edit it.

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

I'm here to compete and for the prizes (if any) , the art comes second.

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I want the votes first and maybe I will fix it later

12%

12%

[ 5 ]

How dare they tell me what to do. Who do they think they are.

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

I think If I fix it people will see that I care to put the effort in and they will give me a vote for that reason.

10%

10%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 39

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Well, if I have time and inclination, I edit. Sometimes I just take what is said under advisement for future chops.

Votes are nice - they make you feel like you created something that someone is enjoying - but I don't get all worked up about them. I mean, sometimes my stuff plain old sucks no matter how much time I put into it, and NOT getting votes makes me go back and figure out why on my own. It forces you to look at your work the way others see it, which alone will help you to improve.

Who hasn't gotten 1 vote for a 15-hour chop, or even more perplexing, a bunch of votes for a quickie chop and then stood there scratching their head? The votes aren't about the amount of work you put in but the results you get.

I second above, primarly I'm here to learn, which I have done since I joined a few months ago, Yeah, votes are nice but I'm learning not to take them seriously, because the work I think is great and worked long hours to complete, I get very few votes, yet work that I put together in a very short time gets more votes. I do like getting advice and comments, I don't always have time to correct that particular image but do take it on board for futures ones. I'm a ps addict and anything that helps improve my skills can only be a good thing.
Lastly I'll add that I think this site is really great and very inspiring with all the work thats put up.. Very Happy Very Happy

welan

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't like to edit my chops ,but i do listen to what the critics have to say about it and try to use the advice at a later time if i can rember what it was that is Laughing
Votes are nice ,the challenge of the chop is what i like,and the comments ,even if they are bad.Thats all i have to say on the subject ,i have painting to do. Very Happy

WhimSea

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

I have another question...

How important is lottery pot to you, seeing how you enter all the time?

Very Happy

a vote is like manna... some comments are like that too. Go back and look at my portfolio and give me some humorous comments - I love that even if it is long over.

couldb5150

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

I SAY AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the burning couch

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

Fixing a mistake that someone has pointed out and in the process learning a thing or two, is much more gratifying to me than getting votes. *!*

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:31 am   Reply with quote         

for my Bolt & Washers chop, i overlooked the perspective on the washers. many people pointed this out and i fixed it but to avoid losing my place in the queue i just put a link in the description text to the fixed image

i then replaced the chop after the contest closed

am i a bad person?

dewdew

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:00 am   Reply with quote         

dumbat wrote:
for my Bolt & Washers chop, i overlooked the perspective on the washers. many people pointed this out and i fixed it but to avoid losing my place in the queue i just put a link in the description text to the fixed image

i then replaced the chop after the contest closed

am i a bad person?

Yes. Confused......if i did'nt say it......Oscar would have..... blackeye

PHUCK a VOTE.....just tell me what the hell is wrong......damn 3 day contest and i get 4 ...

Morse code say's ...= s

S... efing what???????

READ THIS

-.- .. ... ... -- -.-- .- ... ...

Razz

yello_piggy

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

Normally, I even do not save the psd-files of my entries, so I am not really able to correct the mistakes in my chopping. But I remember the feedback for the future and try to make it better next time.

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

I've kept every PSD, source, and outside source (used and unused).
My Photoshopcontest folder now is at 18GB Shocked
I must be mental Laughing

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Make sure you burn it too DVD's and stash them away for safe keeping. Wink

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Laughing Laughing haha, your not the only one who's mental. I keep all my files as well, sometimes on one image I may have several ps files. Rolling Eyes Why I keep them is that I think one day they may come in useful, Laughing Laughing although I draw the line at making DVD's, I want to keep at least a small amount of sanity......

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll edit my image if I agree with someone's crit. I don't always agree with them so I don't update. I appreciate any comments or suggestions. It helps me improve in the long run. I would hope that if anyone ever wants to brutally tear my entry apart that they'd send a PM instead of a comment =)

JClark8220

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:58 am   Reply with quote         

You left out one other choice. What if someone you voted for did change their entry and you don't care for the change, it's not what you voted on. Then what? You can't take back your vote, and it looks like you voted for maybe a crappy job. (And yes, I have seen changes made to some entries that were better left alone.) I say, if the entry is changed, all votes get erased. If the people still like the change, they can always vote for it again. Sounds fair to me.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

heheheeee! I love this image

dumbat

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:17 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How important are votes to you?? - Reply to topic