Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How important are votes to you?? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

If someone points out a mistake you have made on your entry.

I will not edit my image to improve it because it may cost me votes

5%

5%

[ 2 ]

I'm here to learn and or improve my skills. I will edit it immediately

56%

56%

[ 22 ]

I don't get enough votes to worry about them so I would edit it.

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

I'm here to compete and for the prizes (if any) , the art comes second.

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I want the votes first and maybe I will fix it later

12%

12%

[ 5 ]

How dare they tell me what to do. Who do they think they are.

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

I think If I fix it people will see that I care to put the effort in and they will give me a vote for that reason.

10%

10%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 39

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

JClark8220 wrote:
You left out one other choice. What if someone you voted for did change their entry and you don't care for the change, it's not what you voted on. Then what? You can't take back your vote, and it looks like you voted for maybe a crappy job. (And yes, I have seen changes made to some entries that were better left alone.) I say, if the entry is changed, all votes get erased. If the people still like the change, they can always vote for it again. Sounds fair to me.
If this particular PSC rule bugs you so much, I suggest you vote on the last day before a contest closes. Chances are the author will not be changing his/her entry before closing, so your vote will not be "wasted". Sounds mucho more fair to me.

I feel very upset when my infinite wisdom comments are wasted on an author who doesn't immediately fix any and all problems I may have found in a particular entry.

JClark8220

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:50 am   Reply with quote         

I feel very upset when my infinite wisdom comments are wasted on an author who doesn't immediately fix any and all problems I may have found in a particular entry.[/quote]

That would only be your opinion. Perhaps the artist wanted it that way, but felt pressure to change it. Ever think of that?

I still think it would FAIR if, you change or edit entry, all votes get wiped out so people can vote on it again or not.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 am   Reply with quote         

JClark8220 wrote:
I still think it would FAIR if, you change or edit entry, all votes get wiped out so people can vote on it again or not.

Shocked wow, thats hardcore Laughing

dumbat

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:06 am   Reply with quote         

i think it'd be fair if, when i feel one of my chops is undervoted, i can vote for it myself, several times if necessary

monkeytwig

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

Wooooah we get votes on this site!? Surprised
where???
*spies under rug, scratchess head in confusion*

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

JClark8220 wrote:
vokaris wrote:
I feel very upset when my infinite wisdom comments are wasted on an author who doesn't immediately fix any and all problems I may have found in a particular entry.
That would only be your opinion. Perhaps the artist wanted it that way, but felt pressure to change it. Ever think of that?
When are we going to get that sarcastic font feature we've been asking for some time now? MANAGEMENT!!!! WE NEED A SARCASTIC FONT!!!! PLEASE!!!

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

I once heard that the best pickles are eaten on the 3rd Tuesday of every 4th June at 4:35pm.

And therein lies my answer.

nevet

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

i have to say that to me the comments are more important than the votes, i like to know what people think about my chops, the good things and the bad... that way i can improve for the next chop...

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
JClark8220 wrote:
vokaris wrote:
When are we going to get that sarcastic font feature we've been asking for some time now? MANAGEMENT!!!! WE NEED A SARCASTIC FONT!!!! PLEASE!!!

since we cannot get a 'sarcastic font' done, maybe we should designate all sarcasm by a color?
say orange?

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

If someone edit's their entry and it looks even better that's ok with me. Cool on the other hand, if they get votes on and entry, then post a whole new image in it's place that's not too cool. ~ votes should start at zero again in that case. Wink

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
If someone edit's their entry and it looks even better that's ok with me. Cool on the other hand, if they get votes on and entry, then post a whole new image in it's place that's not too cool. ~ votes should start at zero again in that case. Wink
If an author removes an entry from his/her portfolio after the contest is finished, all votes for said entry shall be removed from the statistics. Twisted Evil

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

YAY

do we start an official orange is the color of sarcasm thread?

or do we have a better color in mind maybe?

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
YAY

do we start an official 'orange' is the color of sarcasm?

or do we have a better color in mind maybe?

Awe, that takes the fun out of it Laughing <---wish I could make this smiley orange Wink

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

isn't the smiley already orange?!? Laughing do you know how many times I've typed something sarcastically just to have someone take it as I was being serious? then got all mad at me because I was ruining their fun?

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
not really. do you know how many times I've typed something sarcastically just to have someone take it as I was being serious?

I thought that is what the smiley's were for Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How important are votes to you?? - Reply to topic