Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Help me delete! - Reply to topic

cpendy

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello -
I have entered an upcoming contest (i entered a week ago) and I just looked at it again. I really really don't like it and would like to delete my entry before the contest opens tomorrow. I can't find a way to do that. I have also tried in the past to edit entries by hitting edit and then uploading a better entry. It never works. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

It works but you don't see it right away

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

as for tomorrow, just post a picture that says delete

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:45 pm   Reply with quote         

after editing them have you tried to refresh your browser? that usually will show the correct image after editing. hope that helps

dumbat

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

when i edit a chop even when i hit Reload Image it won't show me the new version. however if i click on it and view the full-size version, and hit Reload, it shows me the new version there

cpendy

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you guys. I have tried to do both of those things and even upon refreshing it is not showing my newly uploaded image. I also can't delete the one I posted opening tomorrow. I don't know what I am doing wrong but.... i appreciate your help.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

cpendy wrote:
Thank you guys. I have tried to do both of those things and even upon refreshing it is not showing my newly uploaded image. I also can't delete the one I posted opening tomorrow. I don't know what I am doing wrong but.... i appreciate your help.
well i have one more suggestion for you then....this always works for me when i don't want to look at an image i post and dislike... have you tried riping your monitor off your desk and throwing it down a flight of stairs?

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

I deleted it. We'll delete entries for you as long as we get your request prior to the contest opening.

Your other entry could be updating without you seeing it even after a regular refresh. Do a full cache refresh by holding Ctrl and hitting F5 on the page.
splodge

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

i spoze i should say something, "something"

Hallcross Toots
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:29 am   Reply with quote         

i still think my 2nd idea is funner Laughing Shocked

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

So why don't we have the option to delete our own images? It would be fairly easy to add I believe.

I know, I know... STFUAC!! Laughing

cpendy

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for all the suggestions. Thanks Bill for the Delete! Hey NGSP... thanks for the suggestion but I have no stairs. I ripped the monitor off of the desktop but then realized I had no stairs to throw it down. Laughing

Thank you all! I really love how quick help happens around here. You all Rock!

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:09 am   Reply with quote         

cpendy wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Thanks Bill for the Delete! Hey NGSP... thanks for the suggestion but I have no stairs. I ripped the monitor off of the desktop but then realized I had no stairs to throw it down. Laughing

Thank you all! I really love how quick help happens around here. You all Rock!
fire then... lighting it on fire is 100% fail proof!!! trust me it works Wink but before you light it it's extremly important to.. DO IT OUTSIDE Raising Brow i found that out the hard way, the 1st time i did it Doh!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Help me delete! - Reply to topic