Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

ReinMan

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
TWINKIES, PEOPLE! TWINKIES!!

Now THERE is SOMETHING to BELIEVE in!

(as in: "I believe I'll have another TWINKIE.")

AM I RIGHT PEOPLE!?

Hello?

Is this thing on? ....

Confused

I was just trying to figure out how to convince everyone that I am Buddha....

and there were twinkies, and the Lord saw that they were Good. And He ateth of them with great joy.

I think Twinkies™ are ABSOLUTE proof that GOOD and EVIL can co-exist in one place. Very Happy

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="ReinMan"]
creatrix wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
TWINKIES, PEOPLE! TWINKIES!!

Now THERE is SOMETHING to BELIEVE in!

(as in: "I believe I'll have another TWINKIE.")

AM I RIGHT PEOPLE!?

Hello?

Is this thing on? ....

Confused

I think Twinkies™ are ABSOLUTE proof that GOOD and EVIL can co-exist in one place. Very Happy

Damn... You're right. There is no need for 11 dimensions. All we need are twinkies.

Quick: publish this before the boys out at CERN beat you to the punch!!!

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't discriminate against the "dark "Hostess Cakes.

http://www.hostesscakes.com/hohos.asp

Twisted Evil Very Happy

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:

Twisted Evil Very Happy

Who you callin' a Ho, ho??? Twisted Evil Laughing

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

LORD HEAR OUR PRAYER! Cool amen.

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:

Twisted Evil Very Happy

I do, from time to time, light a ceremonial incense stick for the Great Ho. Twinkie's SHUNNED cousin...

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

That reminds me... are we getting close to Girl Scout Cookie sales or did I just miss it?

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
That reminds me... are we getting close to Girl Scout Cookie sales or did I just miss it?

I think you missed it. I bought mine a couple weeks ago.

Freakin' low fat ones. Sad I really wanted the Samoas.

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I believe in science not religion!!!! Science is fact.... Religion is false hope...

Now I know that may sound harsh and maybe a little morbid, but I do not see it that way. People take relationships & friendships for granted! Live everyday as it maybe your last, Love passionately, Laugh often, and CHOP HARD, cause you only live once!!! Smile

ScionShade

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, now, science does deal with facts, or at least is supposed to, but the science community deals in faith. One assumes one knows, or understands what one is taught about science without being given the proof, and worse yet not even plausible theory. You have the proof on some things, and use those to make unsupported assumptions. Assumptions which are spoon fed to you. Much of what people take as fact is based on faith. The average person who believes that science has the answers to our origins is not even aware they are taking what is taught today on faith.

Designed2522

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Well, now, science does deal with facts, or at least is supposed to, but the science community deals in faith. One assumes one knows, or understands what one is taught about science without being given the proof, and worse yet not even plausible theory. You have the proof on some things, and use those to make unsupported assumptions. Assumptions which are spoon fed to you. Much of what people take as fact is based on faith. The average person who believes that science has the answers to our origins is not even aware they are taking what is taught today on faith.

I agree with what you said and there def is some faith within the science realm but I also know that stories and story telling was the base of entertainment back in the day and that is what the bible was made from.... stories... I believe that some need religion and faith to make it through the day, so what ever makes people happy and gets them through life is fine with me.

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

I don't think this is the case, but I'm certainly willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, though. Which assumptions would you call unsupported?

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

Wait a second little brother... You are misdefining science. Science IS based on proofs. Facts, scientifically proven, not faith. Theories may be based on assumptions made on the proven facts. I know that cause I have an ex that can´t get her DR if she doesn´t actually PROVE her theory. In theory, she´s right... but she´s trying to prove it for almost 3 years now. A theory, to be plausible, MUST be supported on some kind of proof, otherwise, it´s just a theory... an assumption, logically deduced, though not a fact.

As for religion, there is a God... created by an arrogant man at his own image. It´s the same principle we use to make our children behave. You tell them oogie boogie will come to haunt them if they don´t behave. It´s a way to avoid chaos based on fear. Kinda like the US government. Promote fear to control the people, after all, they believe in all we say anyway.

Thou shall not kill, otherwise God (oogie boogie) will send you to hell. Even if there really was a God, why in the hell would he bother about a sin a tiny little creature wandering among lots of galaxies did. Do you really feel you´re THAT important for God to care if you stole an apple from yer neighbor or not?

Wanna go back to science? It´s been proven the same water molecules group in a different way when exposed to certain ambients, moods or feelings (microscopic pictures were taken from the same sample of water under different influences). Consider yer body is 90% water. Can you picture what yer brain can do to yourself?

By believing there is a God, you feel good about it, believing there´s a supreme being that is taking care of you, and will never let you down. Giving you hope in hard times, and proving to you hundreds of times, during hard times from which you recovered He was there for you. Now, what really happened, is yer brain believed so hard He was gonna help you, that increased the number of receptor for endorphine in yer brain cells. These brain cells divide themselves giving time to time more room for endorphine (the hormon that makes you feel gooooood), creating neural connections that make you feel good. You occupy yer miserable 2000 conscient bits of yer brain (the brain has a capacity of 200000000000 of bits, although we use only 2000 of them) to solve yer problem, without having to share them with yer worries. BUT, it´s much easier and comforting to believe God listened to yer prayers and consequently helped you.

I could go further Scion, but I guess this is enough to piss ya off.

The only thing you can know for sure about science, religion or life itself, is that what you think is real, is not real, what you think is not real is real, and what you think might actually not be real, is more real than what you think is not real. Think about it.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Careful, arc. We don't want them to lock the thread! (And "them" is splodge... I *know* he exists!!) Laughing

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge is not real, he was invented by the other mod's to make you lot conform

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.