Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - 5 Tricky Riddles - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Try not to scroll down, until you think about each question.
(will post answers in the next post)

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Answers:
1. The third room. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead. That one was easy, right?

2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry (shot; held under water; and hung).

3. Charcoal, as it is used in barbecuing.

4. Sure you can name three consecutive days, yesterday, today, and tomorrow!

5. The letter e, which is the most common letter used in the English language, does not appear even once in the paragraph.

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:55 pm   Reply with quote         

woo! got them all. (without cheating.) of course, I've heard half of them before. Wink

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

batman can we use the bat computer. Smile
Another fun one is
Go to anyone at random and ask them to say SILK three times fast.....then ask them what a cow drinks.....95% will say milk..... Confused ...sad but true.....and the answer is water by the way. Razz

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
batman can we use the bat computer. Smile
Another fun one is
Go to anyone at random and ask them to say SILK three times fast.....then ask them what a cow drinks.....95% will say milk..... Confused ...sad but true.....and the answer is water by the way. Razz

well, that all depends on how old the cow is, really...

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

You want a hard riddle?

http://www.deathball.net/notpron/

I'm in level 47 Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

dfwsusan wrote:
Try not to scroll down, until you think about each question.
(will post answers in the next post)

Okay. I'm up for the challenge. And no I haven't peeked. This is a straight up attempt before looking.

dfwsusan wrote:
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

The lions. No eating after 3 years they'd be dead. Gotta admit at first reading I thought "3 days" not "3 years".

dfwsusan wrote:
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

She's a photographer.

dfwsusan wrote:
3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

Newspaper? I think I've heard this one.

dfwsusan wrote:
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

dfwsusan wrote:
5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

No letter "e" anywhere in there. I've seen that one.

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

What moves on 4 legs, then two and then three???

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

A human

Baby, adult, old guy with cane

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Great job guys

I like this one:

What has 4 wheels and flys?

delia

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

http://www.track4va.com
kittie

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

got all of them except for the charcoal Smile

If you guys like this stuff you should play Professor Layton and the Curious village for DS... seriously, I sat there for 12 hours to beat that game...
It got so irritating.

dewdew

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
You want a hard riddle?

http://www.deathball.net/notpron/

I'm in level 47 Very Happy

bounce i made it to level 4,then shut it off..... Shocked ohhhhh you said 47......shit....i was irritated by level 4..... by level 47 i'll be rooming with couldbe5150 at the mental ward.

4 wheels and flies....Trash truck

WhimSea

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

#5 have to say it has every letter of the alphabet, except: "E", "V" and "Z"

WhimSea

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

deathball ... I'm on level 12

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - 5 Tricky Riddles - Reply to topic