Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Just to let everyone know - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tarmac

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

All things take time Marty, please take as much time as you need to heal your heart. As Wiz said, and others here are saying.. WE are ALL here for you my friend. You're in our thoughts. God Bless...

mikey

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

My condolences go out to you and your family. may the Lord give you comfort and peace in your time of mourning. hope to see you back at PSC soon. Cool

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Wishing and praying that you and your family experience the consolation of loving kindness during this very sad time...

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Condolences my friend.

JW

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Marty - I'm real sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I wish you and your family all the best during these difficult times. JW

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Marty.
I'm certain she was a lovely woman. If it's not too painful, would you share something about her with us?

Martrex

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Marty.
I'm certain she was a lovely woman. If it's not too painful, would you share something about her with us?

Due to Rheumatic fever as a child my wife had a damaged Mitra valve in her heart. When i met her back in '81 she had already had 2 open heart surgeries. Yet her concern was always helping other people. I guess one of the many things that made me fall for her. People laugh when we tell them we went on 1 date and have been together ever since. It was just meant to be!
But she had a total of 5 open heart surgeries over her 51 yrs. Along with that was 2 strokes due to the same surgeries, then throw in Osteoporosis in her lower back which cost her 3 inches in height and excruciating pain. Then there was unknown reason for her loss of potassium in her bloodstream. But she would spend 8hrs in outpatient treatment 2 times a week. But when they told her she needed to start thinking about what she would do as it got worse. She thought long and hard and asked me as well for my input. But she chose to stop her treatments and die at home. Hospice is a wonderful service here in So. Cal. They brought in a hospital bed and set her up with the meds she needed to take to deal with the pain. Then the clock started. It took six weeks as she wilted away before my eyes. But when she was awake her spirit was there. I told her each day how much i loved her. But also told her that I would take care of everything, so she didn't need to worry. Then early morning on Easter Sunday I woke in the fold out bed beside her hospital bed and checked her and she was gone.
Then went through all the chaos of paramedics and police and firemen. Just to show them her signed DNR form and they called it in as such. Then left her and I in the empty house and told me to call the undertaker to pick her up.
I did and called a pair of friends to be there with me through that part.

I'm not mad that she's left. I am relieved for her suffering being over. But I had taken care of her for so long I miss her presence. I need to get used to it being me and not us. To worry only about what i need to do and if I'm up to it.

It'll take awhile to get through. But I will never be the same.

So there is the story. Sad

Hal23

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:51 pm   Reply with quote         

It realy is a story about true love. I can not imagine your feelings, but I'm with you. Even it will never be the same I have feeling that you will be strong and get through. My condolences to you, your family and friends.

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

My deepest sympathy man. My grandmother died on easter sunday two years ago. It was one of the toughest moments of my life.

Just try to remember all the good times, and soon enough, thoughts of her will bring a smile instead of tears.

Hug

kinetic_be

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Martrex.

Someone sended me a PM that I should read something on PS so I did..

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how it feels but it's my deepest fear to lose the ones I love around me. I have been lucky to not have been trough something similar as what you are going trough right now.
It made me speechless when I read it and I'm not really sure what to say..
I wish you a lot of strenght in these days Mart, my deepest condolences.

Take good care and I'm very glad that you found a lot of support here from other members.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Marty to let us know more about you & your wife.
Your story is very touching. Like Eve said, I'm certain your wife was a lovely woman.
And she had a very sweet, generous & courageous husband.
You said "I will never be the same".
You are such a good & strong person. I think you will just be stronger.

MindGraph

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I am deeply sorry for your loss Marty. The story is so sad to read and I can't imagine how you held up so well through it. Times like this that I'm sure I speak for many here that I wish we all lived down the street from each other so we could help comfort each other in times like this. I guess that's one of the things about this site though that makes ya come back all the time. I remember that my wife and I had to take a job transfer 5 yrs ago for the better of our family and I hated leaving where we were so of course didn't feel at home when we made the move. Then when we got the computers hooked back up and settled in and I logged into here and it immediately felt like I never left home. I hope you have the same feeling with here because there are alot of people that care about you. Do what you need to do for you and just keep us posted on how that's going....ok?
My family and I wish you the best in your recovery. Wink

Salvezza

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:01 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I'm so, so sorry for your loss Mart.

Lord, take Marty into your hands and lift him up after the loss of his wife. We all pray that you will heal his heavy heart and allow those around him to be a comfort and a rock in which he can rely. We know that you have your reasons for everything, but it still hurts to loose someone so close. Please be with Marty and his family through this tough time. I pray that you will ease his spirit with the knowledge that she is resting peacefully in your loving arms. In your name I pray.
Amen.

Very beautiful prayer Sean..

lancoma

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:10 am   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad that really sucks...I'm sorry to Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Just to let everyone know - Reply to topic