Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - First ever PSC "Contest" - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

jasper

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:19 am   Reply with quote         

So who won?
man there's a story behind that first contest for sure

annajon

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

Great history

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

I found it amusing that even back then they were not happy with the voting I copied n pasted this out of the first forum discussions. I edited out the user just in case he /she would prefer to remain anon- I am personally not upset with the site I just find that this issue has a "history" and apparently will keep on no matter what!

Posted: 2002-06-01 11:19:50 | By: XXXXX88
The reason I am no longer posting pics.

Well I have only been a member here a short while but It's obvious to me now that the voting system has a huge flaw. The fact that the voting is open the second the original pic is posted makes the whole thing NOT WORK! Stop and think about it, if you do not get your pic up within an hour or so of the original being posted alot of memebers have already voted and your chances of winning or getting ANY votes are slim and none.

I have "tested" this theory of mine by posting average stuff early on and I do very well. If I create something much better, but wait untill the next day to post it, it goes un-noticed (every time.)

I am sure others have noticed this trend as well.

The ONLY way this place could ever work properly/fairly is if ALL pics were submitted FIRST, say for example you gave everyone 2-3days to submit their work and then CLOSED the thread (no one can submit pics) and then OPEN the voting.

How can a person vote before he even sees ALL there is to vote for?

Oh and the fact that you can vote more than once on the same thread just makes things even more confusing/worse!

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I found it amusing that even back then they were not happy with the voting I copied n pasted this out of the first forum discussions. I edited out the user just in case he /she would prefer to remain anon- I am personally not upset with the site I just find that this issue has a "history" and apparently will keep on no matter what!

Well I have only been a member here a short while but It's obvious to me now that the voting system has a huge flaw. The fact that the voting is open the second the original pic is posted makes the whole thing NOT WORK! Stop and think about it, if you do not get your pic up within an hour or so of the original being posted alot of memebers have already voted and your chances of winning or getting ANY votes are slim and none.

I have "tested" this theory of mine by posting average stuff early on and I do very well. If I create something much better, but wait untill the next day to post it, it goes un-noticed (every time.)

The ONLY way this place could ever work properly/fairly is if ALL pics were submitted FIRST, say for example you gave everyone 2-3days to submit their work and then CLOSED the thread (no one can submit pics) and then OPEN the voting.

Oh and the fact that you can vote more than once on the same thread just makes things even more confusing/worse!

everything involving "votes" is skewed somehow.

ReinMan

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

I suspect the world will REALLY see some skewed voting in about a half year. Wink Razz

Hmmm.... "skewed" rhymes with "screwed".

Never noticed that before....
Huh..

blue_lurker

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:

See been talked about since day one
Ya get some PSC history and its straight back to voting problems.
I love this place. LMBBAO

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Is that laughing my big bad a## off? or did I misinterpret lmbbao? That is a new one and I like it.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
Is that laughing my big bad a## off? or did I misinterpret lmbbao? That is a new one and I like it.

Laughing my big blue ass off? Laughing

infected

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

asscheese1000 in the buddy list... oh those were dark days Doh!

MindGraph

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

I had to laugh. I went into the link that was posted above and found the forum and........well........some things never change. Found this....

Posted: 2002-05-31 18:46:36 | By: Chicken
Oh, who am I kidding. I have no inspiration. I'm sitting here drinking a damn yoohoo and eating those filthy orange circus peanuts from '78....crap. I think I just pooped myself.

Oscar

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

The good old days... I remember back in Nam when we used to gather at the local camp and chop some good images. Yeah good days.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

if you look around enough you will find the h2h section...

one of the first was er....

chrispis vs Rondo 5/12/2003 @ 8:00 AM

http://web.archive.org/web/20030529230620/www.photoshopcontest.com/h2h.php

how odd is that? Shocked

ScionShade

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL at Blurker laughing his big bad ass off. Good stuff...good stuff.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - First ever PSC "Contest" - Reply to topic