Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SAVE SOME VOTES - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu May 01, 2008 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         


each to there own is the way it has always been, you want to dole out 5, fine, maybe only 1, fair enough, but we all have 25, if you want to throw all of them out there, do that too. Ahhh the democratic right to freedom and choice Very Happy

(wipes away tears)




Post Thu May 01, 2008 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         


marcoballistic wrote:
each to there own is the way it has always been, you want to dole out 5, fine, maybe only 1, fair enough, but we all have 25, if you want to throw all of them out there, do that too. Ahhh the democratic right to freedom and choice Very Happy

(wipes away tears)


Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and yeah and if you want to crawl out of the woodwork and vote for just your friends do that, too!

Here's a kleenex, Marco.




Post Thu May 01, 2008 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         






annajon

Location: DEAD THREAD DUMPINGGROUND NEAR YOU

Post Thu May 01, 2008 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         


Azionite wrote:


cool surf




ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Thu May 01, 2008 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         


killploki wrote:
maybe its just me, but i feel like there are too many votes to use already.....i usually go through and vote on what i consider the strongest 3 - 5 entries and thats about it. i dont see the reason for using so many votes.

I agree. That's how it should be. Wink




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         


hmm I don't agree with that just using 3-5 votes. I mean then why would anybody be interested in even trying to post here if they knew up front they'd never ever get even one vote?

That maybe good for some of you to just use 3 votes but seriously it would KILL this site.




ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         


manic_d wrote:
hmm I don't agree with that just using 3-5 votes. I mean then why would anybody be interested in even trying to post here if they knew up front they'd never ever get even one vote?

That maybe good for some of you to just use 3 votes but seriously it would KILL this site.

Yes I agree, but if people only had 3 votes they would not throw them away so quickly. They would view all the entries first. Wink




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         


possibly but they don't do that now so why would they with only three votes.. let's see .. you'd get a vote, marco would get a vote and anfa would get a vote and the rest of us would just quit entering.... or so it would seem.... I dunno it's a good question. I maybe looking at it wrong but to me it just would curb the fun of doing the chop in the first place. oh well Cool




ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         


Where is Mr. Scion Shady's entry??????????? Shocked




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         


ReyRey wrote:
manic_d wrote:
hmm I don't agree with that just using 3-5 votes. I mean then why would anybody be interested in even trying to post here if they knew up front they'd never ever get even one vote?

That maybe good for some of you to just use 3 votes but seriously it would KILL this site.

Yes I agree, but if people only had 3 votes they would not throw them away so quickly. They would view all the entries first. Wink


You're kidding, right? Shocked

The only reason these so-called contests work half the time is because of the voting power differences of non and advantage members, and the occasional true-to-heart voter who pops in and votes on 1 to 5 entries. If everyone had only 3 votes in a contest of nearly 80 entires, my money would be on the entrant with the most friends, otherwise 50 people could be tied for first.




killploki

Location: canada

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         


tadams wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
manic_d wrote:
hmm I don't agree with that just using 3-5 votes. I mean then why would anybody be interested in even trying to post here if they knew up front they'd never ever get even one vote?

That maybe good for some of you to just use 3 votes but seriously it would KILL this site.

Yes I agree, but if people only had 3 votes they would not throw them away so quickly. They would view all the entries first. Wink


You're kidding, right? Shocked

The only reason these so-called contests work half the time is because of the voting power differences of non and advantage members, and the occasional true-to-heart voter who pops in and votes on 1 to 5 entries. If everyone had only 3 votes in a contest of nearly 80 entires, my money would be on the entrant with the most friends, otherwise 50 people could be tied for first.


again, just my opinion and it doesnt mean much because i am new around here..the fact that you say the person with the most friends could win shows that the voting system may be flawed.




ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         


tadams wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
manic_d wrote:
hmm I don't agree with that just using 3-5 votes. I mean then why would anybody be interested in even trying to post here if they knew up front they'd never ever get even one vote?

That maybe good for some of you to just use 3 votes but seriously it would KILL this site.

Yes I agree, but if people only had 3 votes they would not throw them away so quickly. They would view all the entries first. Wink


You're kidding, right? Shocked

The only reason these so-called contests work half the time is because of the voting power differences of non and advantage members, and the occasional true-to-heart voter who pops in and votes on 1 to 5 entries. If everyone had only 3 votes in a contest of nearly 80 entires, my money would be on the entrant with the most friends, otherwise 50 people could be tied for first.

I think people over estimate the "Friend Vote" thing. I don't think it happens that much.




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.
mikey

Location: Somerville MA

Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         


Damn I thought I had more friends here. Crying or Very sad ok I understand, I will go somewhere where I'm wanted.




_________________
https://drooble.com/l/20vwa

Post Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         


ReyRey wrote:

I think people over estimate the "Friend" thing. I don't think it happens that much.


By how much?

It happens more than it should. But that is what makes this environment so much fun.




Oscar

Location: Northern California

Post Thu May 01, 2008 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         


I switched to GEICO... saved me a ton of votes.





_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SAVE SOME VOTES - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com