Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - ROLL UP ROLL UP 2008 H2H - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post Sat May 10, 2008 6:34 am   Reply with quote         

You say eether and I say eyether,
You say neether and I say nyther;
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,
Let's call the whole thing off!

Hmmm

thbeghin

Post Sat May 10, 2008 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
digitalpharaoh
Post 10 May 2008 05:34 am

You say eether and I say eyether,
You say neether and I say nyther;
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,
Let's call the whole thing off!

Billie rules!!!
Quote:

cafn8d

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
cafn8d wrote:
Tea Man wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
we are conducting tests so you might see some matches already paired up, scroll down to bottom of the page for registration link

are these the actual match-ups (excluding the freebie ones) that are final, or just a see-how-things-work thing?

Supa said in chat earlier that nothing was final; it's all just a "see-how-things-work" thing right now... so no one get their hopes up--yet! Wink

UP????? You mean down, right??? Reysquared is in my braquet in the brackets as they are right now... Evil or Very Mad

Well, then, ReyRey shouldn't get his hopes up, since the brackets might change. Wink Laughing

cafn8d

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
I see the registration thingy...

But i think we need more people? unless there quite a number of people named "freebie". Also, is that who im up against? i dont mind but i thought it was seeded with PSCore (which i dont know what it is) and the person im up against has a way greater PSCore than i do.

These are just the test brackets, and are subject to change once registration has closed. The user you are currently paired up against may not be the one you'll actually compete against. HOWEVER...

(Procyon, Supa, more knowledgeable veterans: please correct me if I'm wrong!) This tournament is just like any sports tournament or playoff series. The "BEST" players go up against the "WORST" players. Don't be discouraged; there are often upsets! There are some other factors for who is in which bracket, but basically, if you list every participating PSCer's PSCore in numerical order on a piece of paper, then fold that list in half, you'd get the highest paired against the lowest on through until the only "even" matches are those in the middle.

This system works pretty well, and, as I said, always leads to some surprises. Top choppers can have off-days, too, and relative novices often WOW everyone in stepping up their game when the pressure is on. Me? I'll probably once again be among the elite HALF of participants who don't make it past the first round! Laughing

annajon

Post Sat May 10, 2008 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Pearcinator wrote:
I see the registration thingy...

But i think we need more people? unless there quite a number of people named "freebie". Also, is that who im up against? i dont mind but i thought it was seeded with PSCore (which i dont know what it is) and the person im up against has a way greater PSCore than i do.

These are just the test brackets, and are subject to change once registration has closed. The user you are currently paired up against may not be the one you'll actually compete against. HOWEVER...

(Procyon, Supa, more knowledgeable veterans: please correct me if I'm wrong!) This tournament is just like any sports tournament or playoff series. The "BEST" players go up against the "WORST" players. Don't be discouraged; there are often upsets! There are some other factors for who is in which bracket, but basically, if you list every participating PSCer's PSCore in numerical order on a piece of paper, then fold that list in half, you'd get the highest paired against the lowest on through until the only "even" matches are those in the middle.

This system works pretty well, and, as I said, always leads to some surprises. Top choppers can have off-days, too, and relative novices often WOW everyone in stepping up their game when the pressure is on. Me? I'll probably once again be among the elite HALF of participants who don't make it past the first round! Laughing

Well Caf, we will sure be in good company then.... Wink

Post Sat May 10, 2008 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I am already discouraged since I'm in the worst bracket scenario of the above stated way this is set up. I am doing this for the fun. I know he'll beat me good! Confused Cool But I took that risk signing up. -- Razz

He's a great chopper! My hat is off to him. Smile Very Happy farao

But maybe he'll have a bad day ........ maybe Obama will call him for a photo shoot. yeah that's it.

But wait, I did a count here and I am about dead middle in this bracket list so maybe I have a shot. rambo You're going DOWN!!!!!!!!! lol having fun Laughing

Eragon

Post Sat May 10, 2008 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Caf, if you want to win, you can!!!!And you will, thats the way how to do start it!

cafn8d

Post Sat May 10, 2008 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Eragon wrote:
Hey Caf, if you want to win, you can!!!!And you will, thats the way how to do start it!

Hmmm I didn't say I wouldn't try my best!

Laughing

Eragon

Post Sat May 10, 2008 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

splodge

Post Sat May 10, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

i came second spring H2H 2004, and look at the crap i was posting in the daily contests back then,
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/50874/index.html
use that as a pointer to find march/april 2004 on this page, boy i was bad,
http://photoshopcontest.com/portfolio/5233/browse.html?l=96&p=96

Hallcross Toots

Post Sat May 10, 2008 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Attention Everyone,

I, db, do hereby announce my candidacy for the official 2008 H2H Competition. My campaign will be heavily funded by large quantities of beer, mind trippy halucinagines, and endless reruns of the simpsons.

Thank you for your support...let's get this chopfest started Very Happy

-db

Post Sat May 10, 2008 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
Attention Everyone,

I, db, do hereby announce my candidacy for the official 2008 H2H Competition. My campaign will be heavily funded by large quantities of beer, mind trippy halucinagines, and endless reruns of the simpsons.

Thank you for your support...let's get this chopfest started Very Happy

-db

Wait you get trippy hallocinogens??? UNFAIR, you should share so we can all come up with wild chops. colors I guess this means I have to sniff glue Yuck

Post Sat May 10, 2008 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

nunosk8

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

only a question:

why I see so many "freebie(s)" in the list? Razz It's just a temporary thing or what? Wink

cheers

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - ROLL UP ROLL UP 2008 H2H - Reply to topic