Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I leave for a few months and PSC goes down the drain. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Have you submitted one of these entries before?

Yes

10%

10%

[ 3 ]

No

57%

57%

[ 16 ]

Yes, and it got tons of votes! I'm doing it again!

17%

17%

[ 5 ]

Yes, and it sucked so bad no body voted for it.

14%

14%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 28

annajon

Post Tue May 20, 2008 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Good for you Mira, let the geek choke on his problems, they are his problems to choke on. You entry was original his was not.

TheShaman

Post Tue May 20, 2008 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Mira wrote:
Ok ... it suffices to say that this thread, using my entry, is not really motivating me to continue. I know I'm new and have to learn, but don't think I deserve this either.

As I am not really in the mood to get into this discussion, I will just leave.
ResidentGeek have fun on your high horse.

ps .. Still proud of the entry .. no matter what you say

lets also not forget the golden rule of NOT talking about Fight Club whilst Fight Club is going on.
This contest is still open BTW...

Mira, don't let it bother you too much. It was bad form all the way around. This 'rant' thread shouldn't have included entries in contests that are currently active... Hell, it shouldn't have included anyones entries period. You don't like an entry? Well, don't freakin vote for it... PERIOD.

Site Moderator

Post Tue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
...I move that we table the odd voting trends, and embark on an immediate intervention with Vokaris before all hope is lost...
Does intervention come in small unmarked bills?

TheShaman

Post Tue May 20, 2008 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
...I move that we table the odd voting trends, and embark on an immediate intervention with Vokaris before all hope is lost...

will paypal be ok?

Post Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

My 9mm is named intervention. Raising Brow

Post Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:

Go read my rants.
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/139493/beyond-the-gates.html
Methinks it's just one of those times at PSC where people wanna vote for crap over cool.

Are you seriously disappointed that it only got 43 votes?

Oh no. Not at all. The majority of the comments I placed were placed on the first day when, in MY OPINION crappy chops got 15-20 votes and off they go...while mine remained at THREE votes.

THREE.

I'm quite pleased with the 43...that being said...had I torched it there would've been a tie with Marco.

Wink Laughing

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Goat1981

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I nearly voted for that one, Goat, but the large goat on the right has wrong lighting/tone or something. I think the image would've done much better without it.

You are a very, very good chopper!

Thanks, Eve. I think it's the large goat's tone. The external was awful... But, I tell you, I *needed* the large goat! The story of Three Billy Goats Gruff wouldn't be complete with two goats. Razz The third goat was the largest in the story.

I'm just going to post B/W images from now on. Wink

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:

YOU DIRTY BASTARD STEVE
Evil or Very Mad

Razz

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I do not mean offense to anyone. This topic has nothing to do with the entries people are submitting but rather: WHY THE FREAK ARE THE GOOD ONES BEING IGNORED?
Mira, for a beginner, it's a good work. What I'm talking about is, there are better entries than yours further down the list. Why is yours on the front page? Probably because it was "edged".
The statement of "piece of crap" was meant in jest in comparison to a really good "piece of art" that deserved more than it got.
"Bad Form?" Probably. Mira, I apologize, nothing personal was meant by that statement.

Now, Since that's been cleared up, on to rebuttal!

annajon: "Your entry was original his was not."
Really? I didn't see anyone else switching the bodies and parts of the lego pieces. Hmmm... Maybe I'm just blind?

dewdew

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 pm   Reply with quote         

i get most of my votes because i am friendly, popular, and have such a wonderful disposition. Confused Who said life was fair...... Twisted Evil

WOW....your blind...... Cool .....damn, that does add a bit of difficulty to the whole chopping thingee.....no wonder you got the heads switched. Razz

marcoballistic

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
I'm quite pleased with the 43...that being said...had I torched it there would've been a tie with Marco.

Wink Laughing

The people love things to burn Razz

marcoballistic

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Goat1981 wrote:
But, I tell you, I *needed* the large goat! The story of Three Billy Goats Gruff wouldn't be complete with two goats. Razz The third goat was the largest in the story.

I'm just going to post B/W images from now on. Wink

loved that story as a kid, and as a side note, you got utterly ass screwed on that chop G... hmm in a bad way by the way bud Wink Laughing

Martrex

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

ResidentGeek wrote:
Ok. For the most part, PSC is the same good ol', way better than worth1000, awesome, photoshopping, picture chopping, Marco's still winning, website.
Then I noticed a trend in some recent entries.
What's up with people using pathetic filters like emboss and sketch to cover up their bad chops?
Even more: What's with everyone giving them so many votes. I've seen several images that would have received next to zero votes had it been in full color with all bad edges and seams evident. But with it B&W, "sketched", or embossed, it gets more votes than many more deserving pieces.
I for one am boycotting these entries.
I have seen plenty of great images that were B&W, emobossed, or , yes, even sketched but there was talent evolved. You could see the efforts put into these images.
Cookie cutting the subject out and (badly) slipping it into another picture isn't impressive. Adding filters shouldn't change that.

Anyone like to explain this to me?

(BTW, Good to be back.)

Your more then welcome to leave here if you're not happy here either. Or would you just like to sit here in forums and piss and moan! We are all worried about your opinion since you are such an expert with 23 entries.

Yet you come in here and start putting everyone down for how they do their pieces. as compared to what you think should be the accepted way. And I reiterate your 23 entries surely make you an expert. Sarcasm

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Am I the only one who sees this as a discussion?

ResidentGreek apologized for offending anyone.

Do you all realize that just a year ago PSC had 5+ pages of posts instead of 3? Do you not think it might have something to do with what ResidentGreek is trying to convey?

pirat

*edit* ohhhhh, I didn't realize you posted, too. Well, then nevermind.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I leave for a few months and PSC goes down the drain. - Reply to topic