Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - voting in H2H - Reply to topic

Sleepyeyed

Post Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

So I understand how the H2H works, but as far as voting goes, does everybody on the site get to vote or only those registered in the contest?

backwoodschopper

Post Wed May 21, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

everybody does

Stevster

Post Wed May 21, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Sleepyeyed wrote:
So I understand how the H2H works, but as far as voting goes, does everybody on the site get to vote or only those registered in the contest?

anyone with 10 or more regular contest entries can vote for the h2h. Cool

edovan

Post Wed May 21, 2008 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Are there any unregistered visitor votes? no...?

How are ties cleared out without unregistered voters? First posted entry? Random? Confused
Granulated

Post Wed May 21, 2008 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
Are there any unregistered visitor votes? no...?

How are ties cleared out without unregistered voters? First posted entry? Random? Confused

maybe whoever posted first ?

Eragon

Post Wed May 21, 2008 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

its random...try to refresh .... Cool

kfroese

Post Fri May 23, 2008 2:00 am   Reply with quote         

does anyone have an idea as to why some matchups are voted on more/less than others? personally, i make it a practice to go thru the entire list and vote on each one. do some people not want to take the time to vote on each matchup? or do they only vote on the ones that include their friends or people who's artwork they like? i don't know, maybe this is a dumb question, but i'm just curious why not every matchup has the same number of total votes ...

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 23, 2008 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

It always starts ouit that way and I guess the top choppers would get looked at first and then if time permits people check back to finish..I took 2 days to do my voting for the h2h...I remember last year it was the same and by the end it sorted it self out, I think it was even all round b=y the completion of the round.

but votes re a person preference and if hey dont wanna vote then they dont have to.

Hope that helps ya

kfroese

Post Fri May 23, 2008 2:44 am   Reply with quote         

thanks. i see what you're saying. it would just suck if your matchup was near the bottom of the list and had less total votes than others, and you ended up losing by a couple of votes.

Prince Laurent

Post Fri May 23, 2008 2:53 am   Reply with quote         

kfroese wrote:
does anyone have an idea as to why some matchups are voted on more/less than others? personally, i make it a practice to go thru the entire list and vote on each one. do some people not want to take the time to vote on each matchup? or do they only vote on the ones that include their friends or people who's artwork they like? i don't know, maybe this is a dumb question, but i'm just curious why not every matchup has the same number of total votes ...

I don't vote for impolite entries : there are great choppers, only to not be banished, who post pics totally unworthy of their usual skills Twisted Evil . Then, after losing time to watch two bad -anonymous- pics , I might not give my vote for this lazy one.

Friendly Wink
PL Razz

malnsk

Post Mon May 26, 2008 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

i really like the sound of H2H 2008
i will take some time today and read all the details about it.

maybe i will even enter....who knows(well actually....i do know...but i just wrote that to keep you in dillema) Twisted Evil

peace out

Netwel

Post Mon May 26, 2008 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

malnsk wrote:

maybe i will even enter....who knows

Now that would be magic!

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

i noticed recently that when you view an H2H matchup repeatedly, that the order of the 2 images isn't always the same. i'm wondering if the system randomly swaps the order, or if it's in fact a direct reflection of votes, that the entry with the most votes is on top ... just curious ... does anyone know?

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

kfroese wrote:
i noticed recently that when you view an H2H matchup repeatedly, that the order of the 2 images isn't always the same. i'm wondering if the system randomly swaps the order, or if it's in fact a direct reflection of votes, that the entry with the most votes is on top ... just curious ... does anyone know?

It's randomized.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - voting in H2H - Reply to topic