Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Interview w/ oscar - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

should oscar be allowed to come back to psc?

undecided

20%

20%

[ 13 ]

no

26%

26%

[ 17 ]

yes

52%

52%

[ 33 ]

Total Votes: 63

ReinMan

Post Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:
Quote:
Oscar says:
I got no warrnings

There were warnings from as long ago as Jan. 2007.
Oscar/finestcall knows why.
That's all I'm going to say.

Rash, can you or one of the other MODS tell us the 'type' of ban that Oscar is under? A forever ban? A "you gotta get your shit together, dude, and show us you've done that" ban? What up?

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 27, 2008 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Rash, can you or one of the other MODS tell us the 'type' of ban that Oscar is under? A forever ban? A "you gotta get your shit together, dude, and show us you've done that" ban? What up?

Rein....much love...
The most I can say right now is that his fate is still under review.

ReinMan

Post Tue May 27, 2008 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:
ReinMan wrote:

Rein....much love...
The most I can say right now is that his fate is still under review.

Fair enough.

Manly hugs back atcha!

So - based on that, I would say let the voting continue. Oscar, seems you is STILL in SCHOOL. Be a good PUPIL and OPEN YOUR EYES DOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Post Tue May 27, 2008 10:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

dewdew

Post Tue May 27, 2008 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

AWwwwwweeee the poor putty tat fall down ......and go.....BOOM Laughing Laughing ......What???....that was funny......maybe not to Oscar, but i gotta kick out of it. Twisted Evil

Oscar, dude... your own your own....i am just bearly hanging on myself. So i'll just stay nuetral. I do know a few wanted me banned, and i'm sure still do. If i am not mistaken.....Oscar was one of the lenching mob fueling the fire on the ban DEW smackdown. GOTTA LOVE KARMA. Twisted Evil

I don't think anyone here really wants ya banned, Not even Synthvet. I also don't see the community as folks who hold much of a grudge. (actually learned that from EVE). Then take into consideration that Proc is about as mean as a goldfish. (i mean that in a good way Proc.. Mr. Green The world has too many pitbulls now Wink ) I would say your ban is most likely a TEMP kinda deal.

arcaico

Post Wed May 28, 2008 12:44 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
arcaico wrote:
I'm confused... who's Blank??? And why he talks to himself in the behalf of himself??

"Blank said to Blank he's gonna talk to Blank..."
sorry "BLANK" are the names of psc members that i chose to have censored so as to not upset them by giving out their identity w/out their permission "BLANK" is not necessarily the same person i hope that helps explain it.

did I forget to use the sarcasm font??

it's funny how the total votes sum 99%...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 28, 2008 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
GOTTA LOVE KARMA. Twisted Evil

I don't think anyone here really wants ya banned, Not even Synthvet. I also don't see the community as folks who hold much of a grudge. (actually learned that from EVE).

True! I believe in Karma...and not holding grudges.
...but some folk do, dewdew.

re: Oscar, I think he's pretty remorseful. House arrest sound right to me. Twisted Evil

ScionShade

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:05 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry Rashdog. You've been bumping heads with FC since he first entered this site. He made claims then that he has repeated
dozens and dozens of times over and over again. Why should he curb his behavior to please you when you, and all mods are selective of enforcement of site rules, completely set aside all and any site rules when it might impinge on your fun, refuse to clearly state, and enforce site rules, allow site rules to be set aside for friends, and then when someone like him who did not manage to make buddy buddy with the mods acts the least bit out of line they get jumped on. He's been making the point for a long long time and he is right. His misbehavior was a protest that completely stemmed from his indignation at the misbehavior of site administrators, and again..he is in the right.
Rashdog should never have been the mod to specifically confront Oscar. They've been at each other's throats since he joined psc.
This action was more than inappropriate, it was hypocritical.
We are well past the point where the new site owner needs to set aside the old mods, and the newer ones that don't wanna do the job and start from scratch. We need all new mods, mods that actually represent the users of this site and not just the old hangers on from years ago, and we need a set of site rules that is clearly defined and enforced without favoritism.

bx3800

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

I say we give him the three strikes rule:.

He's on two now right?

Strike three, he's done son!

Arrow

Martrex

Post Wed May 28, 2008 2:21 am   Reply with quote         

So Oscar's laying flat on the executioners table with the IV in his arm, and the clock ticks, ticks, towards twelve and everyone is in the observation area staring at the red phone hanging there inside the chamber. Will the Governor call?

Post Wed May 28, 2008 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

i think oscar's worth saving. i plan to do a bit of CPR on him... where are my paddles now?? he should be good as new now :slicetool: The patient lives. :healingbrushtool:

annajon

Post Wed May 28, 2008 2:58 am   Reply with quote         

I think Oscar has had enough of a scare - I got caught by the Rickroll the first time, so I was just feeling like: "man, we passed that station a long time ago..."
it's not funny anymore.

And actually, I was more refering to him using an alarmist thing to make us push that link. Because the trouble of that would be, that next time there really is something to be worried about, nobody would trust Oscar anymore to tell the truth anyway.

And then I did not read that thread anymore. Never thought it would be a sackable offence though. More like OK, here is a warning, a timeout from entering - and then back in the trenches.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed May 28, 2008 2:59 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
arcaico wrote:
I'm confused... who's Blank??? And why he talks to himself in the behalf of himself??

"Blank said to Blank he's gonna talk to Blank..."
sorry "BLANK" are the names of psc members that i chose to have censored so as to not upset them by giving out their identity w/out their permission "BLANK" is not necessarily the same person i hope that helps explain it.

did I forget to use the sarcasm font??

it's funny how the total votes sum 99%...
sorry dude i just thought w/ dp asking the same thing... that people were getting confused w/ it.

yello_piggy

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

dont know all the story behind, but I would be kind of sorry, if oscars work would be banned from psc forever. maybe it would be enough, like a second-level-warning, to ban him temporarly, or to disable his account to post any links in the forums. Confused

edovan

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 am   Reply with quote         

Let him in again, in a week or so. I didn't experience any troubles with that Rick Roll thing (maybe it's browser dependant?), but others obviously did.
Reading the conversation between NGSP and Oscar it seems like he realises that he should not even try to do anything similar again, which (I guess) is the important thing here. However, IF he does it again, I'd go for a perm-ban without a doubt.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Interview w/ oscar - Reply to topic