Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - who cares? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

12 pics never to be seen again...

what I really would like is to see if my images are accepted or not. If they're for some reason thrown down the bin, then atleast let me know in some way...

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
1. The source shuffling needs to be better shuffled.

AMEN BROTHA!!!!! Cool

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

This is a good subject, if you look at how many PSC members there are, and how many people actually enter, vote, post source pics, and then, vote on the source, is very low, very low in deed, I have entered many, and have had more than a few get selected, and to me, I think that is right up there with winning the contest, in some ways even better. So yes, make access to that page easy, and we should all do more to submit pics, however at the moment, for me...ahem, my Advantage ran out Crying or Very sad I'll be back soon though, I have to get back to work, so someone vote on the image of the day for me OK? Confused Wink

cafn8d

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
the button should be more prominent.
we were talking about this in chat a few months ago, there should be 21 options to vote for.
top 7 are auto sellected,
middle 7 are resubmitted,
bottom 7 are deleted, never to be seen again, but,,,,,,,,, we need a lot more voters for this to work, also at least 14 new pix submitted by you lot each week,
any coders out there who could make this work?

I remember soon after we started being able to "vote" on source images, JMH explained in chat how it was set up: Submitted images are screened by the mods and/or admin. Ones they accept are added to the pool. The programing draws images randomly from that pool. Every day, the four images that don't win are returned to the image pool and are randomly drawn for voting again at later dates.

Basically, we're not exactly voting "for" source images. We're only choosing which image, of any given 5, we would like to work with first. I agree that we'd need more possible sources and more voters to make it work, but I like Splodge's suggestions. Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote for the sources nearly everyday. It was a really nice addition for the site.

Personally, I'd love to go back to showing just 5 days of source. Nobody seems to take advantage of seeing 30 days worth...it's overwhelming.

I think everyone did a lot better when it was a quick look, choose a source, and chop it.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:51 am   Reply with quote         

I take advantage of it Eve, I pre posted 19 days i advance in March, as I knew I was going to be gone for 2 weeks, so without the feature I would have been screwed Laughing which some people probably think is another reason why it should be back to 7 pre posts Laughing

but I like the freedom to avoid a batch of more difficult sources to chop a fun quicker idea, and leave the more complex sources until I have the time....

back on topic though, unless I am not here I vote for a possible upcoming source image everyday.

Alexhaha

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

I remember the wall art. I care about the wall art. Wall art is good.

Granulated

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

Alexhaha wrote:
I remember the wall art. I care about the wall art. Wall art is good.

you speak wisely !

Granulated

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I vote for the sources nearly everyday. It was a really nice addition for the site.

Personally, I'd love to go back to showing just 5 days of source. Nobody seems to take advantage of seeing 30 days worth...it's overwhelming.

I think everyone did a lot better when it was a quick look, choose a source, and chop it.

yeh.. I also prefer the 5 day thing.

30 is a joke

TheShaman

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Eve wrote:

30 is a joke

I third this. I liked it a lot better only seeing the next 5 days. Seeing 30 images to chop gets very overwhelming, and I loose all focus. Instead of coming up with good ideas, I end up skipping whole blocks of images, because my brain starts swimming...

OH LOOK A CHICKEN!

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I was never here for the 5 day thing... but I like the 30 day thing. I don't have a lot of time to chop anymore, but when I do, I am now taking my time on a chop and not rushing them any more.

I like that. I can work on a chop 3 weeks out, spend a week, unrushed, and feel I did a great job. Also during that time I can look at them again and again, then fix it if I feel there are errors or things missing.

However I do get overwhelmed when looking for my next idea and source to use. So I guess I can see your point there... Smile

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

5 day ass

30 day woo hoo

ReinMan

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Eve wrote:

30 is a joke

I third this. I liked it a lot better only seeing the next 5 days. Seeing 30 images to chop gets very overwhelming, and I loose all focus. Instead of coming up with good ideas, I end up skipping whole blocks of images, because my brain starts swimming...

OH LOOK A CHICKEN!

I absoFuckingLutely want the old 5 day back. This site went from Cool Guerrilla Chopping site to a "LET'S SEE HOW FRICKING FUSSY THE DUDE's (and dudettes) WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS CAN MAKE THEIR CHOPS IF YOU GIVE THEM A FRICKIN MONTH TO CHOP IT" site.

Then answer, by the way, is WAY FUSSY. Huh..

Anywho - why should those of us who've supported this site for almost HALF A FRICKIN DECADE have any say in it? Good point. I'll go drink with Anfa and Arcaico now... Evil or Very Mad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - who cares? - Reply to topic