Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What should I do? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Right now i've got Nova photo explosion deluxe and it's not the best program. So i've been looking and all the Photoshops are spendy (i'd be fine with a cs2) anyone know of some good priced new or used Adobe cs2's ????

splodge

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

photoshop 7 should be more than enough for anyone but the most professional users

Hallcross Toots
nog

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Find a friend or relative in school and have them buy you the educational version.

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

MorganMurphy wrote:
Right now i've got Nova photo explosion deluxe and it's not the best program. So i've been looking and all the Photoshops are spendy (i'd be fine with a cs2) anyone know of some good priced new or used Adobe cs2's ????

I use Paint Shop Pro 10. Found it on line for $29. It may not do everything PS can do, but I love it.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
photoshop 7 should be more than enough for anyone but the most professional users

What do you use and what more does the cs2 do???

Also how much can you get the ps7 for???

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

nog wrote:
Find a friend or relative in school and have them buy you the educational version.

Whats the advantage??? cheaper???

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
MorganMurphy wrote:

I use Paint Shop Pro 10. Found it on line for $29. It may not do everything PS can do, but I love it.

Is that what you make your awesome GIF's with???

nog

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I believe so....

Go to Adobe.com/solutions/education (industries)

splodge

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

i use PSCS2 on my computer although i have PSCS3 i never use it, on the girl friends computer i use PS7 and i dont miss anything from the bigger programs, PS7 is still not cheep though you might be able to get a second hand copy with key from ebay now everyone is upgrading

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adobe-Photoshop-7-0-Full-retail-version_W0QQitemZ220241447835QQihZ012QQcategoryZ51344QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hallcross Toots
Tawiskaro

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

MorganMurphy wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
MorganMurphy wrote:

I make the frames in layered files in PSP, then save them as individual JPG images. I import them into Jasc Animation Shop to string them together, resize them as a group, and set timings.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
MorganMurphy wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
MorganMurphy wrote:

I make the frames in layered files in PSP, then save them as individual JPG images. I import them into Jasc Animation Shop to string them together, resize them as a group, and set timings.

Can you make transparent backgrounds in this program??

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

MorganMurphy wrote:

Yes.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
MorganMurphy wrote:

Yes.

Surprised

I'm interested!

Not to annoy you but....

1Does it have a good trimming tool?

2Does it have an option where you can save work (for example leave text and unmerged photos) editable later.

3. Is it hard or simple to learn,

4, would you reccomend it?

5. what is the biggest thing you don't like about it?

When I buy the next program I want to have one I'll keep for a while and like sooo if you'd be so kind answer those questions.

Thanks a MIllion!

Micose

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

u can go really for a CS2 copy or even a 8.0 ill do evthg u describe

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

MorganMurphy wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
MorganMurphy wrote:

Yes.

Surprised

I'm interested!

Not to annoy you but....

1Does it have a good trimming tool?

2Does it have an option where you can save work (for example leave text and unmerged photos) editable later.

3. Is it hard or simple to learn,

4, would you reccomend it?

5. what is the biggest thing you don't like about it?

When I buy the next program I want to have one I'll keep for a while and like sooo if you'd be so kind answer those questions.

Thanks a MIllion!

1. Yes. I generally use a point-to-point selection tool with feathering, but there are other methods.

2. Yes--if you mean saving stuff in unmerged layers. You can create hundreds of layers and keep them unmerged. It also imports PS PSD files, though not every PS feature is supported. Once in a while the killer choppers here will make a PSD file available. You can use PSP to see how they accomplished their effects.

3. Simple to get started. Like anything complex, it takes time and patience. I'm still learning after 7 months.

4. For 30 bucks (shop around) you won't lose much if you don't like it. I'd recommend it, but you might get the same bang for free with the GIMP.

5. I really hate that it doesn't take my ideas and chop them to my expectations while I sit back and gargle beer. Maybe when I know more about chopping I'll have complaints, but right now nothing serious comes to mind. I can only compare it to PSP 7 and a couple of obscure shareware programs, because that's all I have used.

I did have one really strange occurrence that required re-installation. I somehow duplicated my main menu choices. I had two File, two Edit, two Help selections, etc. This may have been related to my having downloaded a trial version from Corel, then installed from a disk without uninstalling the trial version. Once I whacked all the files and re-installed, I had no problems.

Final recommendation: find the trial to download. Worked for me.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What should I do? - Reply to topic