Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Your H2H entry comments. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

mikey

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Lot's of great entries! Very Happy congrats!

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Deshone's was top. Best this round.

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
NO filter Marco...i have the tut instructions for the BG in a notebook if ya need them....and the grid for the guy is sqiggly because it was hand drawn...what can i say...i'm not CAPT. STEADY with a stylus.. The floor is the floor....and the bg walls are the walls..(or windows).....look you'll see the grids.

Slipping through...... Laughing oohhhh well. Rolling Eyes

I know what happened to ARC. He was busy having a life......you know, we can have those outside PSC....it's o.k.....no rules to say ya can't.

Granted...i have been extremely lucky in the H2H...so what?....you wanna blame me for that or say i used filters....... Laughing whatever.

I thought you did a very nice job. That's a good effort!
kfroese

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2065/trench-in-somme.html?l=&o=votes
I knew it was an old source from here, and still loved it. Not like you didn't do a lot of the work yourself

thanks Shaman. i bet the odds of that happening will only increase in the future. i found it thru wikimedia: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Cheshire_Regiment_trench_Somme_1916.jpg

Stevster

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

vunt van pumununt wrote:

Desh used the ice filter in CS3, what a cheat. Evil or Very Mad

Goat1981

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
vunt van pumununt wrote:

Desh used the ice filter in CS3, what a cheat. Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Laughing Laughing

splodge

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

you all got lucky, well half of you did Very Happy

Hallcross Toots
dewdew

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

TY BILL....i do put time into my chops too. Granted...most was wasted on TRYING instead of being able to DO....but hey, no-one is born with SUPERCHOPPING POWERS.
Some how my learnig curve has turned into an oval track....but i got her floored. Very Happy Now if i slam into the rear of anyones car....let me say that i'm not trying to ram you as much as i am trying to slow mine down....FORGOT THE BRAKES on mine. Wink

Serious had a very nice entry...and i would have swore the Marco blue were reverse as far as owners.... Confused .....i guess the first wasp tie down Blue did is why.

dewdew

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
you all got lucky, well half of you did Very Happy

Do you have any idea how much effort i had to put into someone setting ARCS alarm clock wrong...LUCK hell....i had to call half BRAZIL...i hate to see the phone bill.

TheShaman

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

just remember dewdew...

rubbins' racin'!

Laughing

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
just remember dewdew...

rubbins' racin'!

Laughing

hitting the pace car ain't. Laughing

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Some how my learning curve has turned into an oval track....but i got her floored.

Laughing Did you come up with that yourself, or is it just a saying I've never heard before? I LOLed. See you in round 4. Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Haha, hilarious theme. But why does he seem to enjoy being chased? Is he fearless perhaps?

Although I got less questions about this than I was expecting (only 1, ha!) I wanted to explain why I left his expression that way...

I was originally planning to give him a "running for his life" sort of expression, but after I had painted it and had the basic layout for the dogs, I really thought it looked great how much he seemed to be having fun. I could imagine this guy enjoying giving the dogs a run, more like a friendly chase than the run-of-the-mill dogs-eating-the-postman sort of stuff that abounds.

Anyhow, my favorites of this round were:

Best of Show Overall : vunt van pumununt - best entry of the round IMHO. At least, it was the only entry that had me actually having a visible (and audible) reaction upon seeing it.

Best Technical Chop : clonestamp trooper - Well, this one is obvious. I can understand the difficulty in clean-ups like these, which is fortunate, since a lot of people seem to not realize the skill they require. There's nothing wrong with a "simple" clean-up, as they are far from simple. Awesome work, glad to see someone did it. (It was my default plan)

Honorable Mention : Deshone - yeah, yeah...the ever-popular and original ice chop... Wink regardless, it was very well done and I had a weird dream last night about running around smashing rugby player ice sculptures with a sledge hammer, so...yeah... Hmmm

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
NO filter Marco...

respect Dew in that case, I studied both yours for a good while, been a while since I used most the filters that just do near pointless things, so I apologise in that case. I had an idea in my mind of what they should have looked like, and in the end made a wrong assumption.

I dislike nearly all filters, they cause people to be lazy, and get poor results, for you to take the time to do it yourself, your learning, and thats what it all about.

Good one Dew Very Happy

dewdew

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

No worries....i just did not want anyone thinking it was a 1 click wonder. Laughing..but make no mistake about it...I AM LAZY.... Cool ...i'll watch a tut before reading one in a heart beat. Laughing

edit...MASON .... Evil or Very Mad ...I HATE YOU..... starting MONDAY, TIL NEXT FRIDAY anyway. After that i may root for ya....we can't let REY get it. Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Your H2H entry comments. - Reply to topic