Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - June 08 - more questions - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

WhimSea

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

Remember back to the days when we read about what we were reading, we were wearing, what our desktops looked like and what we ate for breakfast? times seemed so more carefree back then. It was only last June, but many things have changed for us... and I wonder if Tofu can still afford steak and crab salad... Very Happy
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7772&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So now I ask some more questions of you... more of leaner, tougher times for us.

of sound mind and body...
1. do you find yourself worrying more about chops or money these days?

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement....
....how long have you lived there?

3. how do you pay your bills? job, trust fund or social security?
....if you have a job, what do you do?
....if you're retired, what did you used to do, and what do you do with your time now?
....if you live on a trust fund, will you adopt me?

4. where were you born? a hospital, a car, or perhaps a barn?

lean...
5. how do you get around town? your car, city transportation, walk?

6. how much is gas where you live? if you drive have you cut back due to the price?

7. how have you cut back or thinking of making changes due to the prices?

8. have your summer vacation plans changed due to fuel costs?

green...
9. plastic or paper?

10. bottled water or tap?

11. do you recycle? how so?

luxuries....
12. free tv, dish, cable or other?

13. eating out more, or less?

in the news....
14. if you could pick anyone you wanted to be the next president, who would it be?

15. anything you'd like to add or ask?

WhimSea

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Money!

2. where do you live - your own house - yes.
....how long have you lived there? 16 years

3. how do you pay your bills? job - advertising graphic artist

4. where were you born? in a hospital

lean...
5. how do you get around town? my car

6. how much is gas where you live? $4.17 a gallon yesterday.
if you drive have you cut back due to the price? not really, but watching the tank more.

7. how have you cut back or thinking of making changes due to the prices? thinking about shutting off the cable and going with the digital converter box... or just free analog this year

8. have your summer vacation plans changed due to fuel costs? no. actually taking 2 vacations here shortly

green...
9. plastic or paper? plastic.... my bad!

10. bottled water or tap? tap, unless it tastes funny then I'll buy a gallon of filtered water.

11. do you recycle? how so? cans, paper, glass at home. Bring tossed paper home from office to throw in my recycling bin.

luxuries....
12. free tv, dish, cable or other? free in one room, $46/mo cable in the other currently

13. eating out more, or less? actually more, but as cheaply as possible - signed up for dining miles recently

in the news....
14. if you could pick anyone you wanted to be the next president, who would it be? Hillary Clinton

15. anything you'd like to add or ask? Last june things seemed more relaxed and fun. since then my mom turned 90, my purse was stolen, my sister got breast cancer, my cat had surgery, job security has been precarious, gas prices have soared, people have transferred out of our office to save on gas money leaving us wondering if our office will close due to lack of workers, vacation planning is very expensive, my credit card is nearly maxed out, my house needs repairs and my health insurance is refusing to pay a big bill.

Synthvet

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 am   Reply with quote         

money, duh!

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement....

my own house, about 6 miles from Mount Vernon, Oregon

28 years

Photography Studio

....if you're retired, what did you used to do, and what do you do with your time now?

no.......... Laughing

hospital (so they say)
lean...

2006 Ford Escape

6. how much is gas where you live? if you drive have you cut back due to the price?

$4.39 a gallon

drive only when I have to......my trips to town are much more thought out now

not really

green...
9. plastic or paper?

plastic...........gonna get those reusable shopping bags though

tap.....from a spring on my property

no

luxuries....

dish

never..........unless I'm out of town...........which is almost never

in the news....
14. if you could pick anyone you wanted to be the next president, who would it be?

Maya Angelou.....don't know if she'd make a good president, but the speeches would be great

oh, not really

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:45 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing

WhimSea

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

air conditioning yeah! more of a need here in the desert than luxury. And those summer bills will knock any gasoline bill right out of the ballpark around here. $70 a month for gas sure beats a $230 summer electric bill! ha!

annajon

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:16 am   Reply with quote         

Still the same as last year - both equal

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement.... how long have you lived there?
in a rented house - almost 19 years now

our benevelent government pays me sick pay

Administrative work

Sure - do you come with a small cage or a handy basket?

In the backroom of a shop (my parents first "appartment")

lean...
On foot and on my bicycle - sold my car 23 years ago.

6. how much is gas where you live?
Almost 1.60 Euros per liter (times 3.7854 is how you get to the gallon) 6.05 euro's per gallon = 9.98 US dollars (today... Confused )

Drink less alcohol for a start

Yep, have not had a vacation in 25 years due to funds shortage

green...
9. plastic or paper?
The latest findings are that plastic (when recycled!!!) is the BEST option. Paper still costs trees, plastic bags can be made from recycled plastic these days.

Tapwater any day. Cost effective and taste and quality overhere are just as good.

Yes, bottles, paper, batteries, carton boxes, green stuffs etc. Clothes go to special collection points and I "buy" most of my furniture by the way side (finders keepers) and in second hand shops. (Exept beds)

luxuries....
Cable TV, DSL computer - no digital tv for me.

I don't eat outdoors - unless it's a picknick

in the news....
Can we dispense with politics all together? would that not be cheaper?

Why do you want to know all these things? Raising Brow

jkmansell

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Money Being self employed software consultant, the automotive industry directly affects what I do so if less people are driving, the more impact on my business, less money.

Rent for the first time in a long time!

Job
Answered above but I sell, install and train on Automotive Management and repair information.

Hospital, Floyd County Georgia

Full size gas guzzling SUV or my Jeep

$4.05/gal and now I plan my routes carefully.

Since rising fuel prices affects almost everything, less eating out, more staying home, thinking my own garden Smile

Yes, used to go Rock Crawling (Jeep Style) 4 times a year, this year it will only be one out of state trip.

green...
9. plastic or paper?
Plastic, can't get paper around here anymore.

Tap thats filtered

Sometimes, depends on how heavy the regular garbage gets with all those beer bottles in it. Then I put them in the recycle bin Laughing

luxuries....
Basic cable with high speed internet.

A lot less than a year ago.

in the news....
Me?

Uh....nope

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

1. do you find yourself worrying more about chops or money these days? No worry for either at all.

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement....Own home.
....how long have you lived there? Seven years in this house.

jobbalobbadingdong
....if you have a job, what do you do? Hug,fondle,groom, and basically molest trees.

St.Joe's
lean... ...............lean?
5. how do you get around town? your car, city transportation, walk? Putt-Putt the car.

6. how much is gas where you live? if you drive have you cut back due to the price? $4.09- no cutting down..I am a minimalist driver already.

7. how have you cut back or thinking of making changes due to the prices? Haven't cut back, and my thoughts are squarely on revolution, and the destruction of our now defunct government to be replaced by a more representative body that is of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Possibly..I have waffled on a few trip[s around the state, and quite possibly fuel costs had an effect in these decisions.
I could possibly just be going through a real, "I'm feeling too lazy to drive allover" phase.
green........................green?
9. plastic or paper?
Trying to make a habit of switching to canvas by keeping sacks in the cars.

Bottled.

recycle..curb pick-up.
luxuries.......luxuries?
cable

same

in the news....the news?
Me. hands down.

I dumped 22 yards of mulch in the driveway just yesterday.
It's a bit much, and possibly more than I need. If anyone would like some, feel free to stop over, and load up on it.
Also, I am picking up my brand spanking new Fender guitar this evening. Paying $100 for it, and it comes with a neat little stand, and an amp.

mellowdesign

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

see below! Not sure why but it posted twice when I edited it!

mellowdesign

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

money usually

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement.... how long have you lived there?
moved back with my folks when set up my business -still there...

jobs

freelance graphic designer

I don't, but if I did, sure...?

Hospital

lean...
Car, bike, feet

6. how much is gas where you live?
far too expensive

I haven't...and my car service just cost £350. Urg.

Nope...I just need to earn more to pay for them!!

green...
9. plastic or paper?
Paper

Bottled or filtered from the tap

Paper, bottles and tins. Collected.

luxuries....
Analogue tellie, wireless connection for macs via cable

About the same...with friends sometimes

in the news....
Jesus Christ

Owls are the only birds that can see the colour blue.

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
air conditioning yeah! more of a need here in the desert than luxury. And those summer bills will knock any gasoline bill right out of the ballpark around here. $70 a month for gas sure beats a $230 summer electric bill! ha!

Ya ever try making yourself a 'swamp cooler'?

WhimSea

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a swamp cooler - and have never turned it on. Actually had it disconnected as I can't stand what they feel like. They only work out here on certain days, sometimes just certain times of the day and frankly, if I wanted to have that much heat and humidity (like a swamp!), I'd move to Florida! bwahahahahaha

ahhhhh, more questions to know more about my artist friends.... make us not feel alone, if you are, that you have things in common or perhaps get ideas from each other.

It's nice to know a couple of you would consider adoption! Very Happy

IKEA had their big blue totes for a buck a couple years ago - thought that would be good to keep in the car to carry stuff. The thing is too damn big! I found it to be ENORMOUS when fully opened and when I actually put a bunch of stuff in it... brother! I needed a wagon just to carry it from the car to my work! So note to everyone - if you get a reusable tote to use, make sure it's not big enough to put too much stuff to carry in it! ha! If you think it's neat to be able to tote around that much stuff without paper or plastic, then get a little red wagon.

Scion - you rock! you jobbalobbadingdong-tree huggin'-canvas sacks in the car-and mulch-in-the-driveway-artist you! Very Happy Good luck on your new guitar... kinda getting a thought about Marty in Back to the Future, turning the amp wayyyyy up, strumming the guitar -- and getting blown clear across the room. Yeah. Good times. Look forward to seeing you on the road to the White House!

Annajon - wow! 23 years without a car! well seeing how your gas comes to nearly $10 a gallon I can see why! I salute you for non-car ways! But I'd sure like if you could vacation. Hopefully you "vacation" on the internet... not the same, but a mind vacation is better than no vacation. "13. eating out more, or less?
I don't eat outdoors - unless it's a picknick" funny girl! Very Happy

JK - I remember your photos of the jeep rock crawling. Perhaps a jeep tour where someone else is doing the gas buying will help suppliment the need for a jarring jeep ride! There are many jeep/hummer tour companies out here. I'm sure they're all over. Maybe could throw in a new thing like white water river rafting too! Good luck on your road to the White House! You might bump into Scion or Maya on the way!

Synthvet - $4.39?! poor you! literally! You know maybe recycling some cans, glass & plastic bottles could help fund your ride! When I lived in California, the grocery stores had machines that you got a nickel or dime for 1 or 2 cans or bottles... that was 16 years ago - prices must have gone up since then.

Found this online while looking for coors box art... "money from recycling = 21.99. 30 pack of coors light = 21.99. the circle of life is complete."

I've got an old boyfriend that makes lots of money from buying and selling junk metal - old cars, etc., so recycling doesn't have to be limited to cans & bottles.

No one born in a barn. Good to know. And no hybrid car owners here?

And nobody mentioned PSC as a luxury! That's nice.

shanomoo

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

Money!

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement.... my own home
....how long have you lived there? 2.5 years

3. how do you pay your bills? job, trust fund or social security? job!
....if you have a job, what do you do? I work at Charter Communications, let me know if you need your bill fixed Wink

4. where were you born? a hospital, a car, or perhaps a barn? A hospital

lean...
5. how do you get around town? your car, city transportation, walk? My car

3.79 for regualar unleaded. Yes-i put my car in neutral everytime i go down a hill

my husband and i are trying to get on close to the same schedule so we can drive 1 car the 50mile round trip daily instead of twice.

8. have your summer vacation plans changed due to fuel costs? there is such a thing as summer vacation???

green...
9. plastic or paper? plastic!

10. bottled water or tap? well water is the best, but after that, bottled only if its dasani..

11. do you recycle? how so? i recycle plastic grocery bags as trashbags for the bathroom, does that count?

luxuries....
12. free tv, dish, cable or other? free cable.. i work for charter duh

13. eating out more, or less? about the same

in the news....
I think Obama's gonna be good, but at this point anyone who can help our economy would be good.

No not really.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Money. I took a pay cut for this new job. Pair that with the high gasoline and heating fuel prices, higher grocery prices thanks to ethanol eating up all the corn, and rising health costs and I'm stressed.

2. where do you live - your own house, apartment, condo, your parent's basement........how long have you lived there?
Well I currently own my house (in the sense that I'm paying the mortgage for another 27 years anyway). We've been in it for just about 3.5 years at the moment. I even announced the purchase here at PSC before I told my RL family! Laughing

I now work full-time as a web developer and all-around-it-person for Golden Eagle Log Homes. It's been almost 2 months now. Very Happy Prior to that I was a programmer analyst for the county government for 10 years.

Hospital in Burley Idaho a long time ago.

I drive a 2001 Toyota Highlander now. Last year it was a '95 Ford Taurus. My how times change in a year! Shocked

Right now they're hovering at $3.99 a gallon for unleaded. I drive 5.25 miles to work so it's not too bad. My wife drives ~15 miles one-way to work so we feel it more with her car. She's trying to trade-in for a Volkswagen Beetle.

Yes. We're staying home more often and not eating at restaurants as much.

Yes. We don't drive more than an hour away now.

green...
9. plastic or paper?
Depends on the store and the plastic. Wal-Mart doesn't give a choice anymore. Some of the other stores are using biodegradable bags so I'm fine with using them.

Usually tap but filtered. After all we have a well and not municipal water.

Yes. Local ordinances require us to recycle but I'd do it anyway. We have a bin for "clean" paper (i.e. no boxes that have food stuck to them like pizza boxes) and a container for everything else (the disposal server sorts for us). Only bummer is that only certain plastics are recycled and more and more they're not the ones in our packaging. Sad

luxuries....
Cable. Comes with my broadband 'net connection.

Are we talking food or sex here? Twisted Evil

in the news....

Splodge. He's good to us lot.

Nope. I'm good. Laughing

TheShaman

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

1. do you find yourself worrying more about chops or money these days? Money for sure.

I'm going on 10 years at my town home.

....if you have a job, what do you do? graphic designer

Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Florida

5. how do you get around town? your car, city transportation, walk? car

6. how much is gas where you live? if you drive have you cut back due to the price? last fill up was 3.99 G, but i've seen stations at 4.19 Shocked instead of cutting back, I just drive slower, esp with starts. Got about 20 more miles to my tank last time

7. how have you cut back or thinking of making changes due to the prices? we got rid of HBO so we're down to basic cable, we also don't go to the movies nor eat at fancy restaurants that often anymore.

yep, I'm not going anywhere this year... maybe camping in Wisconsin though.
green...
9. plastic or paper? bought green bags at our local store, I bring them with me.

10. bottled water or tap? filtered tap

11. do you recycle? how so? everything except food goes in my recycle bin, I'm lucky enough to have a recycle place that takes nearly everything in one bin. And If I had my own backyard i'd compost.

luxuries....
12. free tv, dish, cable or other? basic cable through dish

13. eating out more, or less? way less, even bring my own lunch to work

in the news....
14. if you could pick anyone you wanted to be the next president, who would it be? anyone? I'd have to think about that one for a bit... Someone not from the normal Washington mold. But I'd like the next one not to embarrass us further, and maybe pick us up out of the crap we're in. Someone like a Thomas Jefferson.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty". -Thomas Jefferson

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - June 08 - more questions - Reply to topic