Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - $100 CONTEST - Make Wonder Woman - Pg 2 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

cafn8d

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Tesore wrote:

Next time... pay first... blood, sweat & tears later Wink

agreed.

make it a 'real' contest with a gold star on the calendar.

Or, as has been suggested on other "request" threads, put a watermark across the image and only offer it in large format, without a watermark, after you get paid.

But then, this thread was opened as a "CONTEST" not as a "REQUEST." Whether any of the submissions suit his NEEDS or not, he owes one of the choppers (ReyRey, most likely) $100.

Since he has "other work" for chopping, I still say, come join the community and learn to do this stuff for yourself. BlueLurker said it before. Others have said it, too. Offer still stands. Smile

huffin paint

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

winner winner chicken dinner..i think she could have picked a cuter less fat model.. i mean for a hundred bucks this is what she should have gotten.. and i only used 10 dollars worth of photoshop to get this ...pretty sweet huh..Laughing Laughing Laughing o yeah ......

GO STEELERS!!!!..super bowl this sunday!!

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Eve wrote:
I tried to see how it would look (without hurting myself...ouch) and my leg muscles are lateral, even on a slight angle like hers.

Um, you wouldn't happen to <<ahem>> have any, <<ahem>> pictures of that would you?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

dannyboyuk09

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I just hand-painted cape and suit and "stuff" onto her...

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the other version. Especially the symbol on the eye.

dannyboyuk09

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:20 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I like the other version. Especially the symbol on the eye.

Yeah I prefer the face from other but might be "too tribal" for WW or SG maybe... glad you like it. Nice to have someone appreciate your work eh?
Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 am   Reply with quote         

Yep guys I think I am going to go with ReyRey as the winner as it achieves more what I was looking for

It's kept the sex appeal - it's got the right style too it and the colours used in it are nice and vibrant like the chick's little outfit

I like it a lot - it's sharp / fresh / clean and creative

I thought MArco was good but I don't know what you guys think, but I feel in the one's Marco did, I felt the face and the hair went a bit haywire somewhere...somehow and it's lost the sex appeal of the girl

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 am   Reply with quote         

dannyboyuk09 wrote:
I just hand-painted cape and suit and "stuff" onto her...

Yea I way preferred the other one but was't a fan of what you did to her body and the tribal star on her eye

ReyRey

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

I think this thread is a good thing for people who have talent but are not in the business. It shows you what you have to deal with in the art world. Hollisterb may seem like a hard ass but he is a cream puff compared to a lot of people I have dealt with. It will teach people to have a "harder shell" when people comment on their work. I know hollisterb is going to have more projects in the future and I think he should place some of them here again.
(I will not enter) The money may not be great but if you are a newbie, it probably is good money. Rolling Eyes I still think it is a great learning experience.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I think this thread is a good thing for people who have talent but are not in the business. It shows you what you have to deal with in the art world. Hollisterb may seem like a hard ass but he is a cream puff compared to a lot of people I have dealt with. It will teach people to have a "harder shell" when people comment on their work. I know hollisterb is going to have more projects in the future and I think he should place some of them here again.
(I will not enter) The money may not be great but if you are a newbie, it probably is good money. Rolling Eyes I still think it is a great learning experience.

Also I'd like to add - Photoshop is a hobby and things like this are a way of learning, so if I can offer some money, even it is is just a bit - the subject matter isn't exactly something boring and seeing as this has gone onto 11 pages, obviously some people got interested and thought let's have some fun as well as seeing if I can make some money to top it off!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I was looking for something specific and maybe I should have been more clear from the start instead of saying "Wonder Woman"

I'm grateful for all the entries and I have more stuff for sure I'd post in this forum - it's a cool forum and I'm probably going to become a regular poster here now after this so maybe I can learn a trick or two from you guys too Smile

In order of top 3 -

1. Rey
2. Marco
3. Danny Boy

Smile

So Rey Rey is the winner here - thanks guys

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Hollisterb may seem like a hard ass but he is a cream puff compared to a lot of people I have dealt with.

I second that.

cafn8d

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

hollisterb wrote:
- it's a cool forum and I'm probably going to become a regular poster here now after this so maybe I can learn a trick or two from you guys too Smile

- thanks guys

Excellent! Very Happy

And I agree with ReyRey's assessment above.

TheShaman

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
Hollisterb may seem like a hard ass but he is a cream puff compared to a lot of people I have dealt with.

I second that.

yep, I've dealt with some real nut jobs before... All I ask is for direction cause I ain't no mind reader Wink

hollisterb wrote:

I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I was looking for something specific and maybe I should have been more clear from the start instead of saying "Wonder Woman"

I'm grateful for all the entries and I have more stuff for sure I'd post in this forum
In order of top 3 -

1. Rey
2. Marco
3. Danny Boy

Smile

So Rey Rey is the winner here - thanks guys

That is all I was really looking for. Next time, be more clear on what you want, and I bet you'll get way better entries.
No offense taken.

Cheers!

dannyboyuk09

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

I enjoyed working on the subject, look forward to doing more in the future and win some brass he he...

It's nice to have your work displayed here and to have peoples honest opinions on for all to see. I've been "messing" with PS for years now but never been involved in a site like this before so it's a pleasure to meet all of you and I'm really grateful for all the votes etc I get...

I've gone on long enough now just wanted to basically thank you all for making me feel welcome.
Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

Am I too late?

Hello?

Anyone here?

*sound of dripping water and wind in the trees*

Damn!

Huh..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - $100 CONTEST - Make Wonder Woman - Pg 2 - Reply to topic