Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bookmarks? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm   Reply with quote         

So I'm helping to start up a new organization on campus and one of the ways we discussed to generate interest and knowledge about what we do was to create bookmarks and distribute them to everyone. I've been given the task of creating said bookmark and so one of the things I need to do is find a place that would make custom bookmarks cheaply. Rutgers happens to be a gigantic school, so we need to get the information out to thousands of people.

If anyone knows of a good place to order custom bookmarks from, that would be awesome.

And if you can think of other similar ideas that might generate mass interest, I'm certainly all ears.

Thanks a bunch

YerPalAl

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Doesn't Rutgers have an on campus print/copy department? Duke does and they make bookmarks quite often.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

They apparently don't make bookmarks. That was actually the first thing that I thought of too. You'd think that they would

blue_lurker

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:57 am   Reply with quote         

Why not start right here and ask if any one is interested in designing it for you, just for the recognition could be enough for some, but in light of recent events money or prises are an added incentive. Let me know what Ya after and I will do one for free.

Very Happy

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

I frankly wouldn't mind doing that at all, I'd be very interested in the designs that the extraordinarily creative minds here could make. Still, though, the problem of mass production remains.

I'll see about that contest. I doubt I could offer a monetary prize (as a new organization, we're on a really tight budget and have quite a few tight deadlines to make). If I can, I most certainly will. I admire and aspire to be like the talent on this website.

dannyboyuk09

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

hey for the recognition I'd be happy to do one for free also.
I'm pretty sure that any printing co would be happy to offer discount for bulk orders and repeat custom...

Let me know if i can help.

Dan.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

Excuse me, but any print/copy department or shop can produce bookmarks unless you want something "special", like printed on plastic. Its simply a matter of setting up the file so it is reproduce a number of times on a single sheet of receiver (some paper-like product, cover stock gives a decent weight) and then cutting the individual book marks out en mass. Its no big deal. I used to set them up 4 to a letter size sheet then the bindery only needs to make 3 cuts with their large guillotine and you have your product. This is basic printing 101 and you don't need to worry about finding a producer specializing in bookmarks, any printer can do it.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Excuse me, but any print/copy department or shop can produce bookmarks unless you want something "special", like printed on plastic. Its simply a matter of setting up the file so it is reproduce a number of times on a single sheet of receiver (some paper-like product, cover stock gives a decent weight) and then cutting the individual book marks out en mass. Its no big deal. I used to set them up 4 to a letter size sheet then the bindery only needs to make 3 cuts with their large guillotine and you have your product. This is basic printing 101 and you don't need to worry about finding a producer specializing in bookmarks, any printer can do it.

I'll be talking to the Rutgers Printing Department and informing them that they actually do have the ability to make my bookmarks.[/i]

YerPalAl

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Are you telling me they told you they can't do it?

Seriously? Shocked

JORDAN792

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

You should run a contest here to design them. I, as well as a lot of others here would love to do something like that... Like Blue said, the recognition is payment enough! I dont mean to speak for others so I should say others may be interested.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Are you telling me they told you they can't do it?

Seriously? Shocked

To say the least, certain Rutgers departments are well known for being...dumb.

It's okay though...they only raised my tuition by $5000 this year so they could complete the $150 million renovation of our football stadium. Awesome.

YerPalAl

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I am stunned by this, are you sure they are saying they can't produce them or are they saying they can't produce them for free?

This is print one side and trim to size, doesn't get much simpler than this.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Want to borrow my scissors? Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know, Tofu, I can't believe that Rutgers department can't handle a job THIS simple. Maybe they need me up there.

Perhaps I have oversimplified this project. rharrington, what exactly did you ask for?

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

You sure you're not at UNC?
scratch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bookmarks? - Reply to topic