Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
No I didn't. What I was saying in the very next paragraph is that while I have different views than other people, I don't try to force them on others. They work for me, and I don't feel the need to make other people believe what I do.
Perhaps you should look up the definition of pragmatism then.
Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
No, people define DIFFERENT goals, absent an absolute standard there can be no such thing as ‘PROPER goals, and again, that is (one reason) why pragmatism fails.
TutorMe wrote:
No. Different people define PROPER goals differently. If I think working for a car company is the best way to lead a successful and proper life, that is what I define as my proper goal. If someone else thinks working for a shoe company is the best way to lead a successful and proper life, that is what THEY define as their proper goal.
No, where on works may be an avenue to achieve a certain goal, but it is not the goal itself. You yourself define the goal as a” successful and properlife,” but absent an absolute standard, you cannot say what a ‘successful’ or ‘proper’ life is. As I said, pragmatism fails in that it cannot define the proper goals to work towards.
TutorMe wrote:
Personally it doesn't matter if it "works for you." It is offensive none-the-less, and shouldn't be tolerated on the board.
Wouldn’t that make you intolerant of my pragmatic worldview? For shame.
TutorMe wrote:
Like I stated above in this post, "If you would like to know what my beliefs are, I will gladly give you a paper I just finished writing about them if you would agree to just let me believe what I believe without critiquing me and pointing out the 'fallacies' of my world view."
Sorry, I am commanded to “cast down vain reasoning,” better just keep yours (other than pragmatism) to yourself if you do not want it exposed for what it is.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

st1n3r

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

i found the hand of god

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

This thread gives me a headache. I should've realized there's no point in debating this. It's one of those things where no one wins.

Anddd now I have a headache... Shocked

Canuck <º)))><

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 pm   Reply with quote         

rharrington31 wrote:
This thread gives me a headache. I should've realized there's no point in debating this. It's one of those things where no one wins.
I beg to differ Wink

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't feel like wasting my time any further. As I stated in my original post, neither of our views are going to be changed.

Since you find it necessary to be disrespectful while trying to prove your point, I will not continue debating with you.

Tarmac

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 pm   Reply with quote         

rharrington31 wrote:

Then the message is painfully simple ...

.. and be happy Mr. Green

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
rharrington31 wrote:

Then the message is painfully simple ...

.. and be happy Mr. Green

hahahah I love that

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 am   Reply with quote         

Realizing I can't get anywhere in this argument, I have channeled my energy creatively
by writing a short screenplay.

"Proof That Breakfast Exists".

Clerk: Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?

Canuck: I'd like an Egg McMuffin breakfast meal.

Clerk: I'm sorry sir, it's noon and we no longer serve breakfast

Canuck: This is a fallacy. You say it's noon but what is the objective standard of truth in your universe?

Clerk: I don't follow

Canuck: Tell me, how do you account for the universal, unchanging, immaterial laws of breakfast?

Clerk: That's just our policy sir

Canuck: Well then you're a child molester

Clerk: Excuse me?

Canuck: It's one of 2 things - either you're still serving breakfast, or you enjoy fondling children.
Which one is it?

Clerk: Well I'm not a child molester!

Canuck: Good, then we're on the same page. Now throw in an extra hash brown and I'll forget this ever happened.

***Fin***

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Since you find it necessary to be disrespectful while trying to prove your point, I will not continue debating with you.

Well, naturally I disagree with regards to the disrespect, but none was intended. I should have exposed the inconsistency of your worldview without questioning your possible adherence to actions that cannot be considered 'wrong' apart from God. My apologies.

Cheers,

Sye

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

Well, naturally I disagree with regards to the disrespect, but none was intended. I should have exposed the inconsistency of your worldview without questioning your possible adherence to actions that cannot be considered 'wrong' apart from God. My apologies.

Cheers,

Sye

So you don't think implying that I am a "rapist, murderer, terrorist, or child molester" is disrespectful?

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:19 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
Realizing I can't get anywhere in this argument, I have channeled my energy creatively

For those reading along it should be noted that way back on page 6 of this thread, on June 10, 2006 I wrote:

Quote:
Now for all of you paying attention out there note there has not been a response and will not be a response to these questions.

1. How do you account universal, immaterial unchanging laws in a universe without God?
2. What is your justification for the laws of logic in a universe without God?
3. What is your justification for induction in a universe without God.

Pay close attention. These questions will never be answered here.

So now, over 2 and a half years later, no one has yet answered those questions. Sure, go ahead, post your screenplays, and your mockery, but don't think that it is not glaringly obvious that those questions have not been answered.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:19 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

"Proof That Breakfast Exists".

Clerk: Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?

Canuck: I'd like an Egg McMuffin breakfast meal.

Clerk: I'm sorry sir, it's noon and we no longer serve breakfast

Canuck: This is a fallacy. You say it's noon but what is the objective standard of truth in your universe?

Clerk: I don't follow

Canuck: Tell me, how do you account for the universal, unchanging, immaterial laws of breakfast?

Clerk: That's just our policy sir

Canuck: Well then you're a child molester

Clerk: Excuse me?

Canuck: It's one of 2 things - either you're still serving breakfast, or you enjoy fondling children.
Which one is it?

Clerk: Well I'm not a child molester!

Canuck: Good, then we're on the same page. Now throw in an extra hash brown and I'll forget this ever happened.

***Fin***

Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for the laugh. I had a rather shitty day today.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:20 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.tutormetutorials.com/godanddeath.html

These are my views and my reasoning.

I will be removing this within a couple days.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
So you don't think implying that I am a "rapist, murderer, terrorist, or child molester" is disrespectful?
I did not imply that you were, only that since your apparent worldview cannot justify the wrongness of those actions that we can only hope that you were not. That you were offended reveals more about the inadequacy of your worldview, then the perceived offensive nature of my comment. Still, I did apologize.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.