Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
Reading from The Bible, it is clear that God does in fact change his mind.

Clearly you do not understand anthropomorphism, but still, please answer my question: If child molesters became the majority, and abolished all laws regarding child molestation, would it cease to be wrong? This is hardly a debate if I am the only one answering questions.

No. It wouldn't cease to be wrong. I don't have anything to prove WHY it's wrong if that is the case, but it is.

That is exactly my point, you say that it is wrong, but cannot justify it's wrongness. Thanks for the admission, I did not expect it..
TutorMe wrote:
I'll explain my last post this way. According to The Bible, humans have free will.

Please show where the Bible says this.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:44 am   Reply with quote         

useful links to this endless thread.

http://www.biblegateway.com

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:47 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
please answer my question: If child molesters became the majority, and abolished all laws regarding child molestation, would it cease to be wrong?

Certainly in the eyes of many priests.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:48 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
Certainly in the eyes of many priests.

I'm not Catholic, but I'm pretty sure they knew it was wrong.

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
I'll explain my last post this way. According to The Bible, humans have free will.

Please show where the Bible says this.

I'll just quote this site: http://www.biblelife.org/election.htm#7

Quote:
Man's Free Will to do Good or Evil

Throughout Scripture the Bible continuously instructs mankind to make righteous decisions by free will. Many persons misinterpret a few verses to arrive at the false idea that mankind does not have a free will to do good or make righteous decisions. Below are some verses which strongly show that mankind has the responsibility to exercise their free will and is commanded by God to do so.

Deuteronomy 30:11 "For this commandment which I command you today [is] not [too] mysterious for you, nor [is] it far off. 12 "It [is] not in heaven, that you should say, `Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' 13 "Nor [is] it beyond the sea, that you should say, `Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' 14 "But the word [is] very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

Deuteronomy 30:15 "See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 "in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 "But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 "I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong [your] days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Romans 2:10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain [it]. 25 And everyone who competes [for] [the] [prize] is temperate in all things. Now they [do] [it] to obtain a perishable crown, but we [for] an imperishable [crown].

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and [before] Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep [this] commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing.

2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:58 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

I'm not Catholic, but I'm pretty sure they knew it was wrong.

More importantly, let's get back to my screenplay from earlier on...
Who would you cast to play you?
And don't say Jim Caviezel from Passion of the Christ.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:01 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I'll just quote this site

You are confusing 'free will' with 'volition.' Man's will is not free it is in bondage to his sinful nature: "the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so." ~(Romans 8:7)

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:04 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
I'll just quote this site

You are confusing 'free will' with 'volition.' Man's will is not free it is in bondage to his sinful nature: "the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so." ~(Romans 8:7)

I apologize. I used the term incorrectly... However that doesn't change the fact that God did change his mind.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:08 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I apologize. I used the term incorrectly... However that doesn't change the fact that God did change his mind.

No, those passage are anthropomorphisms for our understanding.
Perhaps this will help, here's a quote form Futurama's "The Day the Earth Stood Stupid"
Quote:
Leela: So your real name is Lord Nibbler? That's a coincidence.
Nibbler: “That name is for your sake. In the time it would take to pronounce one letter of my true name, a trillion cosmoses would flare into existence and sink into eternal night.”

Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I apologize. I used the term incorrectly.

And don't sweat that man, even Christians have disagreements in that area.
As far as God's nature with respect to change goes, here is a verse from Malachi: God says "I the Lord do not change." (Malachi 3:6)

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 am   Reply with quote         

I'm just going to go to sleep. You are obviously reluctant to hear other viewpoints. I've wasted too much time on this thread. I've tried to be rational but you aren't even willing to let me believe what I want.

Good night.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I'm just going to go to sleep. You are obviously reluctant to hear other viewpoints.

Um, that's what I've been doing.
TutorMe wrote:
I've wasted too much time on this thread. I've tried to be rational

Again, rationality presupposes the laws of logic, which no one here as even attempted to account for according to their worldview.
TutorMe wrote:
but you aren't even willing to let me believe what I want.

As if I had any say in that. I am merely challenging what you claim to believe, and showing you where it leads.
TutorMe wrote:
Good night.

Goodnight. Thanks for the chat. Smile

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:31 am   Reply with quote         

good thing this is over... so who wants to get a beer ?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 am   Reply with quote         

Logic wrote:
good thing this is over... so who wants to get a beer ?

I'd prefer an Advil followed by a heavy sedative. Talking about religion leaves me with the most absolute hangover.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Well, now you can all see the reason I haven't been chopping for a while.

www.proofthatgodexists.org

or

www.christianityfordummies.com

I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you in chat, and I've met some of you in chat as well Very Happy
With the many varied worldviews I've run into here, I'm sure I will get some interesting feedback from the site. I would only ask for constructive criticism, but in this place, that would be asking for it.

I'm gonna relax for a bit now, but I hope to be back chopping soon.

All the best, and...Enjoy!

Sye
you are in the start saying law of mathematics exist, you say 4 add 3 is 7, well put 4 foxes in a cage at 3 chickens to it, i garantie you in ten minutes there are only 4 foxes left over Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.