Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - freaky email game - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

JORDAN792

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I tried many times and could not fool this thing... http://www.regiftable.com/RegiftingRobinPopUp.html

seelcraft

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

You always get a multiple of 9 (nm - m = n0: n0 - n = (10-1)*n = 9*n). All the 9's have the same word. Cute!

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

seelcraft wrote:
You always get a multiple of 9 (nm - m = n0: n0 - n = (10-1)*n = 9*n). All the 9's have the same word. Cute!
thats true , but the machine picks different numbers alwys correct 9/18/27 etc always correct whats in my mind??????? o yes i got it its always the same name by the nummers 9 18 27 when you start over

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
seelcraft wrote:
thats true , but the machine picks different numbers alwys correct 9/18/27 etc always correct whats in my mind??????? o yes i got it its always the same name by the nummers 9 18 27 when you start over

alright. i don't really know exactly how it works, but i decided to test a theory and it seemed to work consistently. obviously you always end up with a multiple of 9, thereby letting the program know that you can only be thinking of one of those 9 objects. from there, it relies on the fact that people use their mouse to scroll through and read things. for example, i skipped through the first section and decided to leave my mouse on the box with the 27 (it happened to be a bread maker). magically, the program guessed that i was thinking of a bread maker. i decided to next leave my mouse in box 26, which would be close to box 27 (wine press this time). magically it guessed wine press.

the same pattern worked over and over again

the program still relies on user input, but its tricky about the way that it gets this input. you can easily trick the program by leaving your mouse in a totally opposite place from what your number is

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

of course...regifting robin is a whore and every box with a multiple of 9 has the same fuzzy scarf on it this time.

talk about making her job even easier

kinetic_be

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Very cool find, but if you pay attention to the numbers and it's names, and see the corresponding numbers in the rest of the field with their names, it gets quite obvious how it's done Smile
Nevertheless, worth testing!

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I just fooled it.

NOW what?

Confused

JORDAN792

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! you guys are smart! It was fun while it lasted though. Laughing

seelcraft

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
I just fooled it.

NOW what?

Confused

Buy a new calculator! Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
I just fooled it.

NOW what?

Confused

how?

Eepi

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

-10 - 1 - 0 = -11
-11 - 1 - 1 = -13
Very Happy

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I picked 11.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

rharrington31 wrote:
candron wrote:
seelcraft wrote:

alright. i don't really know exactly how it works, but i decided to test a theory and it seemed to work consistently. obviously you always end up with a multiple of 9, thereby letting the program know that you can only be thinking of one of those 9 objects. from there, it relies on the fact that people use their mouse to scroll through and read things. for example, i skipped through the first section and decided to leave my mouse on the box with the 27 (it happened to be a bread maker). magically, the program guessed that i was thinking of a bread maker. i decided to next leave my mouse in box 26, which would be close to box 27 (wine press this time). magically it guessed wine press.

the same pattern worked over and over again

the program still relies on user input, but its tricky about the way that it gets this input. you can easily trick the program by leaving your mouse in a totally opposite place from what your number is

Laughing it's much simpler than that, you're over-thinking it, which I don't understand since you stated yourself it's relying on a basic math pattern, which is "unbeatable" so long as you're playing according to it's rules. Why would you think it uses any sort of hidden cursor detecting system? It doesn't need to...

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's the breakdown:

And the "magic" reveal:

Amazing! Wink

malnsk

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah....i figured it out immediately....just have no clue how does the mouse position fool it

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - freaky email game - Reply to topic