Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Inspiration! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sonic3

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
I have a few scotches and a couple of joints and I pretend I'm Marco. However I then get the munchies, play loud headbanging music and go upstairs to molest the spouse. After all this I then...................get really confused.
Sorry I could not help you more.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thats really funny

kinetic_be

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
I have a few scotches and a couple of joints and I pretend I'm Marco. However I then get the munchies, play loud headbanging music and go upstairs to molest the spouse. After all this I then...................get really confused.
Sorry I could not help you more.

Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Anthrakia wrote:
...Another one that I occasionally use is to get a random word generator such as this one: http://watchout4snakes.com/creativitytools/RandomWord/RandomWordPlus.aspx and just click through a few words until something hits me. Good luck!

~ROBO~

That's AWESOME! I saw the "random paragraph" generator. I put in

Primary subject: chopper's
Secondary subject: block

And I got back this gem:
Quote:
The vanished recipe lusts. A hog adopts chopper's before a tomato. Chopper's captures the unlike pedal. Chopper's bows on top of my factual shell.

Laughing

OOOH! and these beauties:
Quote:
Block scratches the holy thumb. Chopper's towers within block. The sneaking squad shifts past the accused. Should chopper's wreck block?

Quote:
Chopper's attends under a beating percentage. Block activates a questioning ballet below the flown peanut. Chopper's buffers the understanding resemblance after the recipient consumer. Block herds the theme underneath the diverse farmer. Chopper's returns behind block.

Quote:
Chopper mounts block. Before the significant monkey mutters chopper. Block postpones the store profit. The gold despair initiates an intact garden. A colleague demolishes block.

sonic3

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Anthrakia wrote:
...Another one that I occasionally use is to get a random word generator such as this one: http://watchout4snakes.com/creativitytools/RandomWord/RandomWordPlus.aspx and just click through a few words until something hits me. Good luck!

~ROBO~

That's AWESOME! I saw the "random paragraph" generator. I put in

Primary subject: chopper's
Secondary subject: block

And I got back this gem:
Quote:
The vanished recipe lusts. A hog adopts chopper's before a tomato. Chopper's captures the unlike pedal. Chopper's bows on top of my factual shell.

Laughing

OOOH! and this beauty:
Quote:
Block scratches the holy thumb. Chopper's towers within block. The sneaking squad shifts past the accused. Should chopper's wreck block?

Quote:
Chopper's attends under a beating percentage. Block activates a questioning ballet below the flown peanut. Chopper's buffers the understanding resemblance after the recipient consumer. Block herds the theme underneath the diverse farmer. Chopper's returns behind block.

WOW! Thats a whole new topic you started there, gonna have a go myself now

sonic3

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

OH WHAT FUN!

Above sonic exists photoshop. Sonic colors the surprising sympathy on top of a found bug. Sonic indulges near photoshop. Photoshop captains sonic beneath a sequel.

cherylm329

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
Am i the only one who gets really stuck for ideas and inspiration.
Lately i'm finding it really difficult.

Anybody got any tips on how to get my Mojo back?
Sad

Welcome to choppers block! Don't think to hard about it and browse image sites for inspiration, it works for me most of the time. If it doesn't, I usually have a bad chop, lol Laughing

glennhanna

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't force it. In a lot of ways, you are creating a story. Find a subject in a source and create stories in your head about that subject. Where did this subject come from? Why is it where it is now? How does it affect its environment? Who loves this object the most? When was the object most popular? Does it have a different function when working with other objects?

I've found that if the final chop doesn't have a story to go with it, you don't get as many votes.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:04 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
...I've found that if the final chop doesn't have a story to go with it, you don't get as many votes.
This is VERY true. Even Funny chops have a story. Heck Naiko's organic abstracts usually have a story too (It's just that the story is usually different for each person).

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Right now I don't think that I've been chopping long enough to have gotten "chopper's block" yet, but when I'm trying to think of an idea for any particular chop I use a combination of what everyone's said so far.

When chopping, I listen to some instrumental music at first (its typically the soundtracks from Transformers and LOTR 1-3 for the moment).

Occasionally, an idea pops straight to my head. For example, my first chop here was just something that I saw immediately (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/149351/rock-berg.html).

If I don't initially see anything, I'll start cutting out the picture. Sometimes this gets my imagination going, but other times I resort to other tools. Liquify is normally my next tool. I'll typically start elongating or flattening random parts of the image. That's the process I went through for my last entry (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/150462/guitar.html). A picture normally comes to mind and then I'm good to go. In that case, I flattened out the top of the labret and somehow I thought to myself..."GUITAR PEG".

Once the image comes to mind, I normally find one particular genre, artist, album, playlist, or song that gets me in the right state of mind to do the chopping.

I also spend a lot of time looking through design websites and a lot of those ideas help to inspire me. If I see an idea from one of those websites, I'll try to put my own spin on it and present it here. The techniques of the artists from this website help a lot too. Seeing this (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/138501/desire.html) made me attempt this (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/149926/every-mans-dream.html). Granted...his is muchhh better.

Good luck with the chopper's block, though. Hope I could help.

ReinMan

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh! Shocked

Sorry... Huh..

I thought you guys were talking about CHOPPER's BOX.

Never mind... Rolling Eyes Neutral

I'll just walk away now....

dewdew

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 am   Reply with quote         

I just learned to chop UN-INSPIRED. Confused
It's much easier. Wink

I do get some ideas from the thumbnails of the source. Sounds funny but true. For some reason not being able to see the details in the pic gives me ideas the source could become. Hey, my mind scares me too. Laughing

bigbuck

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:25 am   Reply with quote         

Send me a PM after you've posted another 418 entries and then we'll talk about uninspired! Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:42 am   Reply with quote         

sorry i didnt know you have to make your chops your self, my neighbour a boy of 8 years does it for me Laughing Laughing no , music helps and trying to find the best parts in the source for use,

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:44 am   Reply with quote         

wat i wanna do is:

i wanna say on the next chop i'm going to use an umbrella in it somwhere...

then you'll have to be creative

i havnt used this approch yet....

jerryhami

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Inspiration! - Reply to topic