Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - strange chopping circumstances - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Dechene

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:04 pm   Reply with quote         

i just entered my reunion chop, 3 hrs work entirely done with my very upset and sore 7 month old on my shoulder & at 3am.

i am still holding her now, poor girl has 4 teeth that just broke through & i think 2 more on the way, painful.

and now my shoulder is starting to hurt as i type 'one armed', so was wondering, anyone else have to deal with strange chopping circumstances as well?

cherylm329

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I struggle to keep my eyes open after a while, haha

Tesore

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh yeah! Sometimes I have to eat, drink my red wine, smoke my favo Gauloise and the phone rings, msn does blink-blink, and all of this in good sleeping time: while still choppin’.
I have no life Confused

Make a good deal with the tooth fairy!

Good luck with the new teeth!

Wink

annajon

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Only that my mouse is on the blink - the lift button does not function anymore, so I have to push about 20 times to get one click. Right button is OK, but I don't have a good right click function on my wacom tablet pen, so I need to use the mouse.
it is very frustrating when you are really into a photoshop sometimes...

Good luck with the little ones teething problems, hope she does not keep you awake too much at night? Four teeth at ones and two on the way.... Shocked Confused .... well..... the good side of that is .... she has the pain of teething all in one go... not 6 times in a row.

Poor thing. Did you try a frozen carrot or a frozen raw long green bean for her yet, frozen things to bite on help take away the pain a little.

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Only that my mouse is on the blink - the lift button does not function anymore, so I have to push about 20 times to get one click. Right button is OK, but I don't have a good right click function on my wacom tablet pen, so I need to use the mouse.
it is very frustrating when you are really into a photoshop sometimes...

Good luck with the little ones teething problems, hope she does not keep you awake too much at night? Four teeth at ones and two on the way.... Shocked Confused .... well..... the good side of that is .... she has the pain of teething all in one go... not 6 times in a row.

Poor thing. Did you try a frozen carrot or a frozen raw long green bean for her yet, frozen things to bite on help take away the pain a little.
maybe your left mouse button is frozen too Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing just kidding

malnsk

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm always in bed and laying covered with blankets. hard time moving the mouse on the laptop.

cafn8d

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Awww. At least you ARE chopping. I haven't tried to chop since my now-seven-month-old baby was born. But my Internet surfing and chatting have been "unusual." Nestled on the couch, I'll have Evie nursing or otherwise in my lap while I try to type with my other (usually left-) hand on my laptop computer, which is precariously balanced on the arm of the couch and corner of the end table. I usually have a book I'm reading to Evie juggled somewhere in there, too. At least once each day, Evie will lean over in my lap and hit the keyboard, sometimes even managing to post accidental text! Of course, I need to set up well away from the couch and my laptop when we're feeding Evie (baby cereal, etc). She hasn't been horribly messy, but her trajectory can still reach about five feet. Shocked

Evelyn has been a very easy baby for the most part, but has been increasingly fussy and inconsolable lately. We're wondering if she's finally going to have her teeth come in. Anna's right about frozen foods (supposedly) helping. I've heard that, too. Frozen banana was recommended to us since bits that come off as it thaws aren't likely to choke the baby (defrosted banana is soft), but the flip-side is how slimy gummed-up banana can get. My favorite trick that was told to me (so far) is to freeze damp washcloths for teething babies to suck on. Which reminds me, I'd better go do that for Evie. Someone along the way gave us some Baby Ambesol gel. I'll try that if nothing else works.

cheers Anyway, congratulations on still managing to chop! cheers I hope I'm able to chop and have something to enter for the Reunion Contest, too.

splodge

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

kids have all growed up and flown the coupe, but we still have our problems,
cat wanting to use icanhascheeseburger,

dog wanting chat with friends on facebook

or fighting for my vodka,

Hallcross Toots
lostagain

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:38 pm   Reply with quote         

well, i woke at 6 am every day back home 3:30 pm pic post around 4 pm in my time (kuwait) and after that my lovely wife talkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk 2 much with me while im on pc special when im chopping :)so i wait when she go out or sleep lol but i love her

Tesore

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

lostagain wrote:
well, i woke at 6 am every day back home 3:30 pm pic post around 4 pm in my time (kuwait) and after that my lovely wife talkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk 2 much with me while im on pc special when im chopping :)so i wait when she go out or sleep lol but i love her

Only love... Wink

Napalm32

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

33 entries at 05.22 01/03/2009.

Not bad.
I bet there will be 60/65 at the beginning.
Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:
33 entries at 05.22 01/03/2009.

Not bad.
I bet there will be 60/65 at the beginning.
Very Happy

Napalm...this is the TEETHING thread, not the REUNION thread. geesh!
Listen...Dechene...the shower is your refuge! Invest in the nicest shower gels and shampoos, etc. Relish the time you have to yourself in the shower.

Before you know it, your daughter will be 12 going on 18 and you'll miss these tedious teething days. Very Happy

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Listen...Dechene...the shower is your refuge! Invest in the nicest shower gels and shampoos, etc. Relish the time you have to yourself in the shower.

Before you know it, your daughter will be 12 going on 18 and you'll miss these tedious teething days. Very Happy

Um, I have time for myself in the shower? That's time that my 2 yo daughter books out everyday!
The only peaceful showers I get to have are when I start work at 6am and get to shower at 4! Awesome!

That's what I get for being a breeder I guess? Laughing

Wouldn't trade it for the world though. Very Happy

Tarmac

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
... so was wondering, anyone else have to deal with strange chopping circumstances as well?

Last night, right in the middle of a chop I needed to finish, my daughter asks, ..."so dad you want to play some chess?". She hasn't shown any interest in chess in over four years. Shocked beyond words, and now torn between wanting to finish the chop I was working on and doing the right thing. We played chess.

At 1am, tired of our battle, we stopped to take it up tomorrow night. My chop still beckoning to be finished, I got three hours sleep, then up at 4am to finally finish what I started, and post it.

Bottom line is this; at two they're teething and keep you up all night. At twelve, they''re brains are teething and they keep you up all night.

But like you said Dechene, 'I wouldn't trade these precious times, for the world'. Very Happy

(yes, that's dust on the chessboard. its shamefully under used these days)

rockyjob

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah thats happened to me those strange circumstances. Once I had to chop with clothes on Confused Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - strange chopping circumstances - Reply to topic