Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - London Baby! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

Next week I'm going to London for 4 days with some buddies...since there are a lot of people from the UK here, any sight seeing tips?

I know the Big Ben of course, the London eye, tower bridge and the millenium dome! But I mean, some really exciting stuff...
(and good pubs) Wink

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/

Laughing ah yes! How could I forget this one...but it's not in London right?

tomcol6

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

Hi DaVinci,

The Millenium Dome is now called the O2 Arena, and it's now a venue for concerts and shows. So it's only worth going if there is a particular show you want to see.

Here's some links to schmap:

http://www.schmap.com/london/toppicks_attractions/#r=none&mapview=Map&tab=Places&topleft=54.37416,-1.65344&bottomright=48.46564,1.43372&i=none

http://www.schmap.com/london/sights_alllondon/#r=none&mapview=Map&tab=Places&p=207008&topleft=61.83541,-6.30615&bottomright=38.09998,6.04248&i=207008_11.jpg

annajon

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Every stay in London is only complete when you visit the best and longest running play in theatre: Agatha Christy's "Mousetrap". It is called a London Landmark these days, since it has been running for 50 years already.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

while your there, go shout abuse at the Chelsea and Arsenal teams cheers Laughing

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

tomcol6 wrote:
Hi DaVinci,

The Millenium Dome is now called the O2 Arena, and it's now a venue for concerts and shows. So it's only worth going if there is a particular show you want to see.

Here's some links to schmap:

http://www.schmap.com/london/toppicks_attractions/#r=none&mapview=Map&tab=Places&topleft=54.37416,-1.65344&bottomright=48.46564,1.43372&i=none

http://www.schmap.com/london/sights_alllondon/#r=none&mapview=Map&tab=Places&p=207008&topleft=61.83541,-6.30615&bottomright=38.09998,6.04248&i=207008_11.jpg

Thanks Tomcol, hm but there's so much to see and not so much time for a concert! But I keep this one in mind Very Happy

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Every stay in London is only complete when you visit the best and longest running play in theatre: Agatha Christy's "Mousetrap". It is called a London Landmark these days, since it has been running for 50 years already.

Right...uhm...I will buy it on DVD Laughing

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
while your there, go shout abuse at the Chelsea and Arsenal teams cheers Laughing

Ha, for a good old laugh you mean? Laughing but yeah we were seriously thinking about visiting a football match, the premier ship is the best!

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

Mhm 1 more thing...should we be armoured? I heard of all the stabbings in London Shocked

splodge

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

nearly all the stabbings are kids/gang related,
trocadero, madam tussauds, open top bus tour, thames ferrie boat tour, buckingham pallace, soho, carnaby street, ect

Hallcross Toots
DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
nearly all the stabbings are kids/gang related,
trocadero, madam tussauds, open top bus tour, thames ferrie boat tour, buckingham pallace, soho, carnaby street, ect

Ooooow they are only kids, than it's less painful! Ok thanks for the tips Splodge, we def will go in one of those doubledecker busses! Very Happy and we will probarly end up with a Big Ben keychain and a I love Londen shirt Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Are you there on Saturday or Sunday, as you may struggle to get a premiership football match otherwise bro I am afraid Confused

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Are you there on Saturday or Sunday, as you may struggle to get a premiership football match otherwise bro I am afraid Confused

Yeah we're there thursday - sunday, but if we don't go no problem...we have our own Mickey Mouse competition here Wink sunday my hometown will play against Ajax!

annajon

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:
annajon wrote:

Right...uhm...I will buy it on DVD Laughing

Don't know if that play is on DVD, you may need to read the book.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - London Baby! - Reply to topic