Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H Rules - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kinetic_be

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

The idea is good Arc.

deshone

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:47 pm   Reply with quote         

i think all players should all feel the same and then we can change it ... i have seen a few denials ... so change it next year ...

we all knew when we signed up if we had the time to chop in the 2 day period ... that's why people like claf didn't enter before ... and maybe some other members didn't sign up this year because of that ... changing it now would be unfair for those who skipped this year because the didn't have the time to chop ...

next time think about this before the tourney starts ... which was announced a few weeks back ... you had your chance ... now STFU and chop Smile

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

blackfox wrote:
You can't change the rules after the contest is started . . . to do so opens you up to changing the rules at any time in any contest. Change them for next time . . . everyone knew the rules going into the contest . . . no one said you HAD to join the contest.

All it would take is for one chopper to say "you changed the rules after they were binding and I'm seeking legal action for my inconvenience." People sue for hot coffee spillage and facebook changes. . . . why take a chance. . . leave the rules as they are.

Point is nowhere in the rules is stated when the source is released blackfox. As well as it doesn't state what the prize is. It's not really changing the rules, once the info is not shown anywhere.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Tommeken

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

like the Idea from Arc. two more days to chop...means better entries @ the end of the line Cool

gotmeamuse

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

HOW FRINKIN FORTUNATE AM I EVEN TO BE IN ROUND 1!!!!!

I have no idea how this happened and im sure glad this got brought up or I would not have known how fortunate I am.

Im new here. Someone wanna pm me and tell me how I got here in this tournament ? Other than did a cartwheel when i heard about it and scrambled to make registraion?????

Ps Im realy hoping to see the next round ......and the new source on friday!

Artist ~ ArtAbounds
May your next manipulation be your best!
TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm all for releasing the source on Friday.

Won't mean much for me this round as I'm 99.99% positive I lost round 1 again.

Laughing

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

deshone wrote:
i think all players should all feel the same and then we can change it ... i have seen a few denials ... so change it next year ...

we all knew when we signed up if we had the time to chop in the 2 day period ... that's why people like claf didn't enter before ... and maybe some other members didn't sign up this year because of that ... changing it now would be unfair for those who skipped this year because the didn't have the time to chop ...

next time think about this before the tourney starts ... which was announced a few weeks back ... you had your chance ... now STFU and chop Smile

yep
Hiya, Desh Very Happy

Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Why not publish the 7 sources for next year now?

Oscar

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Agreed !

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok with me

Micose

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

go for it
Tesore

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Agree with Arc!

Don't say this is new, it's not, I ask this for the 3th year now.
Its about work, time difference, kids (oke, that's my fould), etc.
I prefer to get the source each week on Friday!

*Lays here 2 cts on the table and stfuac*

A.G.L

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

ok so arcaico asked me If I can comment on this topic and say If I would like that change. (makes no sense since I was 5 min. late to post my entry)
Anyway. first of all, if they want to make this change now, then it's unfair for others that didn't have that much time on choping. I mean seriously, I come home from school at 6pm the source is announced at 2pm where I live, so the source is there all ready for a looong time, anyway I come from school eat something, go and study, do my homework and when I'm finished it is 10 pm and almost every day is like that. So I barely find the time to chop and I can't say I'm the only one with that problem. I think there is a lot of ppl with same problems (U come home from work, U look at the time, go pick up Ur children- some of U, go to the super market to buy something that U need, resolve family problems and so on and so on). So I'll say yes, for moving the announcement of the source on Friday.
- I'm not done yet- the other thing that bothers me is that U can't post Ur entry after the voting has started. At least give 6 more hours or do as Arcaico said Evil or Very Mad I mean really if somebody sees the entry from he's opponent and he wants to make something better... well he'll do it if he is really that good, if he's not he's a looser anyway. Because by the time he makes his wanabe the best chop (we are talking about the newbies) he will already loose about 40-50 votes, so there is no need to panic that somebody will look at Ur enetry and in time of 6h he'll make the best chop ever, post it on the contest and win. The only one that could have chance is the one that already had his chop half made and finished it in the last 6h that u would give or let's say 3h, so that U don't say I'm nuts.
- next thing. When U go under contest/H2H on the top of the list it should say which time line do U mean ( EST– Eastern Standard Time) and not on the end of the list and it is better if U type the whole thing because we in Europe can mix it and think it's European standard time or English Student Theatre Razz
- what is the point of having some of the contest open if there is no show. U can announce the winner right away Laughing
- one more last thing and then I'm leaving PSC for good (I think U are all very mad at me right now...no really I'm leaving) there should be an email sent to all that are joining the contest and it should inform U when is the source being announced or it has already been (because not everybody is on this site every day- as I already said some of us barely find time to chop)

P.S. I want this site to get better, I wish that everybody has a chance and a good opponent and not a "no show" Sad
and sorry for the mistakes in the message, I hope U will all understand what I wrote Very Happy

Dechene

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Makes a lot of sense to me.

So long as everyone who is left gets the same amount of time to chop then how is it unfair to anyone?

We all had the same amount of time to chop the first week & we will all have the same time to chop 2nd week, just that it will be longer.

I bet it would have dropped the number of no shows as well.

On friday release an email to all participants, one that thanks the losers for their efforts & includes the link to the new source for the winners.

My 2c AUD.

But if I don't make the second round I couldn't give a damn! Laughing

rose-wood71

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont have a problem with the source being released Friday. I will be able to find time either way. Time zones and Days are different for us Aussies any way.

As long as the majority agree and notification given to all contestents I see no problems.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H Rules - Reply to topic