Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - the 4 best loosers in H2H first round - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

Edovan 66 votes
rose wood 64 votes
pearcinator 63 votes

txpinky and gotmeamuse both 58 votes ( coin flip ) ?

maybe 4 of theme can fill in the two caps for round two?

supak0ma

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

there's only 2 free spots and they were taken by edovan and rose-wood71

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
there's only 2 free spots and they were taken by edovan and rose-wood71
oeps didnt see it, good decision of the mods

edovan

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

Oh!
And I was just about to head for the Loosers Lounge, but couldn't find it... Smile
Pearcinator

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Awwww thats not fair....those 2 ppl got more overall votes (140 and 145) while my n blurker oly got an overall of 128 votes.

Should've gone percentage based. The highest 2 ppl who got the highest percentage of votes. That way its fair.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
Should've gone percentage based. The highest 2 ppl who got the highest percentage of votes. That way its fair.

no it wouldn't be, that would mean your score is dependant on the score of your opponent.

eg:
a1 has 124, a2 has 76, a2 has almost 38% of votes
b1 has 3, b2 has 2, b2 has 40% votes

if we deal with percentages that would mean b2 is going through (eventhough a2 has 76 votes, while b2 has only 2)

Pearcinator

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

^^^
OK in extreme circumstances its not fair. BUT if we take it into real-terms then its fair.

There is no group (apart from the no-showers) who have a total vote of 5 so that should not be taken into consideration.

Every group (that doesnt have a no-show) has a total amount of votes over 105. That means you can basically rule out anyone under 50 votes.

Id be 1st with a percentage of 49.2% followed by a very close match between gotmeamuse [46.7%] and TofuTheGreat [46.9%]. So therefore TofuTheGreat would take the second spot.

The average number of overall votes is 124. Me and Blurker had 128 votes so that was above the average.

Both Edovan and Rose-Wood71 got just over 45% of the votes.

But enough of this rambling on. It doesnt matter since the mods have already made the decision.

glennhanna

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
Awwww thats not fair....those 2 ppl got more overall votes (140 and 145) while my n blurker oly got an overall of 128 votes.

This is why it sucks to be at the bottom of the list, because of the possibility that a voter starts at the top and works their way down, only to get tired half-way through and leaves, never to come back and finish voting. Other people just view the contests they want to look at, via popular names and people with a history of great entries. But I also think that some people look at a matchup and decide that they don't want to vote on either entry, so they skip to the next. Tough call, but I think it is more than fair that any loser is lucky enough to proceed to the next round, no matter what method is used to pick'em.

supak0ma

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Pearcinator wrote:

This is why it sucks to be at the bottom of the list, because of the possibility that a voter starts at the top and works their way down, only to get tired half-way through and leaves, never to come back and finish voting. Other people just view the contests they want to look at, via popular names and people with a history of great entries. But I also think that some people look at a matchup and decide that they don't want to vote on either entry, so they skip to the next. Tough call, but I think it is more than fair that any loser is lucky enough to proceed to the next round, no matter what method is used to pick'em.

i think implementing a vote+next entry button like in the contests would encourage a more evenly distributed voting

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:27 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
i think implementing a vote+next entry button like in the contests would encourage a more evenly distributed voting

yes! that would be great.. i was looking all over the place to make sure i wasnt overlooking the next button .. it's very annoying you have to go back to choose the next H2H

edovan

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:23 am   Reply with quote         

Why not randomize the list for each user? And putting the "already voted" ones at the bottom...
armogeden

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
^^^
OK in extreme circumstances its not fair. BUT if we take it into real-terms then its fair.

There is no group (apart from the no-showers) who have a total vote of 5 so that should not be taken into consideration.

Every group (that doesnt have a no-show) has a total amount of votes over 105. That means you can basically rule out anyone under 50 votes.

Id be 1st with a percentage of 49.2% followed by a very close match between gotmeamuse [46.7%] and TofuTheGreat [46.9%]. So therefore TofuTheGreat would take the second spot.

The average number of overall votes is 124. Me and Blurker had 128 votes so that was above the average.

Both Edovan and Rose-Wood71 got just over 45% of the votes.

But enough of this rambling on. It doesnt matter since the mods have already made the decision.

People vote for what they think is good. Sometimes if neither chop is superb then they abstain from voting. The most votes system is definitely fairer.

gotmeamuse

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the percentages people. I feel realy great about how I placed considering ..............well considering I insulted a bunch of of folks here previousy for wich i do apologize. Wont be the last time i lose because of my mouth. And im sure I upset a few of the teenage mutant ninja christians with the "Caution, Brainwashing ahead".
But when i look at how close I actualy was and the names of the folks that voted for my "cooked" entry,
well how could i be anything but pleased?
I just want to assure those that No Humans were injured in any way in the making of cooked. The guy was made out of exactly 46 roasted lamb legs.
Stick a fork in him...hes done.
My point is made simply with a quote from Thomas Jefferson "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics." Ill just S.T.F.U.andC. now. Thanks

Artist ~ ArtAbounds
May your next manipulation be your best!
Granulated

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
Why not randomize the list for each user? And putting the "already voted" ones at the bottom...

BINGO

Granulated

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Wasn't there a match were the only person to post an entry basically just did a glamour filer preocess on the source?

Winners such as those should be beaten with a bag of oranges !

just kiddin'

Razz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - the 4 best loosers in H2H first round - Reply to topic