Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Lets show off what we do! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tesore

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Tesore wrote:
I'm sure everybody have something to say, so do I... *in my best English*
Wink Just a little thing: Please place the source of the day on the front page...
It summons people to creativity and brings them on ideas, choppers anyway!

Looks great BigBuck!

Looks great, nice work Bigbuck

Thnx Anna, that was (partly) my 2 cts (almost 3 cts) Cool

Laughing

dewdew

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

GO BUCK......GO BUCK.....GO BUCK..... Shocked ....Oh sorry, i got excited. Smile

Now that looks good.

splodge

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

you forgot my clocks Sad
but other wise looks great, i think we'll go with that one Smile

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

It's so much better than the one I saw earlier tonight:

TG my H2H chop arrived safely in the middle of the PSC web crash Rolling Eyes

Laughing Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks good, I like the last 5 years of winners window Wink

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

I like the image layout, very nice throwback to the last PSC layout, which I preferred. I don't think we need the hall of fame on the front, it puts too many images on the main page, IMHO. We should have a stat page where all that sort of information can be displayed. I think we do somewhere, I thought I saw one once...which shows how much of a pain in the ass this current layout is to navigate. There are still pages I am finding that I never knew existed! Rolling Eyes I like the colors, but as someone said in the last thread, lose the swirly vectors, they are unnecessary.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

I love bucks ideas... we def need to show more of what the site is about. I was noticing one thing about the images though. At the bottom where it says this week leaders, why are our avatars not the same size for everyone? it looks crappy to have mixed size avatars we should have one standard size. Laughing

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
I love bucks ideas... we def need to show more of what the site is about. I was noticing one thing about the images though. At the bottom where it says this week leaders, why are our avatars not the same size for everyone? it looks crappy to have mixed size avatars we should have one standard size. Laughing

There is a standard size, some people just have the odd urge to make their avatars thinner or shorter than that standard.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:25 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
With all the talk about the front page redesign, lets have a think about showing a bit more of our stuff.
Lets give visitors something to tweak their interest and click on.

How about;
1. Today at a glance. Today's leading entries.
2. Recent Winning Entries.
3. Recent Prize Winners. Rather than waste space with avatars/prize icons, lets give them extra thumbs/entries to click on.
4. Other open contests
5. Hall of fame? How about cycling some of the wonderful entries from our galleries through the front page.

I totally disagree with "today at a glance". It looks good but it encourages voters to vote for just the top 5, it's totally biased.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 am   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
With all the talk about the front page redesign, lets have a think about showing a bit more of our stuff.
Lets give visitors something to tweak their interest and click on.

How about;
1. Today at a glance. Today's leading entries.
2. Recent Winning Entries.
3. Recent Prize Winners. Rather than waste space with avatars/prize icons, lets give them extra thumbs/entries to click on.
4. Other open contests
5. Hall of fame? How about cycling some of the wonderful entries from our galleries through the front page.

I totally disagree with "today at a glance". It looks good but it encourages voters to vote for just the top 5, it's totally biased.
thats why i said before, let in a loop the today entries roll Very Happy

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

just an idea , off course with all the entries looping, i hope splodge can do this in his FLASH Very Happy Very Happy so tha evrybody sais loud, yes all together SPLODGE ROCKS, thats why he is to good for all of us Laughing

rockyjob

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
just an idea , off course with all the entries looping, i hope splodge can do this in his FLASH Very Happy Very Happy so tha evrybody sais loud, yes all together SPLODGE ROCKS, thats why he is to good for all of us Laughing

I disagree.. The top 3 are a good thing... it encourages people to check the contests, although for me flash makes the site more distracted and less focused.. I mean, we had the top 3 in 2006 and it wasnt much of a problem.. (I may be wrong because I wasn't there but from what I've heard so far almost noone complained..)

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
candron wrote:

I disagree.. The top 3 are a good thing... it encourages people to check the contests, although for me flash makes the site more distracted and less focused.. I mean, we had the top 3 in 2006 and it wasnt much of a problem.. (I may be wrong because I wasn't there but from what I've heard so far almost noone complained..)
agree but some say top 3 will give attention to those works to much, flash i dont understand just kidding with splodge the old vodka russian drinker here Very Happy you know i am to old for this <LOL i leaf it to the youngers, i go fishing now and hopefully some asian schick bites Very Happy Laughing not one of 88 years thx Very Happy

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

how about winning gifs running as animated (gif or flash) on the front page

rockyjob

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
It's so much better than the one I saw earlier tonight:

TG my H2H chop arrived safely in the middle of the PSC web crash Rolling Eyes

Laughing Wink

what are you talking about.... this design is much better!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Lets show off what we do! - Reply to topic