Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Jerry717 - Passed Away :( - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Thu May 14, 2009 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

One aspect of PSC that I've always liked is that even though you may never have spoken directly or at great depth with someone here, you do get to know them through the work they produce.

Jerry will truly be missed here.

Granulated

Post Thu May 14, 2009 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

my condolences to all family and friends

rockyjob

Post Thu May 14, 2009 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad
He seemed like a nice, funny guy...
Never got to meet him... I missed out on something good Sad

jasper

Post Thu May 14, 2009 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Mourning the loss of a great guy and a brilliant technician. Always a joy to chat with and always ready to be a mentor, Jerry embodied the spirit of this website.

He has positively impacted so many here. In my eyes, this contest entry speaks volumes about the man we knew:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87494/nice-throwarf.html
PLEASE FAV

We'll miss you Jerry.

cafn8d

Post Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad Warm thoughts and deepest sympathies to his wife Peggy, and all of Jerry's other loved ones. Hug

-Melissa and family

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

OUCH!!!!

Like others, I did not know he was sick. We exchanged PM's not that long ago. Class act that he was, I'm sure he didn't want anyone to "pity" him.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried real tears (not E-tears) when I read this sad news. Jerry was truly a gentleman here at PSC. He and I did exchange PM's and he loved his wife and daughters more than anything in the world. If Peggy reads this, know that the basement renovation was a labor of love. Wink

Jerry717 always was willing to help others with their chops, probably more back in the old timer days than recently (I understand why he wasn't around much now). He was the color expert, and could speak circles around most of us when it came to that.

I have had this image in my favorites for quite some time. It was one that Jerry717 told me was his OWN favorite, because of the amount of work he put into it, and how pleased he was with the way it turned out.

Contest link:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/62988/display.html?nocache=1

I lost my own brother to cancer. I feel like I just lost another brother to the same blasted disease.

My thoughts and prayers are also with Jerry's wife and daughters, like so many others have posted before me.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Sat May 16, 2009 12:56 am   Reply with quote         

I just wanted to reiterate what I wrote in another thread on this:

I hadn't been in contact with Jerry in quite a while....and to say I'm sick is an understatement.

I had the privilege of meeting Jerry & his wife about 5-6 years ago when they stopped through Syracuse, NY en-route to Maine for vacation. Jerry showed me some of his professional work for GM & Eddie Bauer...tremendous. He also gave me a 50 year calendar he made from one of his other strong skillset pastimes, wood turning.

Jerry & I went out to a pub that night where we talked Photoshop & color theory for HOURS. It was like an intense seminar. The passion Jerry had for his trade was IMMENSE. I had never & may never met someone with such an in-depth core understanding of digital imaging.

I always thought I'd get back in touch with Jerry someday & pick up from where things left off...but....

This man was my friend. A great father, husband, and as much as he may not had wanted to admit...A GREAT ARTIST.

I love you Jerry & I'll miss you very much.

....I'm STILL reeling about this. Sad

Post Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

I just heard this news today, and I'm deeply saddened.... Sad

He was an incredible guy, and a great teacher. I recall asking for some advice on a photo and not only did he make suggestions, but he helped correct it, and took the time to write out the explanations to everything he did step by step. He just went out of his way to help me when he could have easily blown me off.....I remember seing some of his professional work and was blown away and jeolous of his amazing skills.
A GREAT artist and person has been lost. You will be missed!

mikey

Post Tue May 26, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

I offer my heartfelt condolences.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Jerry717 - Passed Away :( - Reply to topic