Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Quit smoking crusade - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

arcaico

Post Fri May 22, 2009 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Maybe you should give up raping cartoon game characters first and then quit smoking.?

Yer avatar is next... I´ll do them at the same time... Wink

Scion... I spent US$375 on it... for the full 3 months treatment... but if you take a closer look, you´ll see it´s not that expensive... for instance, I smoke a 20cigs pack a day... they cost around US$2,50 in here... I spend US$75 a month with cigarettes... so, the price i paid for Champix is equivalent to 5 months smoking... not buying it because it´s expensive is an illusion, once you´ll save a lot of money AFTER you quit smoking... well... it´s just a way of seeing it... made me feel better for spending that much on it...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

sirenka

Post Fri May 22, 2009 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
I invite each and every one of you smokers out there to join me in this crusade.

Today I took my first pill of Champix (Chantix in the US). Hopefully, in 10 days I'll quit smoking, and in three months, I won't even know what it was to light a cigarette.

If any of you want to quit smoking the easy way, here's the pfizer hotsite for it.

http://www.chantix.com/

I'm aware bs used it and succeeded. And pretty soon that will make us two.

Cheers.
arc

GOOD LUCK! YOU'LL NEED IT! Very Happy
my grandpa quit cigarettes after 50 years of smoking .... he didn't take any pills ..he started chewing gum's instead of smoking cigars ... try that ... or something else..don't take pills ..

sage

Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Good luck, my friend.

I gave up the smoke about three years ago. Wasn't hard to do... I just don't have sex anymore.

arcaico

Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
Good luck, my friend.

I gave up the smoke about three years ago. Wasn't hard to do... I just don't have sex anymore.

So it´s just like marriage, huh? Wink

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

sage

Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

well....not that painful.

haha! Actually, I lit a smoke at about 10 am after a hard day's night of partying... tasted like crap, so I threw it away. That was it. Haven't felt like smoking since.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri May 22, 2009 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

If you want to quit for real, go to the drugstore and buy a $3 bottle of charcoal pills, the first thing that happens is detoxification, it makes the body reject more toxins, so you'll have less urge to smoke, at the very least you'll detoxify you rotten bastard! Twisted Evil

splodge

Post Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

and when you die of loung Cancer you will make a great Bar-Be-Que bricket,

Hallcross Toots
Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri May 22, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

What a glow he'd make... Wink

mikey

Post Fri May 22, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

You can do it!!! Cool

Post Fri May 22, 2009 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
You can do it!!! Cool

That's supportive Smile
YOU CAN DO IT! GO ARC! Mr. Green

ReinMan

Post Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Never smoked. But my dad did - pack a day kinda guy - and when we were kids it was still cool to smoke in the house.

I was rather messed up by the smoke (apparently I was "allergic" to it, though I can't imagine what NOT being allergic must mean - after all it is a TOXIC CLOUD OF POISON at the very least) so after decades of smoking my dad finally quit. He did a thing called "smoke enders" and it was a "group therapy" thing. Which is REAL funny as my dad didn't believe in "therapy". But damn if it didn't work and he quit right on schedule and never looked back. It really changed his life and his, until then, shitty attitude. Smile

Me? After breathing his shitty 2nd hand smoke for almost a decade and a half? Well, it was too late for me - the mental damage had been done. The good news is YOU ALL GET TO BENEFIT FROM THAT EVERY DAY HERE AT PSC Razz reindeer

GO AHEAD ARC. DO IT. I DARE YA!!!!!! Wink

Tarmac

Post Fri May 22, 2009 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I never had the courage to take up smoking. But soon after we got together, Mrs. Tarmac quit her 10 year habit. She did it by adopting a slow, gradual reduction from one pack a day, down to one pack a week, then down to two cigarettes a day, and then she just quit. It wasn't easy, and it wasn't fun (for either of us) but it was definitely worth it.

Good luck Arc, maybe after you're done, you can go after the cig companies for a piece of that 5 Billion they'll have owed you. Smile

Dragon

Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:43 am   Reply with quote         

I smoked for 12 years and finally decided to quit when my daughter was born. If you've smoked for a long time I can tell you the hardest part is not going to be the chemical addiction.

The greatest challenge to beat are the psychological habits you've developed during your time as a smoker -- that cigarette break at work, that smoke in the car on the way to work or on the way home (or both), etc. There are certain times that you'll feel like you want a smoke -- and its not always because of a chemical thing -- its just 'that time.'This will be really noticable because you've got the pill.

Anyway best way to fight this is with gum of some kind. The weakest kind of nicotine gum helps, because it makes the urge go away.

Good luck

GhostlyJoe

Post Sat May 23, 2009 4:38 am   Reply with quote         

I wanted to wish you luck.

I quit about a month and a half ago, and it's definitely worth it.

Best advice: Chew a lot of sugar-free gum.

Post Sat May 23, 2009 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

GhostlyJoe wrote:
I wanted to wish you luck.

I quit about a month and a half ago, and it's definitely worth it.

Best advice: Chew a lot of sugar-free gum.

sure, give up a venom and take on another...aspartame kills

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Quit smoking crusade - Reply to topic