Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Quit smoking crusade - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GhostlyJoe

Post Sun May 24, 2009 5:26 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

sure, give up a venom and take on another...aspartame kills

Hasn't killed me yet Wink

Post Sun May 24, 2009 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

GhostlyJoe wrote:
supak0ma wrote:

sure, give up a venom and take on another...aspartame kills

Hasn't killed me yet Wink

very slowly Wink

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

Go for it Arc. I have a Quitmeter on my computer I completely forgot about. I quit 7 years, 5 months, 3 weeks and one day ago...I have supposedly saved $8693.91, but I have no idea where that money went.

I used an online program through the American Lung Association and eventually became a moderator there before I found THIS site. You may want to check it out. You work through modules while you are still smoking, and you pick a quit date and go for it:
http://www.ffsonline.org/

I used Nicorette, Chantix wasn't around. I tried Wellbutrin, but it made me break out in terrible hives.

There's a cold turkey site that's worth looking at, even if you're not going cold turkey...
http://whyquit.com/

I'd wish you good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it. You just have to make the decision to finally do it for real, and then stick with that decision, no matter what...

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Arc, how are things going so far? Can we get an update?

I'm going cold turkey today. I've said this several times. I'm hoping a couple bags of sunflower seeds will keep me distracted for a while anyway. If that doesn't help, I do have some NRT gum, which didn't help me before, but still have a few weeks supply. I've got some good inspiration this go-around, an alcoholic friend of mine has gone sober for 6 days so far, another friend quit smoking pot and nicotine for a month. I'm competitive, so I have to show them how tough I am too. Thanks Nancers for the links.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
I invite each and every one of you smokers out there to join me in this crusade.

Today I took my first pill of Champix (Chantix in the US). Hopefully, in 10 days I'll quit smoking, and in three months, I won't even know what it was to light a cigarette.

If any of you want to quit smoking the easy way, here's the pfizer hotsite for it.

http://www.chantix.com/

I'm aware bs used it and succeeded. And pretty soon that will make us two.

Cheers.
arc

Doing the gum.
Day four.
Not particularly happy.

sonic3

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:37 am   Reply with quote         

Good luck to you all.
Some find it easy some dont, but if you really really want to give up smoking you will. Just dont give up on it. Smile

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:42 am   Reply with quote         

No one likes a quitter.

arcaico

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

1 month and a week smoke-free. Best decision I ever had. Well... second best... I remember I decided to hit on a hot chick on a trip once, and... well... it doesn't matter...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Arc, all kidding and bullshit aside, congratulations. Its a tough thing to do, and the huge danger is once you have beat it, thinking now that you've kicked it you can have "just one".

Don't fall for the temptation man.

Keep up the good work.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

It has been one month since I had a cig. Very Happy

I had been smoking from the time i was 11 until i turned 34 this past May.

i was in a dr office when he said something I thought was ridiculous, he said "if you have been smoking you need to change your cloths every time you come back in from smoking" I said, "you have got to be kidding man, you think im going to change 30 times a day?"

long story short, doc prescribed me patches....
It's still a bit rough at times, but not having a cig for 30 days is a new adventure. It's something, all of the different habits you have to change due to not having a cig. Some are driving, cooking, eating, PSing, surfing, bathroom, even checking the mail!! It is funny not having that cough every day, and the new "super" sence of smell.. omg, i can smell a grill for miles now.

too bad I still don't have any extra money laying around, I would surly have an advantage membership if I did, but this economy is so horrible for the self employed.

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Well done!

I always thought of quitting habits as not just a single choice but a continual one to say no every second of everyday.

Scrumpy

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

Well I've quit everything, I don't smoke anymore (of anything), don't drink anymore, can't eat anything I like, my photoshop sucks, I have no imagination, my hair is turning white, my thyroid is dead!, All I do is work, Can't water ski anymore, don't hunt anymore, don't fish anymore, (Someone put me out of my misery! Shocked Laughing ) But on the good side, my typing skills are improving! thumright

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
Well I've quit everything, I don't smoke anymore (of anything), don't drink anymore, can't eat anything I like, my photoshop sucks, I have no imagination, my hair is turning white, my thyroid is dead!, All I do is work, Can't water ski anymore, don't hunt anymore, don't fish anymore, (Someone put me out of my misery! Shocked Laughing ) But on the good side, my typing skills are improving! thumright

Quit complaining Razz

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:

Quit complaining Razz

You got it! I'll quit that too! Wink Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Quit smoking crusade - Reply to topic