Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The best way to copyright your work?? - Reply to topic

Post Fri May 29, 2009 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi, does anubody knows how to copyright logos, images or anything that you make? coz,i experienced that someone uses my work and claim that he's the one who did it,but its ok, not a big deal for me, its just so happen that I dont what to happen it again coz its not fair.ryt? thanks!
by the way? is there a free copyright processing. Wink

GhostlyJoe

Post Fri May 29, 2009 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

airacan wrote:
Hi, does anubody knows how to copyright logos, images or anything that you make? coz,i experienced that someone uses my work and claim that he's the one who did it,but its ok, not a big deal for me, its just so happen that I dont what to happen it again coz its not fair.ryt? thanks!
by the way? is there a free copyright processing. Wink

I'm sorry to here your work has been stolen Sad

My understanding is that copyright is established automatically upon "fixed creation" of the work. Once you've made it, it's yours unless you're working on behalf of someone else (your employer, for example, might own the copyright for any work you've done).

I don't think you need to register it, but you can license your work in order to set parameters for others to make use of it. Of course, laws are likely to be different from country to country, and, like a protection order, a piece of paper (or, in this case, an ethic) doesn't actually prevent someone from appropriating your work, it just offers a legal avenue to pursue a grievance.

There's plenty of information out there on copyrights ... Google will show you the way Wink

Post Fri May 29, 2009 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks ghostlyjoe, actually the real story is, I supposed to proposed it on one of my customer that needed a logo for their resto,but thats what happened, he just change a some colors and lightings but the whole idea is mine, but is it ok if i put copyright logo on it? is there no problem with that? and one more thing, is the copyright processing free or not? i already search google but it confuses me.haha. thanks! Laughing

jazpur

Post Sat May 30, 2009 4:52 am   Reply with quote         

I don't know where you're from but here in Europe a good starting point for copywrite and trademarks is this site: http://www.boip.int/

There's an english version as well

supak0ma

Post Sat May 30, 2009 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

mail it to yourself

sonic3

Post Sun May 31, 2009 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

I dont know about copyright, but if your doing work for someone else, its wise to water mark the image sample you send them until they pay you for the original.
Never send a finished completed image to a customer until your happy.
Best of luck.

Post Sun May 31, 2009 5:15 am   Reply with quote         

ok..thnx for the advise and info's, by the way sonic3 if i will going to put watermark on my piece,what should I saw raw water or mineral water? haha lol just kiddin! Razz

sonic3

Post Sun May 31, 2009 5:19 am   Reply with quote         

airacan wrote:
ok..thnx for the advise and info's, by the way sonic3 if i will going to put watermark on my piece,what should I saw raw water or mineral water? haha lol just kiddin! Razz

Sparkling water works for me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The best way to copyright your work?? - Reply to topic